Spyder Garage

Default Go Pro Camera Mount

Has anyone put a 3M adhesive GoPro mount on a mirror of an RT, and decided to take it off later.............and have luck getting it off the chrome top part of the mirror without damaging the mirror, or finish?

I am anal about my bike, and want to keep it looking good, so I am thinking of putting an adhesive mount on the top part of my mirror for my camera. Question is, I want to know, if I decide that later on, I want to take it off the mirror without damaging it, I can.

Any comments, or suggestions if you were able to remove, or whatever is appreciated.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

The 3M adhesive sticks well! I have had some luck in the past using a heat gun and a plastic putty knife. If you look close you can still see where it was though.
    I attached my GoPro to my helmet.
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It will work was long as you don't fiddle with it.. (adjust the camera) I saw a video of a rider tweaking the camera and he lost it. (found it later)

Put pressure on the base when adjusting it so you're not pulling on the adhesive itself.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Have you considered siliconing a bracket or small mounting arm onto the front of one of those little 'side wings' under the windscreen - those tiny winglets immediately under the corners of the screen that're mounted on/in the same black dash cover module as the screen itself, above & inboard of the mirrors?? A 4 or 5 inch long piece of flat strap steel siliconed on using clear silicone under about half it's length and sticking it down near the base of one of those winglets so that it projects out & up enough, with sufficient twist in the strap to give you the mounting point orientation you desire, should do the job brilliantly!

The silicone won't harm the winglet material at all; it'll grip better than any of the removable 3M stuff (altho that gear IS undeniably good, just not AS good!) and if you do ever decide to remove it, you can slice it off using a piece of dental floss or fishing line pulled thru the silicone & then peel/rub the rest off by hand, leaving absolutely no sign that there was ever anything there! . I've used this method to mount all sorts of things over time - lights, radios, cameras, and even some fairly heavy gear, and just so long as you silicone the strap on with about half it's length stuck down low near the base of the winglet, it'll never be an issue to the winglet &/or bracket movement; and once removed, you'd never know anything had ever been there!

Over to you!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!