Spyder Garage

Default Best BT Helmet to run with BP Connect?

Trying to cut through all the noise. I am not interested in getting off in the technical weeds and reading endless arguments about obscure features. I am buying a 2022 F3 Limited in the next few weeks, and I want to know which BT enabled helmet(s) work best with BP Connect. I am trading in my current 2012 RTSE5 A&C model, which was pre-BRP Connect. Which maintains the best connectivity, has fullest functionality, and sounds the best on the road...in YOUR opinion? I am mostly looking at audio directions, phone, and music (good sound). I can always just run these functions through a BT synced phone and helmet, too. I realize that. Thanks a million!
    Last edited by Musashi; 03-11-2022 at 08:30 AM.

Spyder Garage

I use a Sena 50 and it works very well with the Spyder, phone, GPS all directly connected. I don't use BP Connect apps on my phone, just calls.

The speakers are JBL (far better than prior models).
    Last edited by RayBJ; 03-10-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I put the highest value on the helmet that best protects my coconut. I bought a Shoei Neotec II last year from the dealership that sold me my Spyder and they switched my at the time less than year old 20S EVO to it and it was an excellent swap, perfectly done for free. I did not want the Sena product that is designed for the Neotec II.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Trying to cut through all the noise. I am not interested in getting off in the technical weeds and reading endless arguments about obscure features. I am buying a 2022 F3 Limited in the next few weeks, and I want to know which BT enabled helmet(s) work best with BP Connect. I'm talking Sena, FreedConn, Cardo, etc. Which maintains the best connectivity, has fullest functionality, and sounds the best on the road...in YOUR opinion? I am mostly looking at audio directions, phone, and music (good sound). I can always just run these functions through a BT synced phone and helmet, too. I realize that. Thanks a million!
    I gotta agree with JayBros about choosing a helmet with the best protection first, and only then look at sorting the BT Comms....

To that end, while I don't have a Spyder with BRP Connect, I've found that one of the safest & quietest helmets available is the Shoei GT-Air II, and one of the best BT Comms systems at noise reduction/quality sound is the latest from UClear - like JayBros, I didn't like the integrated Shoei/Sena offering, and instead I use the UClear Motion6 system and get high quality sound with all the features/functionality/connectivity of other similar BT Comms products & sound quality somewhat better than most of them, especially when it comes to ambient noise interference/reduction. And if I happen to answer the phone while out ryding, not only can I hear the caller clearly, but I hafta tell them that I'm ryding, otherwise they simply won't be able to tell that I'm not talking to them from a quiet room somewhere....

Over to you - Good Hunting!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I gotta agree with JayBros about choosing a helmet with the best protection first, and only then look at sorting the BT Comms....

To that end, while I don't have a Spyder with BRP Connect, I've found that one of the safest & quietest helmets available is the Shoei GT-Air II, and one of the best BT Comms systems at noise reduction/quality sound is the latest from UClear - like JayBros, I didn't like the integrated Shoei/Sena offering, and instead I use the UClear Motion6 system and get high quality sound with all the features/functionality/connectivity of other similar BT Comms products & sound quality somewhat better than most of them, especially when it comes to ambient noise interference/reduction. And if I happen to answer the phone while out ryding, not only can I hear the caller clearly, but I hafta tell them that I'm ryding, otherwise they simply won't be able to tell that I'm not talking to them from a quiet room somewhere....

tic....tic....tic...

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Sorry Musashi, but just to clarify……..you mention “the best bluetooth helmet”, and then mention Sena, Cardo, Freedconn?. So are you actually after a helmet that comes with an integrated Bluetooth communicator, or are you after a 3rd party Bluetooth communicator to put on an existing helmet?

p.s. like Peter Aawen, I use the UClear Motion 6. No boom mike to get in the way, and works flawlessly with BRP Go……not that I use BRP Go any more…..too finicky for me. My Garmin XT does everything BRP Go does and more, and is far easier to start, connect, and keep connected.

Pete
    Last edited by Peteoz; 03-10-2022 at 09:20 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Sorry Musashi, but just to clarify……..you mention “the best bluetooth helmet”, and then mention Sena, Cardo, Freedconn?. So are you actually after a helmet that comes with an integrated Bluetooth communicator, or are you after a 3rd party Bluetooth communicator to put on an existing helmet?

p.s. like Peter Aawen, I use the UClear Motion 6. No boom mike to get in the way, and works flawlessly with BRP Go……not that I use BRP Go any more…..too finicky for me. My Garmin XT does everything BRP Go does and more, and is far easier to start, connect, and keep connected.

Pete
    I'm primarily looking at integrated helmets -- a single purchase. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

I understand the helmet part just fine, thanks. I am seeking experience-based advice about integrated BT helmets that work best with the BRP GO app and provide good sound quality.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I put the highest value on the helmet that best protects my coconut. I bought a Shoei Neotec II last year from the dealership that sold me my Spyder and they switched my at the time less than year old 20S EVO to it and it was an excellent swap, perfectly done for free. I did not want the Sena product that is designed for the Neotec II.
    The Sena unit built for the Neotec II pretty much is a 20S EVO. Works good, but sometimes I do miss the wheel.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Most any BT headset will work with the bike's bluetooth. I wouldn't touch an integrated helmet as I like the idea that if I damage the helmet I can get a new one and not have to buy a new headset as well.

This video compares Cardo with Sena.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red