Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Recommendation: Tried a new spray wax

I have tried many many spray waxes and cleaners on my spyders and some are pretty good. But I am always looking for the one that stands out. I have watched many tests and comparisons on youtube. I recently watched some testing of 3 ceramic spray coatings and detailers and there was a clear winner I decided to give a try. I am not usually a fan of Turtle Wax products, but their Ceramic Spray Coating and Spray Detailer are the best I have ever used on my spyders or any vehicle!!! I am truly blown away by these products!! Both of my spyders have full wraps, so, trying to get a paint-like shine can be a challenge and wont accept a traditional ceramic coating. The Sea-2-Sky also has lots of gloss black plastic that show fine scratches. The TurtleWax Ceramic Spray Coating worked miracles!!! I cant believe the shine!! It wasnt cheap at $15, but definitely worth it! No cure time like a true ceramic coating. Try the Ceramic Spray Coating first (green label). The detailer (red label)works to maintain shine and clean on the go. I just wanted to share my experience with this product.
    41909d00-9d25-4acf-bd6b-fbea7a304e40.cea013380c39e784401625226aa452da.jpg71JcKasqA9L._AC_SY879_.jpg
    IMG_20220326_103053217 (1).jpg
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 04-02-2022 at 11:49 PM.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

If you want it to really last, clay bar it, then use their wax.
    71+UdJMX28L._AC_SY879_.jpg
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Joel, I should also add that the Hybrid Ceramic Polish & Wax is easy on and off. Not as easy as the spray but not anything like a traditional wax. And if you want either one to last even longer, wait 24 hours and do it again.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

You guy's just cost me more money.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Speaking of waxes- What are other people using on the satin-finished plastic pieces since you’re not supposed to use wax? I’ve been using Bugslide because they told me it didn’t contain any waxes and it’s ok but just wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
    Speaking of waxes- What are other people using on the satin-finished plastic pieces since you’re not supposed to use wax? I’ve been using Bugslide because they told me it didn’t contain any waxes and it’s ok but just wondering if anyone had any other ideas.
    For what it's worth, I've used Bug Slide on every part of my bike since I bought it in 2020. California Duster between washings. Not saying that this is the proper method, but looks OK to me!........ Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

I have multiple detailers on the shelf. I do like the TW 3-1 ceramic detailer. That said, my latest purchase was some Maxima SC1 high gloss coating. It puts on a nice finish and doesn't make matte/satin finishes look glossy..
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I used the turtlewax ceramic spray on the textured plastic on the sea2sky and it looks clean and new, not glossy. And no white residue like sprays with carnuaba wax leave.

Spyder Garage

I'm all in for ceramic sprays; I happen to use nexgen, but I'd bet they're all pretty close in composition. I spray everything but the windscreen & display, then just wipe off & done.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

TW ceramic is all I use on my vehicles and toys. It lasts all winter on my cages and they get hammered by salt and car washes all winter since I'm a snowmobiler also.
    And the price is right along with spray on convenience and no worries on over spray on textured plastics. Zero residue.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Thanks Joel, I’ll give it a try You say you use the Ceramic Coating first and then the detailer ongoing. Don’t you have to do a clean before applying the Ceramic?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just wash and dry as usual, then apply the ceramic spray. Or you can use the 3 in 1 detailer if your spyder isnt really dirty. Read the instructions. You have to shake the bottle first.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 04-02-2022 at 03:48 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Matt black looks pretty good too in the original post.

Spyder Garage

There's a product out there called Liquid Glass. I used to use it a while back. My friend put a bunch of coats on his car and you couldn't even lean against it without sliding off. Good stuff and is supposed to last up to 6 months.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

You spelt “booty” wrong, Joel. ……and every time I shake MY booty, it records as an earthquake 300 miles away in Sydney

p.s. thanks for the info…..I bought the 3 in 1…

Pete.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    You spelt “booty” wrong, Joel. ……and every time I shake MY booty, it records as an earthquake 300 miles away in Sydney

p.s. thanks for the info…..I bought the 3 in 1…

Pete.
    Thanks! I meant bottle. LOL. Fixed it

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

today I tried the ceramic coating spray on my car. I really like it. Very good shine, for one coat. They recommend a second coat 24 hours later, but I dont have time to try that. I know white doeasnt show it very well, but it is really nice! I also tried the 3 in 1 spray on a very dirty set of wheels. It is ok. It did the job of cleaning all the grime off the wheels, but the shine was not great. I then applied the ceramic spray coating and they look great! The wheels are 4 years old and have about 80k miles on them. They dont look new, but very nice.
    IMG_20220402_231852196.jpgIMG_20220402_231858600.jpgIMG_20220402_232336601.jpg

UPDATE: After spray coating the wheels, I grabbed my trusty can of Mothers Brazilian Carnauba wax and applied a coat to the wheels. I have to say, the paste wax left a much better shine than the spray. BUT.... The spray ceramic coating works on anything (I even coated my tires) and repels water like crazy. You cant do that with a paste wax. So the search continues for an easy to apply spray coating that I can use on the whole spyder and gives anincredible shine. I still like the ease of using the TW ceranmic spray and it made my spyder look great. Just didnt work well on my wheels.
    Last edited by Joel The Biker; 04-03-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

I use Turtle Wax Graphene Flex Wax on all my vehicles including my Spyder. I initially use Mothers Wax California Gold Clay Bar Kit to clean the shiny painted surfaces with their Detailer Spray as a lubricant before applying the Graphene coating. I find these products easy to use, long lasting and have the high quality I demand. The Turtle Wax was about $25 and the Mothers about $20. You hardly use any of the Turtle Wax Graphene wax so one bottle lasts extremely long time and you can use it on everything. I’ve used the California Gold detailer spray and clay bars on 3 vehicles including the Spyder and there is still some left. I’ve tried other top brands but keep coming back to Turtle Wax.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator

Spyder Garage

The 3 in 1 Detailer makes a good lubricant for the clay bar as well.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl