Spyder Garage

Default It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.......

Ha Ha, now that I have you humming to this Mr. Rogers theme song, thought I'd share my ride today with you.

It was an absolute beautiful day, started the morning ride around 11:00, approx temp was 55, and rose rather quickly to a high of 70 plus by the time we ended our 120 mile round venture trip @ approx 2:30. Of course, we had to make 1 mandatory coffee break stop along the way.

Ride consisted of mostly secondary roads, a lot of sight seeing, visiting our favorite campground, admiring the wildlife, and the best of what Mother Nature has put before us. So peaceful and serene.

Was just nice to get out, enjoying the fresh air.....even a bit cow country fresh air was welcoming. I was raised in the country as well, so I appreciate those cattle smells. Call me weird, but those aromas bring back some of my fondest memories of the farm.

All-in-all, was a great day. Along with my most precious cargo....in the Pillion seat. Success!

Depending on everyone's schedules and commitments, hope everyone who wanted to, or was able to, get out and enjoy this beautiful day, got out as well. Enjoy!

Rick

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    Ha Ha, now that I have you humming to this Mr. Rogers theme song, thought I'd share my ride today with you.

It was an absolute beautiful day, started the morning ride around 11:00, approx temp was 55, and rose rather quickly to a high of 70 plus by the time we ended our 120 mile round venture trip @ approx 2:30. Of course, we had to make 1 mandatory coffee break stop along the way.

Ride consisted of mostly secondary roads, a lot of sight seeing, visiting our favorite campground, admiring the wildlife, and the best of what Mother Nature has put before us. So peaceful and serene.

Was just nice to get out, enjoying the fresh air.....even a bit cow country fresh air was welcoming. I was raised in the country as well, so I appreciate those cattle smells. Call me weird, but those aromas bring back some of my fondest memories of the farm.

All-in-all, was a great day. Along with my most precious cargo....in the Pillion seat. Success!

Depending on everyone's schedules and commitments, hope everyone who wanted to, or was able to, get out and enjoy this beautiful day, got out as well. Enjoy!

Rick
    Well, today was not so beautiful here in the southwestern clime of British Columbia. Highs today of only 45°F and rain for a good part of the day, and supposed to be that way for most of the week. I live in the farming area of BC, and was brought up in this area, so I surely do know about the farm smells, and have to agree.....it’s like the Tiny Tim song......”Tiptoe Through the Tulips”. aaannnnddddd......there’s another tune ro get stuck in your noggen. (Good old Tiny Tim, may he Rest in Peace!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    Ha Ha, now that I have you humming to this Mr. Rogers theme song, thought I'd share my ride today with you. ......
    Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    .....it’s like the Tiny Tim song......”Tiptoe Through the Tulips”. aaannnnddddd......there’s another tune ro get stuck in your noggen. (Good old Tiny Tim, may he Rest in Peace!

Aaand, as if Rick's "Blast from the Past" Neighbourhood song wasn't bad enough (thanks Rick! ) you hadta go & tiptoe thru those bloody tulips Brucie!

Now I've got them BOTH competing for air time!!

Sounds like the season for Spyder Ryding is rapidly gathering pace over there. Here in the Adelaide Hills of South Oz, we're getting in as much Autumn Ryding as we can before it gets too wet, windy, & miserable for most.... Good thing I learnt to ride in the rain & light Ozzie snow as a young fella with only a bike for transport; so my ryding season stretches a lot longer'n many over here
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-20-2022 at 09:59 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well, today was not so beautiful here in the southwestern clime of British Columbia. Highs today of only 45°F and rain for a good part of the day, and supposed to be that way for most of the week. I live in the farming area of BC, and was brought up in this area, so I surely do know about the farm smells, and have to agree.....it’s like the Tiny Tim song......”Tiptoe Through the Tulips”. aaannnnddddd......there’s another tune ro get stuck in your noggen. (Good old Tiny Tim, may he Rest in Peace!

Oh Yes, I remember Tiny Tim well, he and his little Ukele with infamous song. I believe, if my memory serves me, that was his only big hit. He was quite the character too.

Sorry to hear your weather isn't very cooperative. On the flip side, ours is just momentarily, as we have a Cold front with more rain and lowering temps coming in this week. So glad I got a chance to get out and enjoy while I could.

Better days are coming.......... just wish they would get here sooner, than later.

Enjoy!

Rick

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Aaand, as if Rick's "Blast from the Past" Neighbourhood song wasn't bad enough (thanks Rick! ) you hadta go & tiptoe thru those bloody tulips Brucie!

Sounds like the season for Spyder Ryding is rapidly gathering pace over there. Here in the Adelaide Hills of South Oz, we're getting in as much Autumn Ryding as we can before it gets too wet, windy, & miserable for most.... Good thing I learnt to ride in the rain & light Ozzie snow; so my ryding season stretches a lot longer'n many over here

Sorry Peter! Oh, Just be careful of those "tulip" high notes, they could be detrimental.

Glad to hear you're getting in as much riding as can be allowed. We have had our share of wet wintry weather on this side, and am now looking forward to hopefully a great riding season here. Spring has SPRUNG as of today. Woo Hoo!

Enjoy!

Rick

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

Sounds like the season for Spyder Ryding is rapidly gathering pace over there. Here in the Adelaide Hills of South Oz, we're getting in as much Autumn Ryding as we can before it gets too wet, windy, & miserable for most.... Good thing I learnt to ride in the rain & light Ozzie snow as a young fella with only a bike for transport; so my ryding season stretches a lot longer'n many over here
    Thanks a lot for the new suggestion. Now I am seeing Tiny Tim with his long hair and his ukelele trying to keep in tune with the actual song. We can thank Johnny Carson for that one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We all owe Briorick a big THANK YOU for starting this thread, injecting some much needed levity into our lives. (at least I needed it!)

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

We all owe Briorick a big THANK YOU for starting this thread, injecting some much needed levity into our lives. (at least I needed it!)

You're too kind! Thanks for joining in with your long forgotten, and "catchy", tune as well. Earlier I did watch a youtube video of Tiny Tim. Why, I really have no clue . So now I'll be going to bed with the "tulips" stuck in my head....... again!

Every now and then we need some yesteryear memory injections to keep these old brains from becoming stagnant, even if it is just humming old outdated jingles. Glad I could help!

Rick

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thanks a lot for the new suggestion. Now I am seeing Tiny Tim with his long hair and his ukelele trying to keep in tune with the actual song. We can thank Johnny Carson for that one.

Remember that skit well.

Johnny Carson, he was definitely one of a kind! Gone, but never forgotten!

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White