Spyder Garage

Default Any Ohio Spyder rentals or place for extended test ride?

I purchased a ryker a couple years ago and while its a lot of fun i am interested in checking out a spyder f3-s or f3-t. Does anyone know of any place in ohio that will rent a spyder or let me go on an extended ride. I know it might cost me 100 or 200 dollars to do so but in my mind that is money well spent to see for sure if it is something i really want to do. I have looked around at all the motorcycle or ride share sights that i can find but the closest place that rents them seems to be Maryland or Virginia. I have also called a couple dealers and they either dont rent, dont let you take extended rides, or dont have any stock to begin with.

I would also be interested in a spyder day where you go on a group ride from a dealership but i dont seen any of those scheduled yet.

A buddy of mine is a Harley guy and he was able to rent a road king and street glide before deciding and making a purchase.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Rental

...Indiana does not offer any help with your problem.
    I tried to find something like that in 2019.
    Only offered ten minutes on a Demo.

Good Luck on Your Mission. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

So they actually have a some demo days at various dealers in ohio… but you can only demo the ryker or RT, no f3

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    So they actually have a some demo days at various dealers in ohio… but you can only demo the ryker or RT, no f3
    If you Demo the RT it is about the same as a F3T.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I signed up for the rt. I will be real sad if i roll up on a ryker rally and demo a 900 ace haha

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by delkhouri View Post
    I signed up for the rt. I will be real sad if i roll up on a ryker rally and demo a 900 ace haha
    Your going to love the RT, with the long floorboards and 1330 engine; it will be so smooth. Oh and get ready for the power steering, you will like that too. Make sure and let us know how the demo ride gos.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I just thought i would report back as I was able to do the guided ride today. I was able to ride a new RT base for about an hours. Here are some general thoughts (keep in mind that i am coming from a Ryker):

Its comfortable and smooth - it literally is like an older Cadillac with they way it sort of floats down the road
    You set up higher
    The Semi automatic is more fun than the cvt - especially when you learn to shift at the rpm’s
    The floorboards are huge but I still prefer to have my feet further forward in more of a cruiser position
    The windshield and huge fairing block nearly all the air, even with it in the lowest position - I got hot riding today
    The handlebars are low and after an hour my shoulders hurt

I was also able to ride a used F3L and it nearly solved all of my complaints about the RT. I prefer the handlebars, the adjustable floorboards, it sits lower, and you get to feel at least some wind.

I am pretty sure that a F3 (ideally a f3-t) is in my future. Honestly I would happily keep my ryker if it had a manual or semi-automatic transmission instead of the CVT but thats just me.

Spyder Garage

If you place your order soon you can enjoy the thrill of ownership of that F3 probably by 2024 I imagine.
    2021 Spyder RT Limited Asphalt Gray Chrome Edition
    2022 Spyder RT Limited Hyper Silver Chrome Edition
    Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Vanquest Gen 2 7x10 First Aid Trauma Pack
    Garage Door Opener
    iPass
    DJI Action 2
    Tackform Anti-Vibe Phone Cradle
    UltraGard Full Covers
    Show Chrome rear trunk lid lift strut
    Noco Genius 1
    Noco GBX Booster X
    Show Chrome Platinum Grande Adjustable Padded Driver Backrest with Storage Pouch
    Baseus Cordless Inflator