Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Local dealer has half a dozen listed for sale on their website, and they all say missing parts - 6 weeks or so till parts arrive!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2022 at 08:50 PM. Reason: ' 's & fixed emoji
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

... My Dealer said that all the Spyder's coming to him are already sold.
    I just wondered if some dealers are ordering Spyder's for stock. Kind of seems like this is happening at some dealers. ......
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:50 PM.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Little Blue,

Referring to your thread title; what was the final number?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:51 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Here south of Houston, my 2022 S2S is in... down payment given in Oct. 2021.
    Missing parts... yes! The vin page shows battery, reverse actuator, windshield motor support, and top case.

What is the top case, please? And any ideas on wait time for these typical parts not installed? Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-11-2022 at 08:48 PM. Reason: S2S = Sea to Sky - STs = a no longer sold Spyder model! ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Referring to your thread title; what was the final number?
    Still counting! See the post immediately below yours...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lrogers621 View Post
    Here south of Houston, my 2022 S2S is in... down payment given in Oct. 2021.
    Missing parts... yes! The vin page shows battery, reverse actuator, windshield motor support, and top case.
    Can you post a link to the vin page you're referring to?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by imgoinmad View Post
    Can you post a link to the vin page you're referring to?
    Not sure if a link is available. The Dealer is saying they can get some information from Can Am. This is what I heard.

But you never know what BRP will do. ......
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

My dealer called today and told me my bike is at their warehouse but it's missing parts and no ETA on when the parts will arrive. Best guess is August.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophile View Post
    My dealer called today and told me my bike is at their warehouse but it's missing parts and no ETA on when the parts will arrive. Best guess is August.
    The waiting is painful. My Spyder RT arrived at the dealer in mid-April. In mid-May they told me parts would show up late June. Two weeks later they called and told me parts came in and on June 1 I picked mine up. So I waited about 6 weeks in the end. Did you get an RT or F3? Anecdotally, it seems like F3 parts have a shorter wait than RT parts.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Just wanted to get a feel for how many 2022 Spyders and Rykers are on the way.
    If you have one on order or better yet, already received your 2022 please give us a shout.

Enjoy your Ryde Time. Hopefully your wait time will be short. .......

Thanks for Posting.
    We got one! (actually 2!)

Ordered an F3-T and F3-L last September. Had to wait for a February delivery... March... April... Finally arrived mid April, then the missing parts in May. . Been riding about 4 weeks... so worth the wait!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

I had ordered my 2022 RTL last December. Delivery has already been delayed three times. Last week I talked to the manager and agreed that if it doesn't arrive complete and ready to go by end of July, they would keep my substantial deposit and apply it to a 2023 model instead.

I have already missed 3 months of riding season. The riding season doesn't last very long here. I would rather not take delivery for the sake of a month or two of riding.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    The waiting is painful. My Spyder RT arrived at the dealer in mid-April. In mid-May they told me parts would show up late June. Two weeks later they called and told me parts came in and on June 1 I picked mine up. So I waited about 6 weeks in the end. Did you get an RT or F3? Anecdotally, it seems like F3 parts have a shorter wait than RT parts.
    I got an F3S

Spyder Garage

No link. The specifics of the bike (dealer printout of bike specifics) had the vin on it. Sorry if confusing...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:53 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gokyu451 View Post
    Ordered an F3-T and F3-L last September. Had to wait for a February delivery... March... April... . Finally arrived mid April, then the missing parts in May . Been riding about 4 weeks... so worth the wait!
    Glad you finally received your Spyder.

Welcome to the Spyder Forum.
    Please post up offen.
    Have a Blessed Day and Stay Healthy. .....

Spyder Garage

Ordered a 2022 RT Limited, Deep Marsala Red and Chrome, in March. It came in late May but it is missing components. First I was told that the Instrument cluster was not there but when I got frustrated last week called again I was told this time that the missing components are the windshield control module. Dearler told me that the components should come in early July.
    2022 Spyder RT Limited , Deep Marsala / Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GFrog View Post
    I had ordered my 2022 RTL last December. Delivery has already been delayed three times. Last week I talked to the manager and agreed that if it doesn't arrive complete and ready to go by end of July, they would keep my substantial deposit and apply it to a 2023 model instead.

I have already missed 3 months of riding season. The riding season doesn't last very long here. I would rather not take delivery for the sake of a month or two of riding.
    Talk more with the dealer. I know you don't want to take delivery of a 2022 then park it to sit over the winter, but I think it's a gamble that all the supply chain issues will suddenly be fixed for 2023 models and they'll ship without any delays.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    Talk more with the dealer. I know you don't want to take delivery of a 2022 then park it to sit over the winter, but I think it's a gamble that all the supply chain issues will suddenly be fixed for 2023 models and they'll ship without any delays.
    I'll be calling the dealer again at the end of July to see how things are going. If it's delivered in August with Missing parts, I may as well wait for a 2023. Hopefully they'll have the logistics and parts issues mostly fixed. If not, it still is going to be a new model and less depreciation if ever I want to trade it in 3 or 4 years.

We'll see I it goes.

Spyder Garage

I'll be calling the dealer again at the end of July to see how things are going. If it's delivered in August with Missing parts, I may as well wait for a 2023. Hopefully they'll have the logistics and parts issues mostly fixed. If not, it still is going to be a new model and less depreciation if ever I want to trade it in 3 or 4 years.

We'll see I it goes.
    I agree with you GFrog. By the end of July (and assuming one month to receive parts) you will be into September before delivery. I would do the exact same thing! China is getting ready to open up. No matter what. They need the money just like every other country on the planet. These supply chain issues won't last much longer.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    There's no place like G28 X0 Y0 Z0

Spyder Garage

We'll see I it goes.
    I would like to think that BRP would get all the parts out to dealers for the 2022 models before announcing the 2023 models.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    I would like to think that BRP would get all the parts out to dealers for the 2022 models before announcing the 2023 models.
    I would also like to believe that BRP will be able to supply all the missing parts, but I am somewhat skeptical.

According to Shawn Smoaks, who was invited by BRP to do some Can-Am On Road commercials on 2023 models, BRP will announce the new models in August. He also said that he would be allowed to release videos of his 2023 commercial shot adventures in Vancouver Canada on his YouTube Vlog site.

So for those who haven't received the 2022 by then, the new models may persuade them to wait instead.

We'll see what happens.
    Last edited by GFrog; 06-21-2022 at 05:41 PM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So for those who haven't received the 2022 by then, the new models may persuade them to wait instead.
    If enough buyers take that approach then there may end up being a good supply of 2022s in the fall, which just may mean great prices and/or rebates!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    If enough buyers take that approach then there may end up being a good supply of 2022s in the fall, which just may mean great prices and/or rebates!
    .....or higher prices for the new 2023’s

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Excellent point! There will be great opportunities for those who haven't ordered anything yet.

Spyder Garage

My dealer took in the crated 2022 F3-T late April. I put down a deposit on it May 11th. Got the call late today that the parts to finish her are in. Will be picking it up this Friday. All the Spyders my dealer has in crates waiting for parts are sold, not to mention Water craft and ATV"s that are also waiting on parts. This was worth the wait and I look forward to a summer of learning to ride my first 3 wheeler. At my advancing age I would not want to wait another year to enjoy riding. I really do not think there will be a lot of 2022's left next year and I doubt the price of the 23's will not go up. Hope all of you still waiting on parts will get them soon.

Update: I was able to pick up my F3-T yesterday as the dealer got her together early. First Spyder after 50 years on 2 wheels. Put about 70 miles on her and there is a learning curve, but I am really happy so far.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Inserted spaces after punctuation....

Spyder Garage

My dealer called last week and said they had a F3L ordered for a customer since Fall, and it just arrived (with all the parts, yay!) and the customer couldn't get financed .... So, out with the '21 RT and in with the '22 F3L. Currently I have ridden it home (28 miles of bliss) and it is torn apart in the garage awaiting a large shipment from Lamonsters Garage of 7 or 8 items; a Madstad windshield; and Bakers mirror and leg Wings, all due to arrive UPS tomorrow.

Let the modifications begin! As you can tell by my signature, this will be the first F3 I have owned in 11 Spyders (yes, I have a problem lol). I bought it without a test ride but based on how I "fit". 5 miles in I was kicking myself for not switching earlier. Can't wait to pile on miles. So far, I am not a huge fan of the dark matte finish.... the gas tank cowl is gloss black, the trunk lid is gloss black, I may wrap the hood gloss for some contrast.

IMG_5625.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:57 PM.
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5