Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I ordered a ‘22 RT Limited in October. My 1st ship date was Feb/March. Then a couple of dates in May. Recently my date changed to 6/30/22. I’m in MN so our riding season’s short. Disappointed I won’t be riding until July.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

..Well my understanding of the 'New List' is for a person who doesn't want to wait anymore.
    As some Forum members have posted, this waiting game is not fun. The ryding season is starting and no Spyder to Ryde.

Not sure if every dealer will make the offer.
    Find something else that works for you now.
    A year or two down the road, make a new deal.

Hopefully this Covid-19 issue will pass. ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:26 PM.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    ..Well my understanding of the 'New List' is for a person who does want to wait anymore.
    As some Forum members have posted, this waiting game is not fun. The ryding season is starting and no Spyder to Ryde.

Not sure if every dealer will make the offer.
    Find something else that works for you now.
    A year or two down the road make a new deal.

Hopefully this covid-19 issue will pass. ....
    I still don't get it. Why would a "new list" get a trike earlier than people who preordered? Are preorders being cancelled by customers? Is the dealership cancelling preorders then reselling them with a markup (highly unethical if they are)? I can't seem to make sense of the "new list." Dealers aren't going to get any more Spyders or earlier delivery just because they start a new list. BRP has sold all planned production units to dealers at this point, so dealers won't get more 2022s than they already ordered. This doesn't mean dealers don't have unsold units--most probably still have unsold units they ordered for their own stock based on what they anticipated selling this season (dealers place orders in the fall after the new models are announced). Maybe I'm overthinking and the new list is just the unsold dealer stock they were planning to use to fill up the showroom--but I assume every dealer will take deposits on unsold units they expect to arrive over the summer.

My RT Spyder came early (although still waiting on a couple of parts). I wonder if this is a case where fewer options on the base model equates to faster delivery since many of the options on the more expensive models require additional computer chips/electronics (just a thought--I have no idea). I only considered this since most people I here getting delayed to June/July have higher end RTL and Sea to Sky models (extra lighting, extra speakers, self-leveling rear when riding 2 up).
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Pre-ordered in Sept for a '22 F3T and it has been pushed back 5 times since and was last told end of May (for AZ). After the dealer told us that ( and no other info on why) I shopped around and actually found a '21 at a dealer that was a new arrival/ trade in with 679 miles. We took it! Canceled at the other dealer and got our deposit back. While I was shopping around, I did find on BRP on-road's website a message from the CEO explaining the situation. Tells us way more than the Dealers will say. So Happy we found one and are happily riding and not waiting... Cause I could just see it going another month, then another month and so on where we could end up us telling them to put that deposit toward a '23.
    MAY THE ROAD GO ON FOREVER...
    ...AND THE JOURNEY NEVER END

21 F3T , Titanium

Spyder Garage

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vRhsU1Bfgo.

All of this talk about incomplete Spyders and such are explained here. If you don't want to watch the entire video just watch from minute 8 to 9. All of the views and fears expressed on this site by some is unjustified. I have been stating this as my opinion and it has not changed. I will be happy to get my '22 in a couple of weeks and be glad I waited for it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:27 PM.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vRhsU1Bfgo.

All of this talk about incomplete Spyders and such are explained here. If you don't want to watch the entire video just watch from minute 8 to 9. All of the views and fears expressed on this site by some is unjustified. I have been stating this as my opinion and it has not changed. I will be happy to get my '22 in a couple of weeks and be glad I waited for it.
    Unjustified?
    FACT: Most of the folks who ordered 2022 models are still waiting with 1/3 of 2022 passed.
    FACT: The 2022s that are arriving are incomplete - maybe the parts are minor or trivial. But a spoon is pretty insignificant as well, until you order soup. Without these minor items - you won't be enjoying your ride or meal.
    FACT: While folks make excuses for BRP - the riding season is passing them by. And my "2nd choice" 2021 is getting ridden every day.
    No regrets - other than waiting as long as I did to cancel the 2022 order.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2021 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

... I understand people are saying that this season has been somewhat difficult for us.
    New Spyder's are not happening very well.
    The delivery dates are being pushed back.

If you have a Spyder to Ryde keep it till you get your new unit. Otherwise, you may not have a Ryde Time this season.

I am keeping my Spyder and going to be getting some "wind therapy".
    You make the tuff decision on what to do. .....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

If this was only a BRP problem--I'd agree with you. But the entire auto industry is in the same mess. Have you been by a car lot lately? They hardly have anything in stock. If you order a popular model, be prepared to wait for months. Ford has been shipping Explorers without chips (like rear-seat climate control) and telling customers they'll install missing features later when the chips are available. GM is sending out trucks without the heated seat and active fuel-management chips. There are acres of new cars just sitting because they're missing parts. I know a guy that put in an order for an F-150 King Ranch and was told it would be a minimum of 8 months. Another friend wanted an Acura and was told the waiting list was 1 year.

Just in time manufacturing and minimal inventory was an awesome idea that freed up a lot of cash for auto companies--but then covid happened, companies shut down factories and fired workers, and have struggled starting back up and so there's a chip shortage. Not to mention that Ukraine has a lot of wiring harness factories that aren't functioning. Most of those wiring harnesses are used in European cars, but manufacturers are trying to balance production so some of the harnesses from Mexico that feed North American production are being diverted to Europe. All of this has caused used car prices to go through the roof, just like used Spyder prices.

The supply chain for vehicles is global, and the world is a mess right now. Would I rather be riding my toy today that was delivered in March as I was originally told? If I had found a 2021 at a fair price would I have bought it? Yep, no doubt. But if I have to wait a couple more weeks while BRP acquires parts (which they're air freighting so they don't sit on the ocean for 2 months), then I'll be patient.
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

I ordered my F3 Limited Special Series in mid December. Delivery date was March, pushed back to May, and now to July.

Update: Should be picking it up tomorrow!
    Last edited by cjones; 05-10-2022 at 10:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Just got the long-awaited call from my dealer - letting me lnow I can expect to ryde my rally by the end of next week. yeeha!!! - finally no more waiting (had to wait 8 months).
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I ordered a ‘22 RT Limited in October. My 1st ship date was Feb/March. Then a couple of dates in May. Recently my date changed to 6/30/22. I’m in MN so our riding season’s short. Disappointed I won’t be riding until July.
    Don't feel too bad Moose, my 2022 F3 Special is sitting at the dealer waiting for those parts. Of course it's frustrating but in the long run I know I'm paying less for new than most are paying for used these days and I'm retired from business finance, it's more likely than not that high prices are going to stick around for years.
    Vince F in Niagara Falls
    2022 Spyder F3 Special Edition
    2020 Ryker Rally, sold
    2022 F3S , Stock Lamonster black diamond Monolith Black Satin

Spyder Garage

Well.. ordered in September with a floating ship date that moved from Feb to March to April 11 to May 31. Then I got a call from the dealer this week that said it was being shipped yesterday (April 20). At least she and I are in the same state, even if she needs the windshield module.

IMG_60912.jpg
    --
    Bob L.
    Worcester County Massachusetts
    www.rk-mass2.org

Spyder Garage

Not a Spyder but Ryker - got the long awaited call from my dealer a day ago. Yeeha!!! End of next week I should be able to ryde (after having waited 8 months - 1st - January, then February/ March which became end of April/ beginning of May).
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase

Spyder Garage

RT1.jpg

My RT is at the dealer and built--minus the windshield motor and reverse solenoid. Shouldn't be much longer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Pre-ordered 2022 RTL, Marsala Red on 8/21/2021. Original delivery estimate of 4/2022. That has now turned into a ship date of 5/31/2022. Anxious but I’ve learned patience. It took 5 months for my special order 2021 F150 to arrive and I waited to save cash for my most recent new snowmobile. 20 years between new sleds. It pays to be patient. This is my first Spyder. It is replacing (you don’t really replace a VMax) a 2010 Yamaha VMax Gen II. The wife and I are looking forward to riding together which was rare on the VMax due to lack of comfort and storage space. Everyone that has a Can Am on road product ordered, it’ll be worth the wait! Good luck, hope it’s a short wait and happy riding!
    2022 RTL , Deep Marsala Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As others have said, Spyders aren't the only vehicles in tight supply. A morning coffee friend's wife was driving her Mercedes in a local parking lot when some yahoo T-boned her. Replacing all the air bags that blew would have cost $20,000 so insurance totaled it. Off for a new car search. The Mercedes dealer called and said they had just received 3 new SUVs, the first new vehicles in 17 months. Needless to say, his wife got there as quick as she could and bought one. Think of that, NO new Mercedes Benz vehicles in seventeen months!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I am patiently waiting to get back on the road after selling my 2009 RS Spyder in 2016. I preordered the F3 S in Oct. and after a few calls to the dealer, I have learned to only call about the status of my order when I want to be sorely disappointed.
    2022 F3-SS , Manta Green/ Black

Spyder Garage

I ordered the 22 Spyder RT Limited in the Marsala Dark back in February /March of this year. I was told 2 weeks since they had 4 coming in. I went last Wednesday and was told 12 more weeks. So my husband and I started to call dealerships around Tennessee and after the 15th phone call, we actually found one in Gainesville, Georgia. I sold my 21 Ryker Rally 900 in less than 2 hours on Facebook to someone in Alabama. He literally meet us the next day with his semi at the dealership.

Spyder Garage

Man, can you believe it that May is just around the corner. Four Days to be exact.
    Hopefully members will receive their Spyders soon. ....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

I feel sorry for you guys. I ordered my 2020 F3S-SS in January 2020 just before Covid hit. Who knew? Was supposed to be delivered in early March 2020. Covid hits, the plant closes for a while and no shipments from Canada. I had to wait until mid April before it arrived - and that was killing me at the time! At least it came in with all the parts, there were no parts constraints yet. Getting the Spyder was the best thing to happen during Covid. We could go out and go for rides and not feel like we were locked up.
    I hope all your Spyders and parts arrive soon!

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Ordered my ST L two weeks ago and the dealer told me his inventory was shipping on 4/22. He also told me parts would be missing and I wouldn't get the bike right away. I'll wait a couple of weeks to find out the status. I'm Ok with it as long as I see the bike in a couple of months. But another dealer told me something interesting. When dealers receive their inventory the bikes go on "floor plan". Basically they pay interest on the inventory until they sell the bike and pay the bank or the manufacturer. The dealer told me since BRP is delivering the bikes with missing parts the are not charging the dealer floor plan until the bike is complete and can be sold. Meanwhile like everyone else I'm waiting for my bike.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

That's interesting about them not having to pay interest on the inventory. At the same time, I'm sure they're just as anxious to deliver these to customers as we are to get them--we want Spyders and they want cash!
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

We are tired of waiting, riding season is here, and these will be our first Spyders. This is why my wife and I were looking around. I just picked up a '21 RT which was new in Colorado and canceled my '22. My wife found another '21 RT with 1700 miles in San Diego and just put up a deposit and we are going picking up in 2 weeks and going to cancel her '22 this weekend.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cwhowardjr17 View Post
    We are tired of waiting, riding season is here, and these will be our first Spyders. This is why my wife and I were looking around. I just picked up a '21 RT which was new in Colorado and canceled my '22. My wife found another '21 RT with 1700 miles in San Diego and just put up a deposit and we are going picking up in 2 weeks and going to cancel her '22 this weekend.
    I would only wait if I had a Spyder to Ryde.
    For those who don't have something to Ryde it's going to be tuff.
    Hope this wait time is short. .....
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-21-2024 at 09:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

A local dealer near me has a 2020 RTL with 1000 miles they're asking $30k, 2019 RTL with only 335(what!) miles for $27.6k and a 2019 F3-T with 8k miles they want $27.6k. All of them look stock and no upgrades are listed in the descriptions. Yep--not cancelling, the used prices just aren't worth it. Mine's been at the dealer waiting for parts for more than 2 weeks now--keeping my fingers crossed they'll call me any day now with word on parts delivery!
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver