Spyder Garage

Default What are the major differences- F3 vs F3-S?

I know this question has probably been asked but I could not find the answer on the forum. What is the major difference between the F3 vs F3-S? Looking online I see a difference of $4K on average between both for the same year. I have never owned a Can-Am Spyder so I'm wondering what I would be missing purchasing the F3. Is it worth upgrading to F3-S? Don't want to spend more money than I have to .

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

At least from my experience I sorta wished that I upgraded to the F3S Not so much for speed but for Suspension. I'm looking at Plunking down almost 2 grand if I want to upgrade the suspension on my current F3 so my wife and I can ride together and not worry about bottoming out.

And now that my wife is riding with me I am almost thinking an F3 limited will eventually be my next Spyder.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vimocam View Post
    I know this question has probably been asked but I could not find the answer on the forum. What is the major difference between the F3 vs F3-S? Looking online I see a difference of $4K on average between both for the same year. I have never owned a Can-Am Spyder so I'm wondering what I would be missing purchasing the F3. Is it worth upgrading to F3-S? Don't want to spend more money than I have to .
    The suspension (shocks) are upgraded; plus the tune is a lot snappier. The computer allows the engine to rev up faster. Plus a cool orange frame!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    The suspension (shocks) are upgraded; plus the tune is a lot snappier. The computer allows the engine to rev up faster. Plus a cool orange frame!
    Please provide a source for the “snappier tune”. I would love to read about that.
    2015 F3 (wife's)
    2014 Indian Vintage
    2019 AMG C43 cabrio
    1966 LS1 Corvette restomod
    1956 Corvette survivor (wife's)
    1941 Chevy hotrod truck
    2023 Corvette Z06

Spyder Garage

I had a base 2020 F3, I added cruise, better rear shock and many other upgrades. F3S has cruise, better suspension and rear seat for passenger instead of a cowl!
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by petegtsv10 View Post
    Please provide a source for the “snappier tune”. I would love to read about that.
    The "tune" is 10hp more and it revs at 500rpm more than the base F3. At least that was the case on the 21 version. Plus the F3s had a different rear sprocket.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Frame is not always orange, I have a 2019 Spyder F3S, and its frame is greyish/black, the differences are as stated above, better suspension, 10 more hp, and believe me, that's quite noticeable, rear sprocket, bit faster of the line, and a seat for the passenger.
    The 4k more, is not so much, if you consider, that the upgrades done on the s-version, are things that you would upgrade on your machine (for sure). I made many alterations on mine, other exhaust (oe with cat delete), other shocks, and a fairly complicated tune for the engine, But hey it's your money, spend it wisely. For me no regrets buying an F3s...
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

If I did it all over again, I would have gotten the base F3 for the 79t rear pulley. For performance, I already added a PV3-custom map and Pedal Commander. For suspension, I already upgraded the shocks and sway bar. For $250 and a couple hours of time, I could have added the cruise control hardware. The basic gauge would have been fine. I don't use sport mode very much, and the smaller rear pulley would have been nice for my long distance travels...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    If I did it all over again, I would have gotten the base F3 for the 79t rear pulley. For performance, I already added a PV3-custom map and Pedal Commander. For suspension, I already upgraded the shocks and sway bar. For $250 and a couple hours of time, I could have added the cruise control hardware. The basic gauge would have been fine. I don't use sport mode very much, and the smaller rear pulley would have been nice for my long distance travels...
    I did a cost comparison when I bought my base F3. At the time was $3k difference. I like the basic screen of the base F3, the shocks will eventually get tossed anyway for aftermarket so the only real items I would be getting for the $3k difference would be back seat ($299) and 10hp more. That $3k difference will get eaten up eventually as I added windshield, backseat, swaybar/end links, laser alignment, bottle and phone holder and Smoothspyder backrest.
    Last edited by Pirate; 04-08-2022 at 03:03 PM.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    I did a cost comparison when I bought my base F3. At the time was $3k difference. I like the basic screen of the base F3, the shocks will eventually get tossed anyway for aftermarket so the only real items I would be getting for the $3k difference would be back seat ($299) and 10hp more.
    Yes .. But with my Power Vision 3 and a custom made map, I gained that 10HP back plus more...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Yes .. But with my Power Vision 3 and a custom made map, I gained that 10HP back plus more...
    Exactly. Add that up too and that would be less than F3S.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for all the answers. It's exactly what I was looking for. I think I will hold out for the F3-S. Now I just need to find a used one at a good price.