Spyder Garage

Default Sound system - any plug & play replcmts with more pwr/sound good?

I replaced the speakers in my 2016 F3, it helped a bit but still sounds like a 2 dollar stereo. It must be the head unit? Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement unit, plug and play, that has more power and sounds good?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tflatt View Post
    I replaced the speakers in my 2016 F3, it helped a bit but still sounds like a 2 dollar stereo. It must be the head unit? Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement unit, plug and play, that has more power and sounds good?
    Windsor N.Y.
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

I traded my 16 F3T that had no stereo for an 18 F3L that has one. And it also sounds like a 2 dollar stereo. I now use ear plugs when I do not need to wear a helmet. I wouldn't even think about putting a BRP audio branding on it. it is that horrible.
    Last edited by acdcking12; 04-11-2022 at 10:22 AM.
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tflatt View Post
    This is interesting I have a 14 RT and I'm pretty sure the radio's ( ie. headunits ) were the Same .... I swapped my speakers for JBL , 2 OHM models and mine now rocks ..... both for volume and clarity ...... What speakers did you use to replace and did you replace ALL of them ..... if not then this would be the issue .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 04-11-2022 at 11:41 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

10/15 years ago open blaring speaker systems on MC's used to be commonplace. Not so much anymore. Some states have laws against that sort of thing. Mexifornia does. Boomboxes are even becoming a thing of the past. "Huh, what'd you say, I can't hear you?" LOL

Spyder Garage

I just use a bluetooth helmet with a small, MP3 player in my shirt pocket. Don't like windshields, and can't hear much with the wind noise anyway, unless it is playing in the helmet. You can find some very good, rechargeable MP3 players that are shirt pocket size, that hold thousands of songs on a mini-chip, for less than $40.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2022 at 04:51 AM. Reason: then = than ;-)
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Mike, where did you purchase your speakers& what size are they? Did you replace all 4? Thanks, spyder.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stubronco View Post
    Mike, where did you purchase your speakers& what size are they? Did you replace all 4? Thanks, spyder.jpg
    I got them on E-bay,,,, but it was 7 years ago .... and JBL has changed that model 3 times since then .... mine are 2 OHMS and although many folks here told me they would fry my radio, the folks at JBL said " Hooey " ..... I kept the fronts at 5.25 and enlarged the rears to 5.25. They arn't sold as Marine speakers , however they are waterproof. .... Speakers have different " Tonal " qualities, so the sound they produce will vary.... I have seen 3-OHM speakers for sale in the 5.25 size, anything you find in a NAME Brand will be WAAAAAY better than the OEM's .... Beginning in 2018, BRP changed the radio / head unit and for reasons I can't understand a SPEAKER swap won't help ..... " Joel the Biker " was the only person to have any success in fixing the problem with the 18 and up Spyder sound. ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

My biggest complaint is the reception or the lack there of . I cleaned the Loctite off the threads ,still sucks .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    My biggest complaint is the reception or the lack there of . I cleaned the Loctite off the threads ,still sucks .
    Well " reception " is a different issue. Million dollar speakers will still sound Cr*ppy if there is poor reception .... But it will be a higher quality Cr*ppy, than low quality speakers ......... PS, some have also reported
    loose ground strap connections as an issue ..... Mike