Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default What's everyone wearing for riding jackets

1+ on the aerostich and first gear. Have some of each for wife and I. Warm and safe heated gear. Life is good

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by utahpete View Post
    whatever is comfortable and weather-appropriate.
    Ditto!

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I bought an Aerostich Roadcrafter, 2-piece suit in High Vis 11-12 years ago. I was fitted in their shop in Duluth, MN and the suit fit perfectly when it arrived. Also bought a couple of pair of their Elkskin Roper Gloves while their and am still wearing them as well. The suit is bug splattered, from many years of riding the Ducatis, but still in great shape. Same for those gloves. I have never had a more comfortable glove than those elkskin ropers. This gear will likely outlast me. If you get the chance, go to the Aerostich shop in Duluth and get fitted for their gear. They do a great job and it will likely fit well when delivered.

Last year a bought a new RTL and really enjoy the ride. The biggest drawback is that the wind protection is so good in the hot and humid Kansas summers that I can't open up the Roadcrafter jacket enough for good cooling. Note I didn't have that issue with the bikes or with the 2009 RS/GS...

As luck would have it, one of the members here was selling a Motoport two piece Kevlar Mesh suit in high viz. The Motoport is made-to-fit in California and is also another top shelf suit. After some back and forth emails and measurements, I pulled the trigger on the suit and couldn't be happier. The fit was perfect and the Kevlar mesh breathes much better than the Roadcrafter on hot days. The quality and protection is as least as good as the Roadcrafter.

So now I wear the Roadcrafter when it is cooler and the Motoport Kevlar when warm or hot and am happy to own two top shelf riding suits. This gear, taken care of, well serve you well for years and years and you will be confident that you have chosen well for rider protection and comfort.

Good luck with your choices and always wear helmet, gloves, and a riding suit. They may seem expensive...but the consequences could be grim.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jay13433 View Post
    What's everyone wearing for riding jackets? I have a leather jacket and mesh can am jacket
    I am wear a Can Am jacket with removable liner.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Hot weather- Dainese mesh jacket with back and elbow armor
    Cold weather- Dainese Speedmaster D-dry with back and elbow armor
    Warm weather Dainese Mike 3 leather jacket with back and elbow armor

I'm not a Dainese fanboi, it's just I like the fit on me.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

All year round - 3 Season old FieldSheer touring jacket with removable liner

Hot Summer - XElement Mesh
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

First Gear mesh. The liner is useless so I never use it. For cool days I wear a windbreaker over it and for cold days I add a light jacket under. And if I'm stuck riding on a really cold day I wear a medium weight jacket under the mesh jacket. The windbreaker over the First Gear is the best way to keep warm. It creates an insulating layer of air between it and your skin. The built-in liner lets cold air flow right thru the mesh and pin a cold piece of fabric against your skin.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have several cold weather jackets depending on how cold it is. But for really hot weather, my Klim induction mesh jacket is the best I have ever owned. Plenty of protection yet it allows maximum airflow.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I have 4 riding jackets. I don't recall the manufacturers on the 2 I use most. I wear a leather retro police jacket when it is cold here in Tucson, several days this past winter is was 36 degrees when I would ride to work. I will add a pair of chaps for long rides or in cold weather. For the hot weather I wear a mesh High viz jacket. In between I wear a high viz textile. I have replaced the armor in the textile jackets a couple times since they were new. Lastly I have a tourmaster I keep as a spare and use as a winter coat when I go back to south dakota in the winter.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Sedici mesh with liner.
    2021 RT Limited in Marsala Red & chrome (9/20)
    2006 Yamaha Royal Star Venture - Black Cherry
    2003 Suzuki Volusia - Black w/ Gold
    1973 Honda CL350 - Hawaiian Blue

2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Spyder Garage

https://www.foxcreekleather.com
    Recently bought one of these, very good quality. Made in USA (VA). The leather feels good and fits also.
    2021 RT Limited Dark - Asphalt
    2021 RTL , Asphalt

Spyder Garage

Totally depends on the weather....opinions on gear are like buttholes...everyone's got one. Do what feels best for YOU. Me, I feel that it is just as important to be comfortable and alert at all times, without ANY distraction form gear, whether it's too hot, too cold, too big or too small, in style, or retro...If you're not alert, bad things will happen. Weather dictates what I wear, but that's just me.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I have several cold weather jackets depending on how cold it is. But for really hot weather, my Klim induction mesh jacket is the best I have ever owned. Plenty of protection yet it allows maximum airflow.

I agree. Best jacket on the market! Wear that jacket and a Klim jersey and at 100 degrees it’s still total airflow. My dad, mom, wife and I wear them. In Arizona in middle of summer soak the jersey and put induction over and you can run all day. Ladies need to wear sport bra or you see everything.
    Last edited by Wmoater; 04-08-2022 at 06:03 PM.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”