Spyder Garage

Default What's the 'proper' Bluetooth pairing sequence?

Is there a "proper" Bluetooth pairing sequence for me? Which should be first and last?

1. iPhone 12 pro

2. Sena Outrush helmet

3. Wife's Sena Outrush helmet

4. Garmin Zumo XT

5. Garmin Drive app

Thanks for any knowledgeable help!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-02-2022 at 10:59 PM. Reason: there ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can only pair a phone and 2 headsets to the bike. No Garmin. Pair phone or headset first as it doesn't matter. The BRP Go app makes Sygic and Genius Maps along with a few other apps available in the dash. Much easier to manipulate with joystick.

2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I think the Garmin Drive App only works if you pair the iPhone to the XT. That way you can view traffic and weather radar as well as receive phone calls through the XT. You should be able to pair the Garmin XT to the the headset. I have Cardo Bold not Sena. The Cardo has two Bluetooth channels and I am assuming the Sena is the same. With your phone paired to the XT and your Sena headset paired to both the XT and the bike you should have full functionality. The XT has a built in MP3 player and you can load your tunes on it and control them from the XT. This is all done via Bluetooth. The Cardo to Cardo headsets are connected through DMC or Dynamic Mesh Communication and they do not use Bluetooth to connect with each other.

Full disclosure: I do not have my 2022 RTL yet but I do have the XT mounted on my two wheeled bike and on that I have XT paired to both my phone and my headset and I have a second Bluetooth channel free on the Cardo headset that I will use to connect to the RTL when it arrives.
    Last edited by Sagebrush; 03-03-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by thereverend View Post
    Is there a "proper" Bluetooth pairing sequence for me? Which should be first and last?
    1. iPhone 12 pro
    2. Sena Outrush helmet
    3. Wife's Sena Outrush helmet
    4. Garmin Zumo XT
    5. Garmin Drive app

Thanks for any knowledgeable help!
    I have never found a “proper” sequence, reverend……but what works for me is - pair phone to XT, pair phone Garmin Drive to XT, pair XT to rider helmet comm, pair rider helmet comm to passenger comm. This is assuming your RT is pre BRP Go and you are not looking to use BRP Go. (You haven’t said which year RT).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

yes Pete, pre BRP Go, sorry, but I have a 2015 RT.. Thanks for your knowledge on this subject, it means a lot to me.