Spyder Garage

Default does a turbo sound appealing to you?

https://www.silberturbos.com/product...-900-turbo-kit

I don't own one, and I don't have any ties to this company, but this looks interesting. The HP increase numbers I am a little skeptical of, but who knows.

Anyone on here install one?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post

I don't own one, and I don't have any ties to this company, but this looks interesting. The HP increase numbers I am a little skeptical of, but who knows.

I just read the info ( Ad /specs ) for the link you posted .... The cost says $ 500. 00 for the kit ..... However down at the bottom of the Ad .... the price rises to $ 3000.00 and then $3380.00 .... I'm VERY skeptical of this .... plus a 44 HP increase, this would be great for a 300HP engine .... But for a 71HP engine .... That's mind boggling ..... JMHOP .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Not sure I would want one on a Ryker personally. Not that is would not be fun I just imagine a lot of tire replacements! As far as horse power I can see that increase. That is about the HP increase I saw adding a turbo to the Rotax 912 aviation motor for an Ultralight I used to have. That was a great engine from BRP.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

well, that is good to know. Thought they might be fibbing a little, you know how every manufacturer puts out numbers about their product that never seem to match in real life. Tractors do it with lift capacity, trucks do it with their tow ratings and mpg, bikes seem to do it with their 1/4 mile and 0-60 times, etc etc.

I was actually looking for a performance header and saw the turbo. Lucky me I bought a tune (dyna jet flasher/programmer) last year that didn't work, so I got refunded and was thinking maybe someone offered a combo deal. This peaked my curiosity. I was thinking about diping my bike this year too, but this would be much more preferable to me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I just read the info ( Ad /specs ) for the link you posted .... The cost says $ 500. 00 for the kit ..... However down at the bottom of the Ad .... the price rises to $ 3000.00 and then $3380.00 .... I'm VERY skeptical of this .... plus a 44 HP increase, this would be great for a 300HP engine .... But for a 71HP engine .... That's mind boggling ..... JMHOP .... Mike
    Agree, I don't see all of that kit shown for only $500. At $3800 that is about $86 per HP! $3800 seems like a lot of money for an add on to a $8,500-$11,500 trike.
    Sold: 2020RT base with numerous improvements and farkles
    Previous 2 wheels: 3 BMWs, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha and 1 Husqvarna

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilcoJunoHotel View Post
    Agree, I don't see all of that kit shown for only $500. At $3800 that is about $86 per HP! $3800 seems like a lot of money for an add on to a $8,500-$11,500 trike.
    Not $ 500.00 ... I just went back to the LINK , and at the beginning of the Ad it States $ 500.00 pay in four interset free instalments of $ 125.00 ..... Check the LINK language ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

When you put it in your cart w/o a programmer its $2700. With a programmer is $3k.
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

I have watched a couple of YouTube videos on this, running, and recently installs. Kit looked good from design and fit perspective, nothing half done. I've seen much less well implemented kits for more cash , but that was a car and hp gain was higher percent. I could not justify it on my 370z, or on my ryker but I wish I could.

Spyder Garage

The horsepower numbers are reasonable for a turbo. I put a Flyin' Miatas turbo on my 91 Miata back in the day. Stock was 100 hp at the wheels; turbo dyno'd at 215. The Miata engine internals and transmission could handle it; the clutch and early rear end not so much. A heavy-duty clutch went in with the turbo. The differential broke after several months, and was replaced with a slightly larger one that was stock on the later year Miatas.

Lots of Ryker drivetrain parts besides engine to consider regarding longevity.

I already get plenty of wheel slip on my Ryker in Standard mode. I actually wish that the traction control was more aggressive in Standard mode and would prevent any wheel slip, especially in the wet. Personally, I'm not seeing a turbo on my Ryker. Many like the aftermarket air intakes on the Ryker. I find them to be not very ascetically pleasing.

Spyder Garage

Not sure if the BRP 900 Ace by Ski-Doo is the exact same engine as the Spyders, but the Specs say- Engine: 900 ACE™ Turbo R
    Engine details: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke D.O.H.C., dry sump, turbocharged
    Horsepower: 180
    Cylinders - Displacement: 3 - 899 cc
    Bore - Stroke: 73 mm - 69.7 mm
    Carburation: EFI
    Fuel type - Octane: Premium unleaded - 91
    Fuel tank: 36 L/9.5 US gal
    Oil tank capacity: 3.4 L/3.6 q

And the RENEGADE X 900 ACE TURBO R ES RIPSAW gets rave revues for engine performance. Simply an FYI...Regards,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0Gd4Zgi0Ps
    Last edited by BMac920; 04-02-2022 at 10:21 AM.
    2018 F3-L
    w/2600mi-2/14/22
    - The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    - HeliBars
    - 20" MadStad Wind Screen
    - Garmin Zumo XT
    - ROLO LASER Alignment, Tyler Texas
    - Greased Front Sprocket Splines w/TS-70
    - Baja Ron Heim End Links
    Many two-wheelers and w/40+ years of Riding
    The Woodlands, Texas

Spyder Garage

So, instead of insta buying I read a bunch of stuff, read these comments, and talked to a couple of motorheads. Basically, this turbo is mostly at the top end and I don't get to top end speed unless I'm on the interstate. I am mainly hitting curves and accelerating until the next curve. I wanted it at the lower end where it would get me out of the curves and to the posted speed limit quicker.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to pull away from another ryker like they do in some other videos I watched. But...this isn't what I normally do (ride on the interstate/highway). I rather spend my money where it counts most for me - Hookers and blow (just playing and it sounded funny in my head).

Appreciate all the feedback.

Spyder Garage

Snowmobiles have more opportunity to dump the excess heat. However my Maverick X3 has a 900ace turbo at 125 HP. The RR version adds an intercooler and tune to get 195 HP. This is as offered by BRP.
    2019 Rally , BLACK

Spyder Garage

I have no interest in a turbo. The Ryker goes fast enough as is. What I would like is some sort of overdrive gear for highway speeds.

Spyder Garage

Silber Turbo installed and running great!

IMG_0551.jpg

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

nice job....what are the difference finally ?

Spyder Garage

So, instead of insta buying I read a bunch of stuff, read these comments, and talked to a couple of motorheads. Basically, this turbo is mostly at the top end and I don't get to top end speed unless I'm on the interstate. I am mainly hitting curves and accelerating until the next curve. I wanted it at the lower end where it would get me out of the curves and to the posted speed limit quicker.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to pull away from another ryker like they do in some other videos I watched. But...this isn't what I normally do (ride on the interstate/highway). I rather spend my money where it counts most for me - Hookers and blow (just playing and it sounded funny in my head).

Appreciate all the feedback.
    Classic.

Spyder Garage

I was just playing around on the site. It does say $500--but the option "put down a deposit" is selected. As soon as you change it to "pay in full" the price shifts to $3,000 with a programmer. I'm guessing it goes up higher after taxes and shipping are added (I didn't go that far--just messing around)?
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

The 900 in snowmobile application is not the same engine as the 900 Turbo. The Turbo engine has a different crank and pistons to handle the stress of the increased horsepower. So by strapping this thing on I believe you'd be asking for trouble. Just my opinion but when in doubt, trust the engineers that build these things.

I have the Non Turbo 900 ACE in my sled, a fine engine in itself. The Turbo almost doubles the horsepower for the snowmobile application.
    Last edited by spyderider1; 05-03-2022 at 01:54 PM.

LORD GRANT ME THE SENILITY TO FORGET THE PEOPLE I NEVER LIKED,
    THE GOOD FORTUNE TO RUN INTO THE ONES I DO LIKE,
    AND THE EYE SIGHT TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

2016 Spyder RTS

Spyder Garage

Ok, this is sweet. Exactly what the Ryker needed IMO.

You can run low 11's on 91 pump? Nice.

Would love to see someone turn it up on E85 or a built motor too but this is a great start.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderider1 View Post
    The 900 in snowmobile application is not the same engine as the 900 Turbo. The Turbo engine has a different crank and pistons to handle the stress of the increased horsepower. So by strapping this thing on I believe you'd be asking for trouble. Just my opinion but when in doubt, trust the engineers that build these things.

I have the Non Turbo 900 ACE in my sled, a fine engine in itself. The Turbo almost doubles the horsepower for the snowmobile application.
    People have been adding forced induction to motors forever. We are talking about a 5 psi pump gas kit.

You can make the argument that at higher compression with a bit of boost you generate less heat, get more power per psi, and have better response and spool.

You're only asking for trouble if you run 87 octane on a tune designed for 91 or try to increase boost pressure too far getting greedy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Sounds like someone is new to the world of turbos.

My 3.0 liter 300 hp engine is making 750+ now in my car. An increase of 44 hp at 900cc's is nothing.