Spyder Garage

Default What replacement Front speakers will fit?

I have a 2016 F3-T and the front speakers are blown. I pulled them out but can not find a good replacement, the size seams to be 4.5" across the face or 5" from the center of a flange hole to opposite flange hole center. Does anyone know what speaker will fit, I can not ride without tunes!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-14-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - this is a 'What should I use?' question not a 'How To: DIY' guide. ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tflatt View Post
    I have a 2016 F3-T and the front speakers are blown. I pulled them out but can not find a good replacement, the size seams to be 4.5" across the face or 5" from the center of a flange hole to opposite flange hole center. Does anyone know what speaker will fit, I can not ride without tunes!
    I have always found the Spyders stereo to be horrible. I am looking into doing a full upgrade on mine. I want some freaking bass.

I have heard that they are proprietary speaker sizes, so some Dremelling is required. Someone will pipe up with specifics.
    2018 F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I swapped out my OEM speakers 7+ yrs. ago .... I replaced them with ( non-marine ) 5.25 in JBL models ( which have bee up-graded a few times since then. Others have followed my lead and swapped theirs .... The Speakers they make today do NOT absorb water 60, 000 mi. and my speakers are still great.... My JBL's were ....2 OHM ... models, not 4ohm like the OEM's .... The doubld the WATT output to Approx. 36 watts.( from 18 ) ... it would take too long to explain THE why THIS OCCURS .... BUT IT DOES ..... I also increased the rear speakers to 5.25 size ... it was easy ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    I have always found the Spyders stereo to be horrible. I am looking into doing a full upgrade on mine. I want some freaking bass.

I have heard that they are proprietary speaker sizes, so some Dremelling is required. Someone will pipe up with specifics.
    " some freaking BASS " - not with any speakers smaller than ...." EIGHT " inhes..... " proprietary sizes " .... ONLY the rear ones ..... I made changes to my stereo for about $ 300 +/- ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I do not think 5.25" speakers will fit mounting holes are 4.5" apart

Spyder Garage

Are you running the OEM amp and head unit, I was told that running 2 ohm could overheat the head unit due to the extra current draw.

Spyder Garage

Are you running the OEM amp and head unit, I was told that running 2 ohm could overheat the head unit due to the extra current draw.
    NO, I still have the stock stereo and no extra AMP ..... I was told 10 years ago ...2 ohms wouldn't work .... An engineer at JBL said it would .... 60,000 mi. later on my RT and they are still GREAT .... Some folks here have heard my stereo from 250 ft. distance and were Astounded by it ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I do not think 5.25" speakers will fit mounting holes are 4.5" apart
    Mea Culpa ..... I missed the fact that you have an F-3 ..... I was able to this on my 14 RT ,.,.,,, sorry .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I swapped out my OEM speakers 7+ yrs. ago .... I replaced them with ( non-marine ) 5.25 in JBL models ( which have bee up-graded a few times since then. Others have followed my lead and swapped theirs .... The Speakers they make today do NOT absorb water 60, 000 mi. and my speakers are still great.... My JBL's were ....2 OHM ... models, not 4ohm like the OEM's .... The doubld the WATT output to Approx. 36 watts.( from 18 ) ... it would take too long to explain THE why THIS OCCURS .... BUT IT DOES ..... I also increased the rear speakers to 5.25 size ... it was easy ... Mike

So you have 5.25 in the front and rear?
    2018 F3L Cat Delete, Two Bros Pipe, Doc Humphreys Belt Tensioner and Pedal Extender, 17" Freedom Windshield, Spyder Extras Sway Bar & End Links
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by QuadRAGIN View Post
    So you have 5.25 in the front and rear?
    MY 14 RT had stock OEM 5.25 speakers in front .... I had to slightly enlarge the rear hole to fit the new 5.25 speakers ... From experience if you swap out speakers for better ones you MUST swap ALL of them .... otherwise the BAD ones are what you will hear .... OR dis-connect any OEM speakers ..... Mike