Spyder Garage

Default Trailer ID - is this an RT-622?

Not familiar with the Can-Am trailers. Can someone confirm that this is or is not a RT 622?

The owner say's it's a Freedom but I don't think so. Also notice the tongue. Is this normal, an option or something someone else did? It seems to be able to move one way or another.

Last question, if I purchase this could I just pull it back home with a regular Silverado or would the ball be too high to allow that? I know if I had help it would fit into the bed but then I would also need help to take it out.

Thanks

275936257_10157967783495738_8754610988852286004_n.jpg
    RT 622 2.jpg
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

29D6E8F2-3BFB-4DDA-81D1-0CC1DC3FE9AF.jpg
    Definitely a 622. The tongue curve is normal and you would need to be real careful on the hitch height of your Silverado. The back end clearance of the 622 would be real close to scraping if your truck hitch isn’t dropped. I have the exact trailer, love it!
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    29D6E8F2-3BFB-4DDA-81D1-0CC1DC3FE9AF.jpg
    Definitely a 622. The tongue curve is normal and you would need to be real careful on the hitch height of your Silverado. The back end clearance of the 622 would be real close to scraping if your truck hitch isn’t dropped. I have the exact trailer, love it!
    Looking at the tongue curve closely you'll see something else, maybe a stand or something? The pic is not good enough to tell.

Also how would I tell if it has the water management system?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yes that is a stand open it up should have a tray between both with tubes under going down thru fenders

Spyder Garage

I agree, that is the tongue stand. Odd they aren't using it? As for the water management system, open the rear lid, and look at the base of the lid. If the water management system is installed you’ll see how water would run off lid when open and into a “tray” inside that has a tube to let the run out through the floor of the trailer. Also, based on that round wiring connector, I’m guessing it is a 2010 or 2011? You would most likely need to replace that with the more common nd current 4 square plug end to mat ch up to you spyder.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Looked at and purchased the trailer this morning. It does have the water management system and is a 2011 model.

Spyder Garage

Default My curiosity has gotten the best of me.....

now that I seen a few different types of trailer plugs being mentioned here. ( Square, Round, Flat )

Question is......... do all Spyders come standard with Trailer Plug, or are these aftermarket installs?

I have one installed on my 2014 RT, it is the 4 Square plug. The previous owner took off the hitch for his other replacement Spyder, so I am more curious, than anything.

Thanks all.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Not familiar with the Can-Am trailers. Can someone confirm that this is or is not a RT 622?

The owner say's it's a Freedom but I don't think so. Also notice the tongue. Is this normal, an option or something someone else did? It seems to be able to move one way or another.

Last question, if I purchase this could I just pull it back home with a regular Silverado or would the ball be too high to allow that? I know if I had help it would fit into the bed but then I would also need help to take it out.

Thanks

275936257_10157967783495738_8754610988852286004_n.jpg
    RT 622 2.jpg

Nice looking trailer there, K80SHooter!

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    Nice looking trailer there, K80SHooter!
    Thanks.... Honestly I feel like I stole it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

your probably need a five wire plug

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post

now that I seen a few different types of trailer plugs being mentioned here. ( Square, Round, Flat )

Question is......... do all Spyders come standard with Trailer Plug, or are these aftermarket installs?

I have one installed on my 2014 RT, it is the 4 Square plug. The previous owner took off the hitch for his other replacement Spyder, so I am more curious, than anything.

Thanks all.
    The wiring on the spyder side is not included with the spyder and you need to add on. The current, since 2013 I believe, can am style connector is the 4 square type. That’s also what comes standard on the freedom trailers. Some of the more advance electrical members here have gone from most any spyder side connector to all sorts of different trailer connectors. When I bought my 622 it had a round connector and I had my dealer switch it to the 4 square that matched the new spyder side wiring module that I added to my 2014 rts. No regrets and we love the trailer. We had it repainted to match our pearl white model and are planning to have it painted again to match our 2022 chalk rts limited when it arrives.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i am not sure how there is one wire each turn signals one for brake one for running one for ground unless they grounded thru the ball not sure i would like that

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey K80. The operator's manual for the 2011 RT622 is here. The pin-out for the wiring is on page 29.

https://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/...hp?modelId=802

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    The wiring on the spyder side is not included with the spyder and you need to add on. The current, since 2013 I believe, can am style connector is the 4 square type. That’s also what comes standard on the freedom trailers. Some of the more advance electrical members here have gone from most any spyder side connector to all sorts of different trailer connectors. When I bought my 622 it had a round connector and I had my dealer switch it to the 4 square that matched the new spyder side wiring module that I added to my 2014 rts. No regrets and we love the trailer. We had it repainted to match our pearl white model and are planning to have it painted again to match our 2022 chalk rts limited when it arrives.

Brentc, thank you for the info. Love your combo as well. Looks SHARP together.

As I mentioned, the previous owner had removed the hitch before I purchased it, but the 4 Square plug is already there. So that's a definite plus for me. Just wasn't sure of the different years for the trailer connectors, as I seen they varied. And an easy fix to change out, if needed.

I have been looking at the trailers and was thinking that one never knows what the future holds as far as venturing out and doing a bit of traveling. Would need some extra cargo space.

From doing a bit of comparison between the RT622, The Freedom, and the Lugg and Roll Trailer.... all nice looking trailers, looks as though they would all fit the bill pretty well. Just to find the best deal.

Thanks again.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink It's complicated

The RT-622 wiring harnesses are country-specific. USA is 4-wire, CAN is 5-wire and AUS is 6-wire. I saw on CycleTrader an RT-622 selling in FL with the CAN harness.

USA -- Brake/Turn are combined and Red
    CAN -- Brake (Red) and Turn (Amber) separate
    AUS -- same as CAN plus Backup (White)

My 2014 RT-S came with an adapter module using a round 9-pin connector which accommodated all three harnesses (I'm modifying my RT-622 harness to the AUS configuration). Don't know what BRP did in 2020.
    Last edited by BertRemington; 03-18-2022 at 10:39 PM. Reason: clarified adapter module
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Spyder Garage

My wife's 2013 RT had the OEM hitch and harness while my 2014 ST had no hitch. When I had my 2019 F3S I put Pierre's hitch and harness and modified the 622's harness to have both square and flat plugs. For my wife's new 2020 RT I built my own harness (with flat plug) as we already put an aftermarket harness and fuse box for auxiliary lights. My new F3T will have the OEM hitch and harness so we'll both be able to pull the trailer no matter what kind of harness.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited