Spyder Garage

Default What's up with the New 2022 RTL trailer hitch and module - no part #?

Discovered that the new 2022 RTL does not have any BRP trailer hitch with module part number available yet.
    Does anyone know why or what is going on with ordering this new 2022 RTL trailer hitch and why it is not available? Thanks.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

It is probably the same as the 2020 & 2021 RTL's but I can't confirm this. I'm guessing that it's just not listed/updated yet.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree w/ K80, but if your in a hurry, go to a BRP parts catalog (on one of many websites) and compare the part numbers on the rear contol arm.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdave View Post
    I agree w/ K80, but if your in a hurry, go to a BRP parts catalog (on one of many websites) and compare the part numbers on the rear contol arm.
    Did that already through CanAm dealer with everyone in the supply chain being stumped on what has changed for the 2022 RTL hitch kit. It is not available or listed so my question is did BRP change the rear mounting or the module for this year?
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

What makes you think this one will not work? Just wondering if someone has told you that it wouldn't fit.

It clearly states; Detailed Fits on Spyder RT 2020 and up

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...ol-module.html

Spyder Garage

Now if you're asking if the older (pre 2020) wire harness and lcm are the same then no, they are not. In 2020 the wire harness was changed along with the lcm.

Spyder Garage

The module only part number is 710006905, and the harness for the module is 710006904.

I just ordered both parts for my 2022 S2S
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Reviving this older post as I have a somewhat urgent and definitive need about the applicable trailer hitch and wiring for my 2020 RTL. K80Shooter, the info at your link does not say the hitch fits Spyder RT 2020 and up. Rather, it states, and this a quote from the BRP website "Detailed Fits on Spyder RT 2020 and 2021 only." This is what is stated if you go to the general Can Am Spyder/Ryker site and go directly to accessories. If you go to the Spyder portion of the site, then build your own, accessories, trailers, there is only one trailer to choose. When you choose it you get the message "The item Trailer Hitch Kit and Control Module you are trying to select enters into conflict with the way your build is currently configured. This message appears on all 2022 Spyder models.

Campermac, I searched several websites, both can am and aftermarket, but the part numbers you provided didn't show anything. From where did you order?

Any help would be appreciated.
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic

Spyder Garage

I am still waiting for a 2022 RT Limited that I orderded back in March. The Spyder came in with several components missing and no ETA on the missing parts. I was also told that there is a recall of some sort on trailer hitches and towing on the 2022 and I ordered one and it is not available either.
    2022 Spyder RT Limited , Deep Marsala / Chrome

Spyder Garage

I beleave it may have something to do with reports that the 2022 RT's are coming with a different rear axle and the long bolt that slides though to hold the hitch on will not fit. If this is the case than an axle from an earlier year would need to be used.
    As for the wire harness we just used the one from our 2018 F3L and the hitch from our 2014 RT on our 2021 sea to sky. Works great, but the wire harness has to be 2018 or later to work.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I just got my 2022 Spyder RT Ltd home purchased in May. I traded in a 2018 F3 Ltd and I had a Big Bike Parts hitch on it - Part # 41-164. Wasn't sure if it would fit, but it does - as long as the rear shaft has a hole completely through it. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2022 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Caps

Spyder Garage

Via email I queried my dealer as to the need for a different trailer hitch for the 2022 RTLs. His email response was that the entire 2022 hitch is the same as the 2020 & 2021, that there are no install issues and that he had one set aside for me. When I went to pick up my RTL I asked why the hitch was not installed. His first response was that I didn't ask for one. I told him I had the email telling him I wanted one and his response indicating he had one. He quickly changed his tune and told me the hitch for 2022 needed a different shaft and that it was back ordered. I'm going tomorrow to get to the bottom of this BS.
    2022 RT Deep Marsala Metallic

Spyder Garage

The inside diameter on the rear axle on my 22 is smaller and the hitch bolt does not fit. My dealer spoke with BRP and was told an axle from '20/'21 would need to be installed. On order…

The Wiring harness for '20/'21 does work.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2022 at 05:32 AM. Reason: axel - axle ;-)
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The inside diameter on the rear axle on my 22 is smaller and the hitch bolt does not fit. My dealer spoke with BRP and was told an axle from '20/'21 would need to be installed. On order…

The Wiring harness for '20/'21 does work.
    Is BRP paying for the axle and the install?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2022 at 06:49 PM. Reason: axel, a jump in skating - axle, a pin or shaft that a wheel rotates on... ;-)
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DriftersWay View Post
    Is BRP paying for the axle and the install?
    No. It is my choice to put on a trailer hitch, not something that is required by BRP.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2022 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    --
    Bob L.
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Finally, new axle in so I can install my hitch on my 2022! Just about 2 months to ship.
    --
    Bob L.
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Awaiting my new axle shaft as well. Previous was too large, so dealer is shipping one to me.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White