Spyder Garage

Spyder Spyder ST 2013 Radio - do I have one?

I have a 2013 ST and with NO radio. the dash has a place when I go through the mode button the dash screen skips the radio. QUESTION
    Is there a radio in the bike? do I active it at a dealer? Can it be actived or do I need to buy a new radio and have installed?

THANKS.

Daniel

Spyder Garage

Can't help much with your question, altho I think only the Limited spec ST's got the radio, so if your's isn't a Limited, that'll be why & you'll need to buy the module from a Dealer (IF you can still even get one?!? ) - it should be a plug & play exercise to fit, once you get all the tupperware off to access where it hasta go!

That aside, I sent you a PM explaining what's happened to your post (now thread) Daniel - just click on the flashing Red Notification symbol up the top left of the screen to get to your Inbox.

Cheers, & again, Welcome to the Forum & Posting.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I looked into this a bit with my 2013 ST. The information I was able to gather at the time is that there is a module that installs under the dash that is missing as well as the physical speakers themselves. So unlike Cruise Control that you can DIY enable with relatively little effort, the radio requires that you purchase a difficult-to-find module and speakers. If you do go that route the speakers themselves are an odd size.. on the ST they are 4" which is NOT the same as typical "4 inch" speakers that you would buy for a car which are actually 4.125"

If I remember correctly marine-grade waterproof 4" speakers fit it, but the radio module will still be an issue. All the wiring is there in the bike for the speakers and radio, however, if you can find the module and speakers to fit. IMO some of the aftermarket options or a helmet bluetooth option is probably more bang for your buck
    2021 Spyder F3-T - Pearl White
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I just put my 2014 STS SE5 on the road this week and when I flip thru the mode button the radio thing comes up also. It has what look to be speakers also, but it does not have a radio. If it did it would have to have a antenna, right? I looked on line just to get a idea and the price to get one is crazy money. Good luck finding one.

Spyder Garage

A Cardo or Sena unit with speakers added to your helmet will cost you about $120. Paired to your phone, you will get an FM tuner (Cardo has this option through the app, not sure about Sena) and ability to play your music or stream music through the SiriusXM, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Pandora, etc. Pretty much anything you can play on your phone you can play through one of these systems.

I prefer a standalone integrated radio unit on my bikes, but this opens up the ability to play music and podcasts on a bike that does not offer that.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan