Spyder Garage

Default What's the Best 2019 Can Am Spyder RT lift?

Good afternoon,

My friend owns a 2019 Spyder RT Limited and would like to by a lift to do his own maintenance. I was wondering what lift is the best, and where can he get it? I heard pit bull makes a good lift but I couldn’t find what I watched on YouTube.

Thank you
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-26-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related

Spyder Garage

I bought this one on sale for something like $170 for a 2018 F3L: "OTC 1545 Ultra Low Profile Motorcycle and ATV Lift with 1,500 lb. Capacity" - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BCJCTZ1...5-91a716781fe0

- Works fine with the exception I need to use a ratchet tie-down (on the same side as the lift) while lifting the whole machine to stabilize the bike. Regards.
    Last edited by BMac920; 03-26-2022 at 08:08 PM.
    2018 F3-L
    w/2600mi-2/14/22
    - The Ultimate F3 Floorboard
    - HeliBars
    - 20" MadStad Wind Screen
    - Garmin Zumo XT
    - ROLO LASER Alignment, Tyler Texas
    - Greased Front Sprocket Splines w/TS-70
    - Baja Ron Heim End Links
    Many two-wheelers and w/40+ years of Riding
    The Woodlands, Texas

Spyder Garage

You ave the big blue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNXpiJLixok

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have/had several lifts. The best, easiest, and most stable is placing each tire on a car ramp. Back up on the front two ramps and raise the rear with a small jack and place the third ramp under the rear tire facing the opposite way and it ain't rolling anywhere. Easiest least expensive and most of all, the safest.

Spyder Garage

Best or best value? I do use car ramps for simple things (installing the Bad Boy horn, working on the front). but bought a lift for other work (oil changes, more complex wire routing underneath, etc.). Since i don't use it often, I didn't want to spend several hundred dollars for something that collects dust most of the time. that said, I wanted something that would work, safely. I decided on PITTSBURGH AUTOMOTIVE 1500 Lb. Aluminum ATV / Motorcycle Lift from Harbor Freight (https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-l...ift-63397.html 0 it works great, is nice and stable and makes work so much easier. I used a coupon and for less than $200, it was a great purchase
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

You asked for the best. This is it. I got mine a few weeks ago. Not cheap. It's already starting to pay for itself though. I tell my riding friends to get a quote from the dealer, and I'll do it for half. There's a line to get in!!
    https://www.hmcindustries.com/sl-6090t.html
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

https://www.hmcindustries.com/sl-6090t.html

You still have to get under it after you get it up. Another jack? Just wondering.

Spyder Garage

Default Jack my spyder.

I Guys

Here is what I did, car ramp for the front and a jack for the rear wheel, I made three solid rectangular blocks.

IMG_0441.jpg

FlyBoy2121
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I have been pleased with my J&S Jack -- with their Spyder adapter. Yes, a bit pricy, but sturdier than the HF jack I had. https://jsjacks.com/

Like oil and tires, everyone will have an opinion! :-)

Bob
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FlyBoy2121 View Post
    I Guys

Here is what I did, car ramp for the front and a jack for the rear wheel, I made three solid rectangular blocks.

IMG_0441.jpg

FlyBoy2121
    Nice setup FlyBoy. I use my Sears ATV jack to raise the spyder.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Tank You

FlyBoy2121