Spyder Garage

Default 2020+ Front Lower LED Light comparison

Anyone out there have any experience or knowledge regarding the OEM lower front LED light in comparison with the LED light bar that Slingmods sells?

I know that the OEM light comes on when the bike is running and the Slingmods one has a switch to turn it on and off.

How bright is the OEM light in comparison to the OEM?

What type of light does the OEM light project in comparison to the Slingmods light, i.e. fog or driving light

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Following with interest!
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

I have the OEM Light on my 21 RTL. It's bright enough to be seen by oncoming cars (makes you easier to be seen) but I don't believe it "projects" enough to make it easier to see at night.
    2021 RT Limited Asphalt Gray
    Halo Skid
    Driver's backrest
    2" riser w/ F3 standard handlebars
    F4 vented 25" windshield

Spyder Garage

I also have the OEM light on my 21 and agree that its more for visibility than projecting light down the road. I will say its the easiest modification I've ever done. Remove the screws and the cover, install the light and the screws. No wires, no splicing, just plug and play.

Spyder Garage

Sling mods light definitely shines light down the road. I chose that one 50% because of the light and 50% because it comes with a switch that eliminates the blank plate. I’m happy with the light and would choose it again

2021 Sea to Sky
    2020 600 , gloss black

Spyder Garage

In this part of the country deer and elk are the biggest safety concern when riding at night. I'd like a light pattern that puts significant light on the shoulders of the road. My car and truck fog lights do a good job illuminating the sides of the road. Is there a chin light that accomplishes that? Not a hi-jack attempt, just trying to focus on your beam pattern question.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the reply's. I sort of figured the Slingmods was brighter based on pictures and the video on Slingmods website. There really isn't anything out there as far as pictures go of the OEM light. Sounds like the Slingmods for me, and it's $100 less in price too.

Spyder Garage

I bought a 5 inch LED bar from ebay and installed it in the chin space using the oem wires behind the chin. Total cost was $12 for 2 bars (spare if needed). The light comes on with my upper DRLs using the spare switch knock-out. See my avatar for the look.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I have the Slingmods LED light bar. It is way plenty bright, even in the bright sunlight. At night you may have cars flashing high beams at you if you turn it on.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

so if you used the factory wiring which comes on with the DRL's what did you need a switch for in the spare switch knock out?

Spyder Garage

Is it fairly bright as compared to some of the LED light bars out there? I am asking because I live off the beaten path back winding roads with a lot of animals of all sizes out after dark and early in the morning so lighting up the road is what I am looking for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Just what I was looking for. I'll be purchasing this immediately. More lights the better.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    What's the difference between this one and the oem light? Just bought a Spyder RT Limited, picking it up on 6/27 or 6/28.
    2022 RT Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lilwes View Post
    What's the difference between this one and the oem light? Just bought a Spyder RT Limited, picking it up on 6/27 or 6/28.
    I'm not sure since I don't have the OEM light. I bought the less expensive one from lamonstergarage. I've yet to see it at night since I'm usually in bed by the time it gets dark. The slingmods light is probably a lot brighter but I didn't like the idea of having to manually turn it on and off.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

The slingmods is insane bright. If you rotate it up too high the oncoming cars will definitely flash their lights at you . Here is a good video on it https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...-kit?vehicle=1

Spyder Garage

I installed the oem light and really like it. Plenty bright for me.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

I have the Slingmods light (on a switch) and a pair of Denali D3s with their Dual Dim controller which gives me dimming capability and the ability to run them at 50% during the day, at 100% with my high beams and they will strobe at 100% with my horn. They are very bright. The D3s are a combo fog/driving light where the Slingmods light are wider and shorter in their pattern. I am very happy with both.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black