Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone in Greenville, SC area able to get rid of my DESS error?

I have a 2014 RTS with about 38,000 miles and the last couple of times I went out on a ride I had a problem with the dreaded D E S S orange screen pop up and unit won't start. After a brief period, it starts. I have read online here that it can be disabled with B U D S, so my question to all, is there anyone in the Greenville, SC area that can disable this DESS module? Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercamp13 View Post
    I have a 2014 RTS with about 38,000 miles and the last couple of times I went out on a ride I had a problem with the dreaded D E S S orange screen pop up and unit won't start. After a brief period, it starts. I have read online here that it can be disabled with B U D S, so my question to all, is there anyone in the Greenville, SC area that can disable this DESS module? Thank you in advance.

I don’t know what to tell you. I know there is a whole Magnum Opus thread here on the forum dedicated to just this issue. I believe it was started by Deanan777. I have a 2018 and if or when that problem rears it’s ugly head with me, I’ll invest in purchasing the BUDS system and a 1 month Mega Tech license and disable it myself once and for all. Granted I may only use it once, but it will pay for itself in worry and aggravation. You could replace the DESS module itself, the part number is readily available here on the forum. I believe that Blueknight911 here on the forum has that information as well. I just need to be able to trust my ride and problems never fix themselves. Good luck.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I'm not too far away, but I don't have the necessary license level to disable DESS. I just renewed my license, and as far as I can tell there is no longer a 1 month license. The minimum is 1 year. As to the required license, (Mechatronic) it's now $449.00 for 1 year.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercamp13 View Post
    There arn't many folks who have the correct license, and just plain forget about a dealer doing it .... Option " B ",... IF you can remove the FRUNK .... Changing the DESS module is easy and will cost $ 140.00 for the new part...... PM me if you want assistance ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-28-2022 at 01:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

i am in Gaffney SC.. i can turn it off .. give me a call 860 334 5799
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come

Spyder Garage

I'm not that far from Gaffney myself. It's good to know that a member nearby has the Buds equipment.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I'm not that far from Gaffney myself. It's good to know that a member nearby has the Buds equipment.
    IMHO it's better to have the DESS canceled ....especially if your spyder is a 14-15-16 ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

just give a call if you need assistance
    JIM EVANS
    2014 RTL, cb,all panels color matched over 300 LEDs, pass armrests sat radio chrome WS brkt, larger w.s, more to come