Spyder Garage

Default Finally got my 2021 RT LTD back from dealer!

Well I finally got my 2021 RT LTD back from the dealer after continuously throwing rear suspension codes (C210A) from new.

I dropped it off last year at thanksgiving (US) and I got it back yesterday and it finally appears to be fixed. Yahoo.

It first had the ride height linkage connected.
    Then it had the manual air fill valve fixed.
    Then it had an air leak fixed.
    Now it had the whole mechanism replaced including the pump.

Seems like a long time, November to nearly April.

Getting parts from Can Am took a long, long time: Covid, truck blockade, pump comes from China via Canada by sea apparently. All backed up in the supply chain. Can Am has not been very pro-active in getting spares into dealer's hands it seems, as I'm not the only one I know waiting a long time for warranty work.

Then it got cold and snowed, and it stayed cold and snowed again, so it couldn't even get tested after it was potentially fixed. Finally it was nice weather this week and it was tested and it seems OK. Fingers crossed.

The dealer has been very good, and I didn't lose much riding time. I think if it had been over the summer and 2022's were not unobtainable I would have lemon law-ed the thing. I like it a lot and it rides nicely, but I hope the thing proves more reliable in the long term.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-27-2022 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Wow. Your a lucky, Did you leave it at the dealer all winter and Was it stored inside? I have been waiting for parts since October and one part is still not due for production till April 27-May 27th. The dealer said take it home last November when it started snowing. They had no space to keep inside. Glad you got it fixed and hope it didn’t sit outside for the last 5 months.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Oh I’m sure it sat outside on and off, but they cleaned it up nicely for the most part. My guess was it was outside for some of the day and inside overnight as they needed the shop space to work on snowmobiles. I’ll give it a good wax polish this week, it appears fine. My garage can get pretty cold overnight whereas their shop is heated, so I don’t think it would have made much difference. It looks ok as I checked it out before accepting it back.

What on earth part are you waiting for since November and not being made until May? You would have thought they would be making parts for production of 2022 models by now? Could the dealer not find a used part that could be refurbished or used as a temporary fitment? I wanted a new pump as it was the whole system being replaced, but if it were the summer I would have them fit a used part temporarily. Can Am has to do rather better in its spares availability I think. According to the dealer it’s easier to get parts unique to the Rykers from Mexico than Spyders from Canada.

Frankly I think most of the auxiliary parts are bought in from outside suppliers, as things like the air suspension pump are made in China. I doubt if Can Am makes half the parts on the machine, most manufacturers don’t. I suspect even Rotax buys in a lot of their components from suppliers too. Even Honda does that. I’m thinking a lot of this is supply chain issues and with Covid resurgence in China and cities like Shanghai on lockdown again, it might perhaps get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Good luck with the wait, I hope the part fixes your issue.
    Can Am Syder RT Limited (2021)
    Triumph Bonneville T120 (2018)
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Right fog light assembly. Has been unavailable in all of North America since October 18th. It went into production and my part was shipped March 11 th. Then somehow 15 semis went missing. Now they will reproduce it sometime between April 27-May 27. I had several dealers do nationwide search and none available.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”