Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Buying my first Spyder RT Ltd - where to buy?

I am planning to get a Spyder RT limited 2021, but I was reading that because the Spyder has be assembled at the dealership, it is a big deal choosing the dealership where you will buy it. I am located around Portland, OR and Boise, ID, so I have to get it around one of those areas. Does anyone have any tips on this? It’s making me hesitant to actually buy it.
    I appreciate your help.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Being from Oz, I can't really help much with dealers in your part of the world Rydaho, but there is the almost new Spyder above; and without checking on locations, here's another really nice machine for a somewhat less than new price...

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...list-of-extras

Or maybe you'd consider an F3...

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...3-limited-Dark

So unless you're absolutely set on buying new, there are other 2021 Spyders in the For Sale by Owner section of the Forum, including some that are relatively low milage, have a bunch of potentially attractive mods & farkles, and they've already had any 'dealer assembled &/or installed' bugs (if any!) ironed out.... There are some really good value buys in there, possibly some cheap enough to pay for a flight down to buy & then a leisurely ryde back home too, so they're potentially well worth a look!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-29-2022 at 03:22 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Finding a 2021 RT Limited might be a bit of a challenge.

If you're set on that year model it will be more of a "Who has one" instead of where I should buy one.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am not sure they have anything in stock, but if I was buying new, I would check out Imotorsports. They are a sponsor, and I personally got a great deal from them.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

+1 for I Motorsport’s I’ve been working with Orlando Rios there. Great experience so far with everything.
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rydaho View Post
    I am planning to get a Spyder RT limited 2021, but I was reading that because the Spyder has be assembled at the dealership, it is a big deal choosing the dealership where you will buy it. I am located around Portland, OR and Boise, ID, so I have to get it around one of those areas. Does anyone have any tips on this? It’s making me hesitant to actually buy it.
    I appreciate your help.
    Wherever you buy and whatever you buy new, I wouldn't hesitate on concerns that Spyders are "assembled" at the dealership. Assembly from the crate isn't rocket science and it's extremely rare to hear stories that someone had an issue with their brand new Spyder because the dealer did something wrong in taking it out of the crate. Really, the long-term concerns in picking your dealer is deciding whether they are reliable in the long-run and can provide long-term care of your vehicle at a reasonable price.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

The OP was wanting a Rt Limited
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Finding a 2021 RT Limited might be a bit of a challenge.

If you're set on that year model it will be more of a "Who has one" instead of where I should buy one.
    and also recommend checking " IMotorsports " .... they ship Spyders for free .... they also have one of the least expensive BRP warranties ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

One thing to keep in mind is that thousands of Spyders have been assembled with no issues, but the one that has issues is the one you will read about.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Navydad View Post
    One thing to keep in mind is that thousands of Spyders have been assembled with no issues, but the one that has issues is the one you will read about.
    …..and in reality, you could replace the word “Spyder” with the word “vehicle” in your sentence above, Navydad

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

U Motorsports in Fargo ND has 2021 RT Limited in stock.
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

If your looking for a Spyder around Portland Oregon, go across the river to Vancover WA to Procaliber powersports an see them. Dont think they have any Spyder's there now, waiting for new ones.. There's a place by Spokane Wa that sells spyders too. Mount Vernon WA Lifestyles Honda usally has plenty of Spyders. Little out of your way though.

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had good luck with these guys in CA:
    https://www.egpowersports.com/Invent...ory?smid=39235
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

In my case, and for some others, make sure the linkage from the swing arm to the ride height sensor is properly connected on the RT Limited (or Sea to Sky). Mine wasn't and it led to a whole heap of issues eventually being uncovered that took a few months and repeated attempts to repair. It threw C210A codes from the rear suspension, which started with a disconnected linkage, which when connected, led to numerous air leaks being discovered, ride height sensor issue, valve leak problems and eventually a new compressor. I'm not saying the problems were related to the linkage not being connected, but if it was connected then the problems would have probably shown up in the PDI test ride. Now it is all fixed, the problems all seem to have been cured and all is well with the world. Just take a look underneath the bike before accepting it to ensure the linkage is connected properly. It seems to be an item that is sometimes overlooked, being only present on vehicles with the self adjusting rear air suspension, I think.

If this is your first Spyder then I would recommend the $99 rider training course available in a community college near you from Can Am's website. It is a $200 discount from that usually charged by your local Community College or wherever. If you have never ridden one before and only ridden motorcycles, this course is worth its weight in gold. Plus it gives you the correct license endorsement for your state (if required). The course I went to at Salt Lake CC was first rate, it made riding the thing so much easier, and to be honest, a lot safer. They take quite a lot of getting used to and the course really accelerated that learning curve.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver