Spyder Garage

Default Cardo Packtalk Bold - Advice on 2020+ RTL and bluetooth connections?

Just purchased a Cardo Packtalk Bold unit and my plan is/was to pair it to my iPhone only and not the Spyder. My thinking is for GPS I always use various gps apps on my phone, I no longer use a stand alone GPS. And for radio I'll typically use phone apps as well (XM, iHeart, iTune, Pandora) when cell service is available. When without cell service I have lots of music downloaded to the music app. Based on my anticipated way of using the com system, is there any reason or benefit to connect my helmet by bluetooth to the Spyder?

Also FYI, in case it matters, I download a map for whatever state(s) I'm riding in so I do not require cell service for the GPS to function. And I do not use BRP Connect or Go.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

if connected to trike via bluetooth, notifications appear on the bike screen. Other then that, there is no reason but mine is connected to the trike. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Spyder Garage

The only advantage i have seen is you can switch the radio or music being played on the spyders system from the speakers to your internal headset speakers. It does also put your phonebook and let you dial from the spyder joystick, which i dont think it will do unless your cardo is connected. Have you tried the BRP app and using the navigation on the spyder screen? Thats about the only thing i have been able to get to work on the whole BRP Go. The Cardo app that you can download i have never been able to even get to load on the BRP screen.
    Tony From Los Angeles

Current
    2015 Spyder RT
    2012 Yamaha FZ6R
    Previous
    2008 Premier GS #588
    2005 Suzuki C50
    2007 Susuki S40

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    The only advantage i have seen is you can switch the radio or music being played on the spyders system from the speakers to your internal headset speakers. It does also put your phonebook and let you dial from the spyder joystick, which i dont think it will do unless your cardo is connected. Have you tried the BRP app and using the navigation on the spyder screen? Thats about the only thing i have been able to get to work on the whole BRP Go. The Cardo app that you can download i have never been able to even get to load on the BRP screen.
    Thanks for the info; however, I just got back from a four day trip on the Spyder and I never wished that my helmet coms connected to the Spyder at anytime during the trip. I tried BRP Connect when I first got the bike and gave up on it and based on what I’ve read I haven’t been inclined to try BRP Go up to this point. Pairing my phone to the helmet let’s me hear anything I can hear on my phone, gps instructions, radio, phone calls, downloaded music etc. I’ve now even unpaired my phone from the bike. I’m satisfied with the setup as is now.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

I've tried BRP connect several times and finally gave up. Like you, I am using my phone for GPS & Music and it works.