Spyder Garage

Default 2019-2022 Limited RT differences?

From what I understand there were a bunch of changes that occurred mid year in 2020. What were those changes and how do I know if I have a 2020 with the changes or without? Plus, I could be totally wrong here, I have no solid evidence. Thanks team!

Spyder Garage

I have a 2020 RT-Ltd and hadn't heard about mid term changes or gotten any kind of recall. Differences between 19 and 20 are many.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-06-2022 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Caps
    2020RTL

Spyder Garage

Can you explain a few differences between 2019 and 2020?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg50 View Post
    Can you explain a few differences between 2019 and 2020?
    Most are obvious just comparing photo's. Seat design/placement. Handlebar design. Floorboard design. Panel design. Switch location and looks/operation Etc.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

The entire body was changed. 19 is the old style 20 is the new style. There is no way to not make the mistake. They look totally different.

The first picture below is a 2014-2019. The second is a 2020-2022. Look at the headlight. THe 14-19 have huge eyeballs. The 20-22 have squinty eyeballs. The old has a smile the new has a grin. They look nothing alike if you are referring to the RT so it’s easy to see the changes and identify the year and model. As said above, seat, floorboards, lights, width, plastic, storage, linq system, controls are all different.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wmoater; 04-07-2022 at 07:12 AM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

My 21 RTL came with a belt tensioner from the factory, my brother in laws 20 RTL did not. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    My 21 RTL came with a belt tensioner from the factory, my brother in laws 20 RTL did not. Chris
    from what I understand, that is the main difference that took place between the early 2020 and the later ones made in that year and 2021.
    But as others have said, the 2019 is totally different. I love the looks of the 2020 and up, but kinda afraid of all the electronics compared to my 2016 F3 Limited. I will make the leap one day, but for now, I am good.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I'm sorry i was mistaken. I thought the new model came out in 2019 so i guess i was talking about 2020-2022. I heard that there were some changes. One was they added a belt tensioner but I don't know when exactly? I believe mid 2020 and i would like to know what are the other differences?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg50 View Post
    I'm sorry i was mistaken. I thought the new model came out in 2019 so i guess i was talking about 2020-2022. I heard that there were some changes. One was they added a belt tensioner but I don't know when exactly? I believe mid 2020 and i would like to know what are the other differences?
    Iceberg, it is going to be nearly impossible to get exact info. The early model ‘21 RTs ( probably manufactured late 2020/early ‘21), did not have the tensioner. The later model ‘21 (manufactured only in ‘21) did have the tensioner. The exact dates of early vs late manufacturer is vague. The difference between the ‘20 and ‘21 were things like fixing a fitment issue with the saddlebag, providing a front white sprocket to reduce whine on the ‘20 and early ‘21, but obviously BRP are not going to release a list of “fixed faults”.
    Someone may know what to look for on your plate that shows early vs later manufacture of the ‘21 models, but it is not commonly known.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Do you have a pic of the tensioner or advice on what im looking for to see if I have it? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Slide your hand along the upper side of the belt. If it is there, you will feel it.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!