Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I wrote it off as a learning experience. At the time I only had 15,000 miles of high speed trailing the 2-wheelers with 3.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 907Guy View Post
    55, But not really sure I was doing 70 because I don't really look down at the sponometer when I'm in the curves and in the zone.
    Pay more attention to the road, revs and gears.
    Yeah I admit I was driving a little sporty!
    Formerly riding motorcycles, I'm a newbie and still very careful in the corners. I'm becoming more confident every day, so I was just curious.
    2012 Blue Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " electronics " .... this would be the " VSS ", and what it would do ... it would Slow the bike down to a SAFE speed .... which would be to Prevent wobble .... IMHO I think the issue is " NEW driver " .... Spyders are not at all like mtc's. and they require a LIGHT touch. folks who "| guide " their spyders do much better than those that try to steer them ( at speed ) ...... Mike
    Our car has "yaw control". Growing up driving V8 pickups in a foot snow. The first time it kicked in it almost put me off the road.
    Not a fan. I can live with ABS, but the rest I can do without.

Spyder Garage

I was most likely traveling too fast for the existing road conditions- highway 26 from Portland to the cost, and the wobble probably lasted realistically four or five seconds it just felt like an eternity, time really slows down in a situation like that.
    Don't think there's anything wrong with the spyder, just an overly aggressive rider use to riding high performance sport Turing bikes- BMW K1600 & 1250 RT.
    I think the front-end is light and just can't handle abrupt uneven road surfaces at high speeds; doesn't have enough suspension travel.
    I have a tendency to push beyond what reasonable riders would, just to test the waters; now I know!
    Tucson to Seattle, 2500+ miles in 9 days, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce, Zion, Redwoods and up 101 around the Olympic Peninsula; I'm getting a feel for the bike.
    Next stop Alaska in May.
    Jay, Anchorage AK

2021 RT Limited, Asphalt Gray Matallic/Chrome

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sorry about resurrecting an old thread but seeing as it was here I didn't want to create a new one. I had this happen to me the other day on the way home from work and was in a hurry.

I was up on a narrow road that is used to service the cell and radio towers along the ridge of catoctin mountain so it is not taken care of that well with a very uneven surface at times

I have a new set of shocks so I was probably going a lot faster than I should of been as the ride is a lot smoother now so I didn't realize how much faster I was going for that area.

I was listening to some music and the next thing I know I have all 3 wheels in the air after launching from a hump in the road and come down and the handlebars just start violently going back and forth, I rolled off of the throttle didn't freak out with any brakes just trying to maintain a general direction on the road and let the VSS do its thing... luckily within a couple of hundred feet the wobbling stopped and was able to continue on normally after cleaning my pants out.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 907Guy View Post
    Truth be told, both tires were at 15psi cold this morning, at sea level because that's were I am. Two days ago when I checked them cold at 5500 ft they were 18psi. So maybe low pressure had something to do with what I experienced.

If I missed the post where you said your tires were car tires I'm sorry. On stock tires 15# is too low. They should be up around 28-30#. Check your label under the seat or your owner's manual

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    If I missed the post where you said your tires were car tires I'm sorry. On stock tires 15# is too low. They should be up around 28-30#. Check your label under the seat or your owner's manual
    Kenda tires .....REAR =28/30 psi .....FRONT tires = 15/20 ( according to folks here who use them ..... JMHO .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Kenda tires .....REAR =28/30 psi .....FRONT tires = 15/20 ( according to folks here who use them ..... JMHO .... Mike
    My dealer suggested I run my stock front Kendas at 15. I run them at 18.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    My dealer suggested I run my stock front Kendas at 15. I run them at 18.
    I run mine at 17 so we're close in our thinking. No problem and I like the "feel" of things much better.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-03-2023 at 08:11 AM. Reason: ' ;-)
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I wonder if the VSS was freaking out