Spyder Garage

Default Weird Codes C1290, B2A239-231-249-241 2022 RT Ltd

Since NEW, I have a weird thing happening. I get a VSS fault C1290 only after restarting warm, like after fill-ups.
    Dealer is waiting for BRP to reply after 2 months I also have faults B2A230, 231, 240, and 241. Dealer has never seen these posted and again BRP has no reply. All the faults including VSS are voltage related.

Recently my odometer total mileage is going backwards. I should have roughly 1600 miles, but at 1000 miles the total miles started going backwards. Now I have 571 miles...lol

I just replaced the battery after 3 months of ownership with an AGM 340 CCA today, and the starter cranks faster and smoother.

Maybe everything will self correct.

Any thoughts? The dealer has never seen this before. BRP has been useless.
    Thank you in advance!!
    Wes
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-03-2023 at 05:31 AM. Reason: aslo - also... ;-)
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon Black

Spyder Garage

That's sounds like a major computer glitch.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope you find the fix.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wes0228s View Post
    Since NEW, I have a weird thing happening. I get a VSS fault C1290 only after restarting warm, like after fill-ups.
    Dealer is waiting for BRP to reply after 2 months I also have faults B2A230, 231, 240, and 241. Dealer has never seen these posted and again BRP has no reply. All the faults including VSS are voltage related.

Recently my odometer total mileage is going backwards. I should have roughly 1600 miles, but at 1000 miles the total miles started going backwards. Now I have 571 miles...lol

I just replaced the battery after 3 months of ownership with an AGM 340 CCA today, and the starter cranks faster and smoother.

Maybe everything will self correct.

Any thoughts? The dealer has never seen this before. BRP has been useless.
    Thank you in advance!!
    Wes
    Sounds like the flux capacitor has malfunctioned. Did you happen to do 88mph in a thunderstorm?
    2021 Spyder RTL Red, 2024 Triumph Speed 400, blue

Spyder Garage

You'll get a new bike shortly, get out and ride!!! That is the strangest think I have ever heard.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

You are definitely the first person I have heard of who will have negative mileage on a vehicle
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Interesting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The battery corrected the c1290 code for erratic voltage readings and the B codes were corrected after a loose connection at the back of the cluster assembly was located.
    The dealer had a case going since this post and it took me writing to BRP on their website to finally get resolution to the Headlamp Codes... My Dealer is awesome. Moto United in LaHabra, CA.
    Doug and Brian are great support. BRP is slow to react and their tech support is a disgrace. I had to let them know what I found on a similar Sea Doo complaint and that is what actually fixed the problem.
    Their workshop manuals have errors and don't include any diagnostic codes, other than emissions related ones.

Has anyone had a complaint of yellowish LED low beam spectrum. LEDs should be white and at 6500K. All of the additional running light from the factory are white and the sales brochures state that all lighting is LED.
    When I compare mine to others on the showroom, they are definitely, yellowish in appearance.. I even ran into someone at a gas station and theirs was white LED cast.
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon Black