Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I just put my OEM opener in the glove box .... KISS .... but you did a nice job ..... Mike
    They also make small ones that fit on a keychain. Hit 2 buttons and they are programmed! Here is one for my liftmaster but they have others depending on what color your learn button is.https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Spyder Garage

I had the Mo-Door on the wife’s 2018 RT Limited; correct me if I’m wrong but Mo-Door does not yet make one that matches the 2022 switch style. I too am interested in where you got your matching switch. I need one with two momentary contacts to operate two devices.
    Gregg L
    2022 RT Limited, 2020 Indian Challenger Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Very nice. I did something similar on mine. The only difference is my CDO (that's OCD with the letters in correct alphabetic order) forced me to use an OEM switch. I used a windshield switch to get the momentary contact and colored in the windshield graphic. That way it has the arrows on it and it's also lit at night. I won't bother you with photos unless someone asks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreggL View Post
    I had the Mo-Door on the wife’s 2018 RT Limited; correct me if I’m wrong but Mo-Door does not yet make one that matches the 2022 switch style. I too am interested in where you got your matching switch. I need one with two momentary contacts to operate two devices.

OK, OK. So I posted a photo after all............
    The OEM windshield switch has lights, and the up and down positions are separate momentary switches that can be wired to different devices.

I may relocate the switches so the two heating devices are in the center of the console, with the two up and down switches to the upper left and upper right.

I couldn't stand it so I wound up relocating the switches.

Last edited by ThreeWheels; 03-08-2023 at 08:33 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    OK, OK. So I posted a photo after all............
    The OEM switch has lights, and the up and down positions are separate momentary switches that can be wired to different devices.

I may relocate the switches so the two heating devices are in the center of the console, with the two up and down switches to the upper left and upper right.
    Looks very slick, ThreeWheels

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

GreggL, Mo-Door does not sell one. I spoke with them and they told me that sling mods put together a Mo-Door option w/switch for the 2020+ Spyder RT Limited's. I just purchased one.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dmiles View Post
    How cool would it be to wire it in to the PTT switch!
    If you're adventurous, and have good dexterity to cut and solder PC board circuit traces, you can tap into the PTT switch. It can be done, but don't expect it to be a piece of cake.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

me too...no over-engineering for me
    Ride safe; shiny side up, greasy side down.

best,
    linguine

2020 RT Limited , Chalk Gray

Spyder Garage

Nice job! If I'm ever down to one vehicle other than my car, I may do that. Right now I would have to buy too many extra openers.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

HastingsRider,

Thanks - a little late on this reply for sure! Saw the Slingmods one, but just talked to EJ at Mo-Door about doing me up one that will open my garage door and driveway gate with a 2-position toggle. Might be pricey but they think they can do it. I'll keep everyone posted.
    Gregg L

Spyder Garage

I was going to install a mo-door unit with the rocker switch but need that spot for something else. I ended up installing the universal motorcycle unit from mo-door on our RT's. They are waterproof and don't "stick out" at all, the switch is small ribbon/compression switch which blends right in and the power supply is internal, no need for any additional wiring.

https://www.mo-door.com/store/p_3048...erproof-switch

Ken

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    Agree with just put a remote opener in the glove box. Mine is the aftermarket "2 door" opener type (I think Chamberlin brand) bought at home depot.
    Yup. I just velcroed mine to the cupped out area on the handlebar assembly. If it starts to Rain, I just pull it off & put it in my pocket. Simple.
    Last edited by Spyderman2018; 07-03-2023 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Misspelling

Spyder Garage

I have a Tailwind automatic garage door opener and bought sensors about the size of an apple air tag and put them in each vehicle and programmed it to open and close the door as I leave or approach the garage.
    2021 RTL , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Well, almost a year later, 2 remotes and cash sent, and not a peep from Mo-Door. Either they're out of business or not interested in customer service because my calls and emails go unanswered. So, never again will I do business with Mo-Door! Can't believe they ghosted me after such excellent initial contact and conversation last July.

Screw 'em...I bought one of these (same as my golf cart) and am going to modify the blank switch to make it fit in that spot. Plenty of room in there even if you move the blank to the upper right spot so that all the heated stuff is switched next to each other (great idea BTW).

https://www.amazon.com/GENHLBP1-Wire.../dp/B077NYF667
    Gregg L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I just put my OEM opener in the glove box .... KISS .... but you did a nice job ..... Mike
    I put mine in the glove box too. But used velcro so it is on the lid of the glove box.
    2018 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I have two openers for my garage door, but after a lightning strike in my front yard a few years ago, and a somewhat expensive visit from the garage door company, I only have one opener that works.

I thought I was going to have to "share" the opener between my Spyder and the Honda Ridgeline I usually drive, but while reading the garage door opener manual in order to attempt to program the second remote I discovered that my garage door opener is Homelink capable, and so is my Honda Ridgeline.

I still went ahead and tried to program the second remote, including replacing the battery in both remotes, but it didn't work.
    Configuring the garage door opener to communicate with the Ridgeline was a bit of a pain, since it requires going back and forth between the buttons in the Ridgeline and buttons on the garage door opener.
    I ended up placing a step ladder next to the Ridgeline and leaving the passenger door open. I did the button pushes in the Ridgeline, stepped out and up and did the button pushes on the garage door opener, rinse and repeat several times, and now the button in the Ridgeline works!

So the one working remote is in the glove box of my Spyder.
    I like the idea @acdcking12 suggested, of velcroing the remote to the inside of the glove box lid.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 Can-Am Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

I mounted my opener on the underside of the dash cowl using 3m-loc fasteners (from EZPass supply). Solid mount, easy reach, and easy to pop off.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Have a remote that has a hole for key ring. Just put it on a chain that hooks on each end to a belt loop. Wear the chain whichever bike I ride.
    Coastie

Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012
    2021 F3-S SS , Black, gray, & orange

Spyder Garage

Currently I'm using a single button remote programmed to my garage door. Seems to work fine, even when wearing gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091CMPJNW...roduct_details
    2024 Can Am Spyder RT Limited S2S

Spyder Embossed Gremlin Bell
    FOBO Bike 2 TPMS

Misc Items (Carried or Worn on Spyder):
    - Shoei Neotec 2 Helmets, Rider & Passenger w/ Cardo Packtalk Edge Comms
    - Foldable Cane
    - Accutire MS-4021B Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
    - Frarome Portable Air Compressor/Tire Inflator - USB Rechargeable
    - Hoxida Tactical Flashlight, USB rechargeable, 20000 Lumens