Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Is there a site that can tell me how many of a particular year spyder was made?

As the title says, I am wondering is there a site where we can find out how many of a particular model and color was made? There is one for my lightning and there was one for my cobra. My thought is that there should be one for the spyders also. I just picked up a 2016 F3 Limited Special series and am curious to see how many more are around. I loved those when they first came out, but my money put me into a F3T. I loved that bike, but came across a deal on the Special series that I could not resist, so I bought it and sold my F3T. Now I am looking to see how many are out there. I have seen none in my area, but I am sure there must be a number somewhere.
    BTW, here is my new scoot with barely 3700 miles, and yes I am very happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have one

Spyder Garage

I pulled the helmet holder from the front. 4 push fittings.
    where I saw this.

20220320_161022.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    I pulled the helmet holder from the front. 4 push fittings.
    where I saw this.

20220320_161022.jpg
    So, what do the numbers mean? Is one of them the build number? Just wondering how rare (if at all), this particular bike is. I know they made some later models with similar color scheme (matte finish and black chrome wheels), but I know the 2016 was considered a Limited and Special Series (graphics on the frunk lid). I don't think they did that after 2016. They also had a special series in the 2016 F3S, and the 2016 RT. 2015 also had a special edition, but it was easier to notice because of the different color panels and the wheels (and a shorter windshield).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    So, what do the numbers mean? Is one of them the build number? Just wondering how rare (if at all), this particular bike is. I know they made some later models with similar color scheme (matte finish and black chrome wheels), but I know the 2016 was considered a Limited and Special Series (graphics on the frunk lid). I don't think they did that after 2016. They also had a special series in the 2016 F3S, and the 2016 RT. 2015 also had a special edition, but it was easier to notice because of the different color panels and the wheels (and a shorter windshield).
    What do the numbers mean Its a unique identifier of your machine.
    Any dealer should be able to decrypt them for you.

As far as your other questions. No Idea.

Spyder Garage

As far as "rare" particular models go...I do not believe it will have any effect on value. Only to collectors, and I do not know of many collectors who are interested in Spyder.

Serial #1...given to Jay Leno for his collection is a good example. Last I heard he donated to a worthy vet. And...there is some controversy over the "actual" #1. Discussed recently in another thread.

A few attempts have been made by BRP.

"Specials" with color schemes and not much else. Anyone remember the RSS "clown color" Spyder?

The "triple black" that was introduced in Sturgis. The thought was they were going to convert the Victory and HD riders with that one. I don't think it happened.

The 10th Anniversary edition...trick paint job and special markings. Had to be "special ordered." Four reported on here and I am guessing less than 10 made. A couple were up for sale and took a long time to move on this site. And...they were not priced out of touch.

As far as I know, such data does not exist as you requested. We know they have made over 100,000 because that was touted when it happened. Based on the number of years it took for that milestone, I am guessing around 10K or less per year (all models).

The Spyder is a good machine. I have had a total of seven. Been with them since day one. I don't see them becoming a collector anything though.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-22-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    As far as "rare" particular models go...I do not believe it will have any effect on value. Only to collectors, and I do not know of many collectors who are interested in Spyder.

Serial #1...given to Jay Leno for his collection is a good example. Last I heard he donated to a worthy vet. And...there is some controversy over the "actual" #1. Discussed recently in another thread.

"Specials" with color schemes and not much else. Anyone remember the RSS "clown color" Spyder?

The "triple black" that was introduced in Sturgis. The thought was they were going to convert the Victory and HD riders with that one. I don't think it happened.

The 10th Anniversary edition...trick paint job and special markings. Had to be "special ordered." Four reported on here and I am guessing less than 10 made. A couple were up for sale and took a long time to move on this site. And...they were not priced out of touch.

As far as I know, such data does not exist as you requested. We know they have made over 100,000 because that was touted when it happened. Based on the number of years it took for that milestone, I am guessing around 10K or less per year (all models).

The Spyder is a good machine. I have had a total of seven. Been with them since day one. I don't see them becoming a collector anything though.

Yep, I get what you are saying. I don't think they will be collector items at all. I was just curious. For instance, there was a list of how many ford Lightnings of each color were made in each year. Samething for the 03 & 04 terminator mustang. I had a 2003 terminator convertible and found out that there were only about 117 of that color combination produced. I don't think it made it more valuable, but it was just some additional information that I had.
    I am currently on spyders number 4 & 5. I have been very satisfied with them all. The only one that I ever had any real issue with was my 2012 RSS. It had a module go bad on the transmission that would not let it shift up or down correctly. I also did not like the excess heat given off from them. But if I ever got to where I could not ride 2 wheels, I would probably pick up another RSS to give me that go fast, sport bike riding feel.
    Thanks for the information guys.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

get stage two monster flash put rls cat delete on rons sway bar m2 shocks and then hang on

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post

Don't forget the 2021 Sea to Sky with it's special Himalayan Green paint scheme in honor of the background colors of the sea to sky highway! I inferred from their marketing that the Sea to Sky was a one year special model, but 2022 proved me wrong with the blue S2S, guess they're honoring the blue skies of the sea to sky highway this year! What will 2023 bring, a dark grey on honor of the Hwy 99 pavement
    2021 Spyder RT Limited (Sea-To-Sky)
    2022 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Found this today, not quite all the info you wanted, but interesting

https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...on-model-chart

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcer960 View Post
    Found this today, not quite all the info you wanted, but interesting

https://www.slingmods.com/can-am-spy...on-model-chart
    Thanks for posting this. I like to look over the current, and past lineups. I usually try to get a book from the dealerships showing the information for each year model. It has been hard getting one since 2018 (I think my last year was 2017). Seems like they did the color combination on the F3T in 2017 & 2018.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for finding the info on the different bikes and colors over the years. I found it very interesting.

John