Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I, too, am 76. Could no longer do 2 wheels and bought a new F3L. I still miss the easy handling and sensation of the two wheels, but with the Spyder at least I can continue riding, hopefully for many more years. Not worried about ever selling. May even get a new one in a few years. I would buy new if your budget can handle it. Can't think of anything else to spend the money on that would be more important!
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

To quote Hunter S Thompson.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely,
    in a pretty and well preserved body.
    But rather skid it in broadside in a cloud of smoke,
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming.
    " WOW ! what a ride"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
    76 years old. I have 40 plus years on a two-wheeler but gave it up about 8 years ago when my balance was getting bad. I sure miss the riding. I still drive a lot and enjoy it. I'm seriously interested in a new RT. Mom rode with me all those years and misses going along too. Would I be foolish to buy a new Spyder? No idea how many years I have left to ride. Ideas? When the time comes are they hard to sell?
    Every day you are thinking about it is another day you are missing out on riding!

Spyder Garage

Come on, we all can't be wrong!!!! Go for it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Go for It

Go for a Spyder and do it now! ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I Guys !!

I'll be 75 soon, I have a lot of arthritis all over me, and I can't wait for the snow to clear up to ride.

FlyBoy2121
    2014 RT ltd , original original Cognac

Spyder Garage

Go for it. I switched to 3 at 64. The physical aspect of riding a Y is not the same as 2 but the fun and enjoyment factor is the same, if not better as you feel and are safer. If you can afford it, do it. I tend to buy the latest thing so my recommendation is to go with what your finances allow you.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

GOTOTYS, I agree with everyone, buy it, ride it, love it! I would buy a new Spyder RT Limited for its comfort, extra features and warranty. If you want to test drive go to the BRP website where you can find locations to attend training sessions for $99, booked through BRP. This is a 2 day event and you will become very familiar with the Spyder. You can go to https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...demo-ride.html to arrange for a demo ride at a dealer. I received an email about a week or so ago that had the schedule for BRP demo days at dealers throughout the US unfortunately I deleted it and can't find it on BRP's web page. Perhaps someone here has the link.

As far as selling it, just enjoy the ride!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    can't find it on BRP's web page. Perhaps someone here has the link.
    It's in Joe's Western Demo Ride thread in the vendors' subforum.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Go for it. I'm 76. I also road 2 wheelers for over 40 years. I ride an F3 limited. no regrets at all.

Spyder Garage

I have not posted anything before because I have little new to say. So if you don't do it now, when? You sound as if your health is good, mama would probably ride with you, your heirs will have to worry about selling it not you. So just do it. Once you get the past buyer's remorse you'll love being back in the wind, and you'll wonder why you waited 8 years. Do it, post pictures, and regale us with all the fun things you are doing.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I'm 59 and can't ride a 2 wheel bike because I have back problems. Bought my Spyder back in 2020 and love it. I hate that I live in the northeast because it sits in my garage for 6 months. I like 2 wheel bikes but to tell you the truth, I feel so much safer on my Spyder. It's got a bigger foot print, lots of lights (and always adding more), and comfortable. I don't have to worry about holding up a 900 pound bike at intersections.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have nothing new to add to this, so I’ll just sit back and watch. I’m 79 next month, and hopefully by that time I’ll have read what you’ve decided.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Spyder Never to old

I bought a 2012 RT 3 years ago when I was 73 years old. I had been wanting to ryde again for many years and never was able to get to it. I recently trailered it to Florida from North Carolina, weather was better for ryding but the traffic was a challenge, but we were able to enjoy many rydes. We came back last week and rode it here in the North Carolina Mountains last Sunday.

The point is don't wait to get your Spyder now it is never too late

Spyder Garage

Saddle up, buttercup!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies. Heading back to MN in May. Hopefully I'll find one there to take a test ride on, if not sooner. Sounds like everybody is pretty sold on them. I'll keep you posted. Don

Spyder Garage

If you enjoy the experience of riding a motorcycle then you should not give up on the idea of having a Spyder. I rode two wheels for literally 60 years and had many and varied bikes in the final years some seriously fast sport touring bikes. Last year I was in the hospital with Covid and when I got out knew I didn't have the leg strength to handle the motorcycle. Sold it and bought a 2019 RTL and will be forever glad I did that. Otherwise I would have been confined to automobiles. Took a little bit to get used to the Spyder but after 500 to 1000 miles it is just second nature to me. If you can find a Spyder to your liking you should go for it and you will never regret it. By the way, my 80th birthday was this January so I've got you beat on the years thing.
    Bartender
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the replies. Heading back to MN in May. Hopefully I'll find one there to take a test ride on, if not sooner. Sounds like everybody is pretty sold on them. I'll keep you posted. Don
    Why not try to find one in Texas to test ride… May is a while off..
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
    Why not try to find one in Texas to test ride… May is a while off..
    Not ready to buy it yet. I know after a ride I will probably want one. Have a truck, a fifth wheel a car and a wife and dog to go back to MN with. Doesn't seem to be many available here. Several dealers in MN have some coming in this April. Are they hard to get new?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not ready to buy it yet. I know after a ride I will probably want one. Have a truck, a fifth wheel a car and a wife and dog to go back to MN with. Doesn't seem to be many available here. Several dealers in MN have some coming in this April. Are they hard to get new?
    Heaven only knows this year with slow production, covid, and now the war in Ukraine, but Minnesota does have a lot of dealers through out the state. Good Luck and hope to see you on the road some day. Safe travels..... Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

See my thread on the demo tour. Another team, Robin and Maggie, will be in Texas. Go ride one! I think you will love it!! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I’m 74 women. I have a F3 and Rt. I try to ride 20,000 a year. Go for it

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottes Web View Post
    I’m 74 women. I have a F3 and Rt. I try to ride 20,000 a year. Go for it
    .......Yes, my wife said that is wonderful. An with her next 'Words' then said I enjoy ryding but not quite that many miles. Enjoy Your 'Smile Miles' ........
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Never too old!

My husband…..a lifetime bicycle and motorcycle rider has changed his modes of riding to accommodate issues through the years. He went from biking on a racing bike to a mountain bike to a recumbent. He will be 82 in 2 weeks and after talking about it for a couple years he just purchased a 2019 spyder rt unlimited with 1100 miles.
    His BMW RT1200 is just too big and too heavy for him to handle anymore. He loves long distance group destination rides. Hopefully, this new toy will provide him with a worry free trip from FL to Idaho to Montana and home this summer. And it is also something I will go with him on for day trips and leisurely rides.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    YES ..... IMHO look for a 14 to 17 RT or F-3. If you can find a dealer who let you TEST drive them, get one with a SE trans. ( semi-auto, no clutch ) and just drive like a CAR. The 1330 engine is very strong and will operate at low RPM's. For those years you will save a lot of money, anything under 50,000 mi will you for the rest of your riding years ..... ..... Mike
    I’m 73, only rode on back of husbands Wing till I turned 60. Went and took license and bought a Yamaha to start out on, never felt really comfortable so bought a 2013 Spyder RT Limited. Absolutely love, only problem as I have become older is steering is a little tight. Highly recommend any Spyder RT Limited 2014 or above. They fixed the tight steering problem. I still drive my 2014 even with both knees needing replacement. Get back on the road you will be glad you did! Bam67
    Last edited by Bam67; 03-11-2022 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo on age