Spyder Garage

Default Outer edge wear on right tire only

I noticed this weekend that the right tire has a lot of wear on the outer edge only. The left tire is wearing normal.
    I do see there is no Castor or Camber adjustment on these machines. Dumb.

What would be causing the right side only, bad shock??

Stock tires, New tires ordered, Rear Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 225/50-15 And fronts, Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 175/55-15
    Stock Suspension, I have a full set of M2s on the way.
    I did have the dealer redo the alignment about a week after I bought it in 2019.

2018 F3 Limited, Purchased new March of 2019.
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I would say that it is time for a "laser" alignment.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I would say that it is time for a "laser" alignment.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    the " Toe-in " is off on that side. .... it won't ever get better, without an alignment ..... Lazer is best ..... PS - most dealers don't use / have the Lazer equipment .... check the list of independents and Dealers who can .... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If it is difficult to find a laser alignment near you at least you can check your toe in on your own and adjust it if it is way out.

Spyder Garage

QuadRAGIN, I just had mine checked at a dealer in Chandler, mine was fine and still had to pay the fee quoted, but peace of mind is worth a lot to me! Tech understands/was trained on the Rolo Lazer machine. I would check with them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-04-2022 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Rollo = Rolo ;-)
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Don60 View Post
    QuadRAGIN, I just had mine checked at a dealer in Chandler, mine was fine and still had to pay the fee quoted, but peace of mind is worth a lot to me! Tech understands/was trained on the Rolo Lazer machine. I would check with them.
    Ya it looks like most of the Ride Nows have the ROLO, Just not seeing how it would be off by like 1/4" in Camber just because the Toe is off. Ride Now Goodyear did the laser alignment the first time a week after I purchased it. I don't really trust Ride Now...

I'm looking into buying the alignment system and then everyone will have a west side shop that can do them if they don't want to pay an arm and a leg.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-04-2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display & removed superfluos CR's ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadRAGIN View Post
    Ya it looks like most of the Ride Nows have the ROLO, Just not seeing how it would be off by like 1/4" in Camber just because the Toe is off. Ride Now Goodyear did the laser alignment the first time a week after I purchased it. I don't really trust Ride Now...

I'm looking into buying the alignment system and then everyone will have a west side shop that can do them if they don't want to pay an arm and a leg.
    Do you have adjustable pre-load on the front shocks?

Wind them (or that one... ) up to much and you'll be increasing the camber AND varying the Toe In/Out as the suspension's ride height increases!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

That sounds good, good luck with your new adventure! Learning to use the alignment tools will help many in your area.
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Do you have adjustable pre-load on the front shocks?

Wind them (or that one... ) up to much and you'll be increasing the camber AND varying the Toe In/Out as the suspension's ride height increases!
    It’s the factory shocks and they do have adjustable preload on the springs I’ll run the adjuster up a bit and see what happens
    Thanks for the tip

Spyder Garage

If have a " 1/4 " off for the Camber .... The Spyders front suspension has a FIXED camber in it's design. If it's OFF then something is damaged.... As others have said " Manual Adjusters " will change the Camber however not by much ...... your tire wear is an " alignment issue ".....good luck .... JMHO .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-05-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If have a " 1/4 " off for the Camber .... The Spyders front suspension has a FIXED camber in it's design. If it's OFF then something is damaged.... As others have said " Manual Adjusters " will change the Camber however not by much ...... your tire wear is an " alignment issue ".....good luck .... JMHO .... Mike
    I have not found anywhere that say manual adjusters, Im going to jack her up and check everything over for damage or being loose
    2018 F3L Cat Delete, Two Bros Pipe, Doc Humphreys Belt Tensioner and Pedal Extender, 17" Freedom Windshield, Spyder Extras Sway Bar & End Links

Spyder Garage

I have not found anywhere that say manual adjusters, Im going to jack her up and check everything over for damage or being loose
    Read posts #8 and #10 ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check the upper and lower ball joints for excessive wear
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Jacked up the front end, everything is tight.
    Using a large framing square I did notice the Camber changes alot just in turning the tires back and forth. Look like Cam-Am uses the same crappy front end geometry on Spyders that they use on their side by sides. I guess its a good thing these tires are like $300 a piece.. FYI Still no word back from the makers of the ROLO System. May be forced to have Dealer do the alignment
    2018 F3L Cat Delete, Two Bros Pipe, Doc Humphreys Belt Tensioner and Pedal Extender, 17" Freedom Windshield, Spyder Extras Sway Bar & End Links