Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like low battery.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

or bad battery connections
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a dirty connection at the battery terminals or a discharged battery
    Fenton Michigan
    2015 Spyder RT-S SE6
    2021 Aluma 6810H Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I concur -- start with the batterry

As Turbine stated the Big Bike power is connected directly to the battery with two ring terminals. And with a 2015 RT the battery should have been replaced at least once. Arizona is usually a friendly climate for vehicle electronics but checking, cleaning and tightening terminals is a good start. And all the symptoms with the trailer disconnected really point to a battery problem.

WRT service manual Search is your friend. You will be buying an electronic version because you can't afford a paper version (they're several $100s but I have a 2014 if you want to waste your money).
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BertRemington View Post
    As Turbine stated the Big Bike power is connected directly to the battery with two ring terminals. And with a 2015 RT the battery should have been replaced at least once. Arizona is usually a friendly climate for vehicle electronics but checking, cleaning and tightening terminals is a good start. And all the symptoms with the trailer disconnected really point to a battery problem.

WRT service manual Search is your friend. You will be buying an electronic version because you can't afford a paper version (they're several $100s but I have a 2014 if you want to waste your money).
    OK, more input. The R3 relay (main accessories and engine), left side of the Frunk, often chatters when the key is turned to the ON position.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery terminals. Then, when the key was "first" turned to the ON position, all panel lights lit up and gauges worked. The horn also worked.
    Then, when I pushed the start button, everything went dead (all lights and gauges off).
    I then turned the key OFF, waited a bit, and turned it back ON. Nothing! Dead! S**T!
    All this time I had a Battery Tender connected to the battery, showing a charging voltage of 13+.
    I disconnected the Battery Tender, battery voltage initially remained at 13+.
    I then turn the key to the ON position; same issue, no lights or gauges.
    I then checked the battery voltage (with the Tender still disconnected), and it show only 10.3 VDC. Hmm?

As suggested above, maybe it is a battery issue.
    Maybe the temporary shorted wires in the trailer damaged one of more cells in the battery?
    Thanks to those who suggested the battery!

Guess I will get a new battery and see if that solves the issue.
    I will repost when the new battery is in.

PS: Who is a good source for Spyder batteries?

Thanks again to everyone who commented, much appreciated.
    This is a great site.

Spyder Garage

There is a bunch of fuses and the battery in the front trunk.
    Its under the insert.

20220320_160748.jpg

4 push pins to remove on my F 3.
    I would check the battery terminals.
    Thats remove. Clean and ensure they are bright, not forgetting to do the same with battery terminals.
    Then refit.
    Just nipped up and not rocket arm torque.

rockert arm .jpg

Then fit to a battery maintainer to fully charge the battery.

There is also a bunch of fuses under the covers above the battery.
    Take your time.
    Inspect carefully.
    Visually and you could pick a cheap multi-meter and work through them.

Spyder Garage

Since you have never posted a battery voltage I would first check that. Sounds low or poor connection at some point.

I see now that you did. Thought I had read them all but didn't make it to page 2. I think when you solve your low voltage problem you will have fixed the rest. Good luck.
    Last edited by EdMat; 04-05-2022 at 12:00 PM. Reason: additional info
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ed he did 10.3 please read the post

Spyder Garage

The spyders are notoriously hungry for electrical power, when you switch the ignition on, several systems kick in, they stay alive for just 30 minutes after you shut ignition off, so if you repeat this several times, without starting and running the bike, for atleast half an hour, your battery is drained, tender does not substitute, for loss of power, merely tops up, and that at a slow rate,
    You might try your car battery, hook up with good cables, no need for the car to run, I think that would solve the problem, when making new connection, use starwashers on the battery.

When I read this thread, I don't think it's a fuse, but battery related...
    Last edited by Piratezz; 04-06-2022 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typoo fixed
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
    The spyders are notoriously hungry for electrical power, when you switch the ignition on, several systems kick in, they stay alive for just 30 minutes after you shut ignition off, so if you repeat this several times, without starting and running the bike, for atleast half an hour, your battery is drained, tender does not substitute, for loss of power, merely tops up, and that at a slow rate,
    You might try your car battery, hook up with good cables, no need for the car to run, I think that would solve the problem, when making new connection, use starwashers on the battery.

When I read this thread, I don't think it's a fuse, but battery related...
    You are right about the battery being the possible culprit. Other folks suggested this also.
    After more battery checks, it was determined the battery was not holding a 12+ VDC charge, dropping to 10+ after the battery tender was disconnected. Apparently 10+ VDC is not sufficient to turn the electrical system on, and to start the Spyder.
    Hind sight being what it is, I should have done a load check on the battery sooner.

Maybe the temporary trailer short damaged one of more of the battery cells?
    It is the original battery, thus its eventual failure may have just happened at this time.
    I have ordered a new battery.

Thanks to all for your input.
    Much appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
    they stay alive for just 30 minutes after you shut ignition off
    30 SECONDS. Should not be enough to cause the battery to drain unless it's already toast.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by turbineman View Post
    I disconnected and reconnected the battery terminals. Then, when the key was "first" turned to the ON position, all panel lights lit up and gauges worked. The horn also worked.
    Then, when I pushed the start button, everything went dead (all lights and gauges off).
    That is the #1 key indicator the battery is shot. When the voltage drops below 10.5 the system shuts down, totally. The heavy draw from the starter will easily drag a shot battery down below 10.5 when you hit the start button.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If utterly dead, I did see this happen before. Locate the two fuse boxes in the front trunk - if you have the insert unzip it. Pop off both caps. I forget which side has it, but there is a large 60Amp fuse in the charging circuit that blew on a friends bike when they shorted an LED strip to ground. At least at this point the battery is right there under the fuses (two screws) to clip a test light to (the ground) and test both sides of the fuses with the key on (one side always 12V, if the other side is NOT 12V pull fuse and check it. If I did it right here is a link my F3 shop manual so you can look at which fuse(s) say control the dash power, etc.:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-80...ew?usp=sharing