Spyder Garage

Default Army Recruitment Ads - International Comparison

I'm inspired by the Brazilian Army. Sign me up!

https://youtu.be/08CpWVgvYY4
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

56 years ago today (1966), I raised my hand and pledged to serve for three in the US Army. With enlisting, I could select a MOS (Military Occupational Skill) I qualified for. I did achieve that. NO WAY was I going to roll the dice and get drafted.

Spyder Garage

VitoNam,

Thank you for your service.

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Ukraine doesn't need fancy ads. Everybody fights, nobody quits........
    2020 Spyder Rt-L chrome.
    2020 RT-L , Lamonster brake pedal riser Red

Spyder Garage

I joined ROTC in college in part to avoid the draft once I graduated. I entered active duty in the Army with a two year commitment. But as a young officer I found that I got a great deal of personal satisfacttion as a very small cog on a very big wheel but doing something that had real meaning. I ended up serving for 24 years before retiring from active service. I was not a combat soldier but served in a support role, but strongly felt that I was a soldier serving my nation and my fellow citizens. No job before that, or after that ever gave me the same sense of satisfaction. It was the act of serving that made it worthwhile. Seeing the current U.S. Army recruitment video saddened me but did not surprise me. Featuring a young girl seeking adventure, and not service was the theme. And I guess the "woke" leadership of today's military could not resist linking the girl's aspirations with that of a gay couple that raised her. I doubt that such a commerical will motivate the kind of tough warriors we need in today's Army, but might appeal to the self serving "social justice warrior" that the Left has inspired our youth to be.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I joined ROTC in college in part to avoid the draft once I graduated. I entered active duty in the Army with a two year commitment. But as a young officer I found that I got a great deal of personal satisfacttion as a very small cog on a very big wheel but doing something that had real meaning. I ended up serving for 24 years before retiring from active service. I was not a combat soldier but served in a support role, but strongly felt that I was a soldier serving my nation and my fellow citizens. No job before that, or after that ever gave me the same sense of satisfaction. It was the act of serving that made it worthwhile. Seeing the current U.S. Army recruitment video saddened me but did not surprise me. Featuring a young girl seeking adventure, and not service was the theme. And I guess the "woke" leadership of today's military could not resist linking the girl's aspirations with that of a gay couple that raised her. I doubt that such a commerical will motivate the kind of tough warriors we need in today's Army, but might appeal to the self serving "social justice warrior" that the Left has inspired our youth to be.
    I agree whole heartily. I sometimes wonder where I'd be today if I had applied for a civilian job to any of the bases in the Dam Neck (stationed at) or Norfolk area after hitch number 1 in the U.S. Navy. I guess I shouldn't wonder too much since I am completely retired as military and civilian.