Spyder Garage

Default How many miles/seasons should stock Tires last? Replacement options?

Newbie here, got my 2021 Ryker 600 back around last August. Had some questions regarding the tires:

-Roughly how many miles/seasons should the stock tires last, with intermittent use (say driving around 30 miles a day, 3 days a week)?

-Any recommended brand/type/size for replacement other than the stock?
    2021 , Galactic Blue

Spyder Garage

It will depend on a lot of things, how you drive, road conditions, tire pressures, ect,ect!! And on the differant tires for your bike do a search at the top of the home page there are thousands of tire threads, and you will need a lot of coffee, or beer to get threw them!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Ballpark info on OEM tires. Fronts good for 20K. Rear between 8K and 15K. Depends on how you drive them. This info is based on MY experience with seven (7) spyders. I have used mostly OEM tires for mine.

30 miles a day x 365 = approx 11K per year. Do the math here.

If you drive little to none....tires should be changed out every three to four years. No matter how fresh they "look." They can self destruct if they are to old.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The fact is OEM Kenda tires are CRAP ..... they are weakly made and have the worst " DEFECTIVE " tire rate of any mass produced tire - PERIOD ..... Although I hate Kenda tires and have said so for a decade, I have extensive knowledge about TIRES and will say and have said many times ... Properly aligned tires used on the front will last 20 to 22,000 mi. ( an Auto tire of the same size approx. 10 to 20,000 miles more - I now have over 40,000 mi. on front mounted Altimax RT 43 ) ...... The rear Spyder tires will wear much quicker, as said above ..... But I will be honest here ....there have been folks who have reported tire wear that is almost un-believable, WHY ??? is that .... the only thing I can come up with is - whereever they are riding, ie. the geography, temperature, weight, riding style, etc. appears to have an effect on over-all tire wear..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-14-2022 at 07:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

ARtraveller & Blueknight - you both give experience on Spyder tyres - OP asks for experience with Ryker tyres. I can imagine that Ryker tyre use: mileage & recommended brand/type/size for replacement other than the stock are different for a Ryker than a Spyder.
    Ryker Rally 2022 - customized into a very special one of a kind touring edition .
    H&R swaybar + end links - F4 16" windshield - warning lights - scuff plate - jockey shifter - Commander floorboards - - Big Eye mirrors - BLR overflow - Spyderextras driver backrest - custom build racks - MoskoMoto backcountry panniers & Givi topcase

Spyder Garage
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I doubt they're that much different. The front tires of a ryker do the same work as a spider. The back tire, however, is driven by a cvt instead of a geared tranny. I suspect that may see more wear.
    I took their feedback as good info as both bike types are similar.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    ARtraveller & Blueknight - you both give experience on Spyder tyres - OP asks for experience with Ryker tyres. I can imagine that Ryker tyre use: mileage & recommended brand/type/size for replacement other than the stock are different for a Ryker than a Spyder.
    NO ..... both veh's are of similar design and both suffer from the use of " crappy " Kenda tires. Since we both recommend using Auto tires the PSI we suggerst applies to both veh's ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The rear tire is available from a few manufacturers and usually less than $150.

This is a worthwhile upgrade while doing mods to your Ryker.
    2021 , generic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Rear Tire

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson View Post
    Newbie here, got my 2021 Ryker 600 back around last August. Had some questions regarding the tires:

-Roughly how many miles/seasons should the stock tires last, with intermittent use (say driving around 30 miles a day, 3 days a week)?

-Any recommended brand/type/size for replacement other than the stock?
    From the Data posted: 1 to 3 years or 7,000 to 11,000 Miles.
    Over to you........................
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue