Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Monster Fuel Injection ECU enhancement

CFFBB812-CCF9-434C-9441-963C9F3ACB03.jpg

I purchased and installed the Stage 1 ECU enhancement firmware using the MyGenius tool.
    After a roadtest, I am impressed with the results, no start up safety review warning anymore, drive ability has improved, hesitation on accel is gone, off idle acceleration scared me at first….more responsive…...engine runs smoother”….doesn’t feel like it’s fighting retarded spark timing.. All n all…….It was worth the $$$. Intimidating at first to be using the electronic gadgetry, but, this old fart figured it out.
    I wanted to still be able to use regular octane in emergency situations, stage 1 is fine for me.
    www.monsterfuelinjection.com
    Update of fuel mileage: 6/3/2022. My fuel mileage pulling a trailer at 65mph is 33mpg.
    Last edited by bikerchris1270; 06-04-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I went with stage 2 and I carry a small bottle of Boostane with me should I not find 91 fuel. Stage 2 is impressive. Just don't grab a lot of throttle unless you are headed in a straight line.

Spyder Garage

Bikerchris, glad to hear it’s working well. I may still go down that route, even though I currently have a Pedal Commander.

Just an aside, for those ‘20+ owners who aren’t aware……you do not have to wait for the safety warning to come up before you press the mode button. Turn on your key, press the mode button, start.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I also went to Stage II, because I saw comments on this forum where others indicated that they went to Stage I and then sent the ECU in to change to Stage II. I also carry enough BoostTane for four full tanks of 87 gas to get it to 93, since I ride in rural Arkansas frequently and with some frequency find nothing but 87 available. No big deal. Very happy with the change in the bike. Thinking about adding a peddle box from LaMonster but probably will not do that. The Stage II really wakes up the Spyder. No complaints. Very happy with the change.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have added the pedal commander and still on the fence about adding anything else. I feel like i would need to do the cat delete in order to get the most out of the ECU enhancement. And for now, I am liking the less noise that I get with running the cats. Yes, I liked the lost weight with the cat delete, but the quieter exhaust tone sure is nice.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Blacklightning, I run a RLS catdelete, with Original exhaust, and it's not much louder as stock, just a more deeper rumble, imho it makes the bike run smoother also.
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

I have the stage II tune on my spyder and wondering if anyone has added a pedal box as well. My throttle is pretty snappy, but I'm wondering if there is more to be had or is the Monster tune giving us linear throttle as it is. I notice it's fairly aggressive off the line and tapers slightly and gets. It's in no way slow compared to stock, but wondering if the PB is worth adding..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I have the stage II tune on my spyder and wondering if anyone has added a pedal box as well. My throttle is pretty snappy, but I'm wondering if there is more to be had or is the Monster tune giving us linear throttle as it is. I notice it's fairly aggressive off the line and tapers slightly and gets. It's in no way slow compared to stock, but wondering if the PB is worth adding..
    I don't think so. Right now you're pretty darn quick. Quicker than most anyway.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post

Just an aside, for those ‘20+ owners who aren’t aware……you do not have to wait for the safety warning to come up before you press the mode button. Turn on your key, press the mode button, start.

Pete

My 2018 is like that
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I dunno about the ECU Upgrades you lot are getting over there, but when I got my upgrade here in Oz, the tuner did all that I wanted as far as 'Pedalbox' type enhancement stuff is applicable to; so as far as I'm concerned, I've got it all, just as good if not better than running an extra plug in PedalBox module, except that I can't turn it off.... but why would I want to?? . With my Upgraded ECU, I get all the enhanced performance capabilities AND the throttle response benefits that I wanted, and if/when I can resist the temptation of wringing it out all the time & experiencing the pure joy that brings, I even get significantly better fuel economy at 'normal cruise' or 'in-town riding' than I ever got before!

So I'd really question why you think it'd be of any benefit to add a PedalBox too.... or aren't the ECU Upgrades you get over there as comprehensive as the one I had done here in Oz?? . I know there are people here in Oz who have 'somewhat less' of an Upgrade than what I got, maybe yours are similar - & you don't get it unless you ask for it?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    CFFBB812-CCF9-434C-9441-963C9F3ACB03.jpg

I purchased and installed the Stage 1 ECU enhancement firmware using the MyGenius tool.
    After a roadtest, I am impressed with the results, no start up safety review warning anymore, drive ability has improved, hesitation on accel is gone, off idle acceleration scared me at first….more responsive…...engine runs smoother”….doesn’t feel like it’s fighting retarded spark timing.. All n all…….It was worth the $$$. Intimidating at first to be using the electronic gadgetry, but, this old fart figured it out.
    I wanted to still be able to use regular octane in emergency situations, stage 1 is fine for me.
    www.monsterfuelinjection.com
    Update of fuel mileage: 6/3/2022. My fuel mileage pulling a trailer at 65mph is 33mpg.
    Is the My Genius tool something that gets the ECU to stage 1 without having to pull the ECU and send it off for re-programming? Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think so, but I'd call them and confirm. Their online info leaves me with some questions about the tuner. It appears, to me, that the tuner may come with multiple upgrades you may have to pay extra for. Not really sure, but it would pay to ask.

Spyder Garage

Correct!
    You program it thru your PC, then configures ECU via the port in the Frunk.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

I contacted Monster about the MyGenius and was informed that it will not work on my 2014 RTL.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

I have had two stage 1 tunes and the Pedal Commander made a noticeable improvement in response. I am now ordering a stage 2 and will keep the Pedal Commander.