Spyder Garage

Default Profile Signature and Picture

Howdy all,

I'm not the most tech savvy guy in the world and I have a couple questions:

After many tries and searches on the forum (hours worth!) I did manage to put up states and provinces visited maps. However, as you can see the U.S. map is a good size but the Canadian map is comparatively miniscule. Is there a way to get them to be more equal in size?

I also finally figured out how to upload a profile picture. I have manipulated the photo on my phone and computer and on both devices the pic is upright. Unfortunately, it is turned 90 degrees from what it should be when it gets uploaded to my profile. I verified that the pictures is within the size limits (it is about 45 kb and is under 300 pixels). Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

On a positive note, on Monday it is supposed to be warm enough here in Edmonton for me to take out a 2022 RT Limited dealer demo unit. It won't be more than 20 minutes but a real friendly F3 rider who lives nearby reached out and offered his bike for a longer ride.

Thanks all!
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic

Spyder Garage

I've moved your thread into the Forum Support & Testing section Seagull, cos it's not really General Spyder Discussion, is it?!

I'm not sure I can help re the map of Canada, but for what little it's worth, I'll have a look. In the meantime, you might want to PM AnthonyG, the Admin here, about that one; or maybe send him a msg via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page?

Re the pics appearing sideways, that's usually because of where the camera/phone you used puts the image's 'Anchor Point' - most phones/tablets default to the Top Right Corner in Portrait Mode, but the vBulletin Forum Software we use here defaults it to the Top Left Corner in Landscape Mode, so when you load your pics they end up sideways or maybe even upside down.... Here's a quote of a post I put up in another thread on this problem that might help you:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Open in photo-shop or similar, rotate from how they appear in your post above to desired orientation, then save with a new file name - load the new files (preferably thru 'Manage Attachments' ) & submit/save. Pics rotated & displaying in the correct orientation - if you got the direction of turn right!!

OR, work out what corner of the pic your camera or phone uses as the anchor point, then rotate your camera/phone so that the anchor point corner is on the TOP LEFT. For most Smartphones, that'll be rotating it from the upright/Portrait position into Landscape mode by twisting it 90° COUNTER-CLOCKWISE - ie, drop the top to your LEFT as you are looking at the portrait camera. Doing that'll bring the pic's anchor point into the top left corner for most, & all other things (like size & shape) being OK, wiĺl enable the correct display orientation of your uploaded pics here!

And here's a link to the 'How To: Photo orientation issue' Sticky in the Spyder General Discussion section, and my post that goes a little further into this than the quote above:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ic#post1614136

Not sure if that's the entirety of your pic orientation problem, but have a read & give that a try, then tell me how you go?!

Glad you'll get a chance of a longer ryde - enjoy!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-01-2022 at 03:04 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Many thanks Peter. I'm still finding my way around the forum but with the help of folks like you I'll get there soon (I hope!!).
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome to the Spyder Forum community

...Most of us are ready to help you with your questions. Post Up some comments and questions and enjoy some fun time. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue