Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I got my 2018 out of storage, and yes it is 20.8. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

I was hoping for an update for the radio. It is a pile!!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2022 at 10:58 PM. Reason: ' 's
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Just got my Spyder back from dealer service, it’s a 2021 with software version 30.7 and when the tech connected it to BUDS 2 there was no update available for the cluster, nor were there any optional updates available. I was standing right there when he connected the bike to BUDS.
    Any thoughts? I would love to have the white background but appears mine is not capable.
    Thanks
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Treekiller View Post
    Just got my Spyder back from dealer service, it’s a 2021 with software version 30.7 and when the tech connected it to BUDS 2 there was no update available for the cluster, nor were there any optional updates available. I was standing right there when he connected the bike to BUDS.
    Any thoughts? I would love to have the white background but appears mine is not capable.
    Thanks
    It's entirely possible that the dealer was not using the latest version of BUDS which includes this firmware update. Or, perhaps you have an early production 2021 without the sensor to switch colors...
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Jetfixer, you are correct. Just went and looked at manufacturers stickers under rear seat and mine was actually built 05/2020, so I guess I will have to continue to struggle seeing the dash.
    Thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-14-2022 at 10:58 PM. Reason: ' 's
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala

Spyder Garage

I just got home from the dealer (not the one that I purchased from - that was iMotorsports). Supposed to have done the display update while doing the recall ECM flash. Still at 40.6 and still doesn't auto-switch. They had zero new Syders on the sales floor.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Should call them and ask why they did not do the cluster update as it was mandatory too.
    2021 Syder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Just checked. Yep still at 40.6 and checked the VIN plate - it was built in 2-21, so should be eligible for the 50.1 update. I'll call (which is not too easy with shops around here) tomorrow.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    I just got home from the dealer (not the one that I purchased from - that was iMotorsports). Supposed to have done the display update while doing the recall ECM flash. Still at 40.6 and still doesn't auto-switch. They had zero new Syders on the sales floor.
    Does your 21 have the day/night changing display? There are some 21s that do not have that feature if they were built before Sept 2020. Those after should all have that. That could be why yours does not have an update. You will even see a different parts list for models before and after September 2020. There are some minor differences in those 21s, but I feel this is the biggest. Found that out when I took mine into the dealer. He even called Can Am and they confirmed it.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Schreckftw View Post
    Does your 21 have the day/night changing display? There are some 21s that do not have that feature if they were built before Sept 2020. Those after should all have that. That could be why yours does not have an update. You will even see a different parts list for models before and after September 2020. There are some minor differences in those 21s, but I feel this is the biggest. Found that out when I took mine into the dealer. He even called Can Am and they confirmed it.
    2-21, so not before Sept 20. And Yes, it does have the options Lite, Dark, and Automatic. But Automatic doesn't work. It goes to Dark and stays there. Which is almost illegible in daylight.
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Took it back to the dealer today, and they did the update (why didn't they last time?) Works, now!

BTW, on the way home ran through a downpour. I cannot wait to change the rear tire to something decent! Spun badly every time I took off (no oil on the rosd - we've had rain every day for over a week) and put me in hazardous situations. Nanny never reacted (that I noticed).
    Last edited by pidjones; 07-29-2022 at 08:09 AM.
    1976 RD400c