Spyder Garage

Default 8th Annual Memorial Ride of Wife's Passing Headed from WI to Oklahoma this year

Each June I ride with 3 of my friends on a memorial ride. 2 of us had wives who passed at younger ages. (I'm fortunate to have remarried a wonderful woman). This year the hope is to ride down into Oklahoma before heading back east into the Ozarks. Anyone from Oklahoma or who has toured there that has some roads/landmarks to suggest. We are starting to map out our route. Thanks. Think spring for us up here in the north!

Dave

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

Look up the Talimena Trail, it's a spectacular ride.

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

I should add that my ride now is a 2016 RTL. I'll have to figure out how to update my profile.

Spyder Garage

Not from Oklahoma but from Kansas and I ride down in Oklahoma and Arkansas regularly. Highway 59 at Miami, Oklahoma to junction with Highway 10 then 10 to Tahlequah, OK is a nice ride then back on 59 at Tahlequah to Ok 1 at the beginning of the Talimena Drive is not that bad either. Talimena Drive is really nice riding. Be sure your tires are in good shape since those chip sealed roads in Arkansas will eat your tires away. You could stay on 59 all the way to Tahlequah but it is not nearly as nice as 10. If you get on Talimena Drive at Highway 259 you will miss about half of the drive so don't do that. On the Arkansas side there are so many routes that it is hard to know where to start. In Arkansas there is 23 and 7 the best known roads and many many others too numerous to mention. If you want or need comments about the Arkansas roads just let me know and I will post further and we have a member who lives in Arkansas who may want to comment.
    Last edited by Bartender; 03-10-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky