Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sandral View Post
    That is wonderful! Looking at the site, I cannot find the appropriate diagram that seems to correspond to the left hand electronic assembly for shifting, signals, etc. Can you help me out? What exactly will I order from them? When I look for the handlebar electrical assembly it only gives me 2019, nothing for 2018. My Can Am is an F3-T. Not an RT LTD.
    Would the switch housing be the same? I know plenty of stuff, but not this stuff... Appreciate the help.
    I'm sure He will help you out with the part # .... however a neat feature that Cheap Cycle Parts provides is, it will tell you what parts will fit and can be safely substituted for ALL the models of Spyders. .... I'm going to shopping for you, and see what I can find ..... Mike ...Well I give up trying to find ...... if rcan08 provides the part number I'll check it ..... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-25-2022 at 11:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

That is wonderful! Looking at the site, I cannot find the appropriate diagram that seems to correspond to the left hand electronic assembly for shifting, signals, etc. Can you help me out? What exactly will I order from them? When I look for the handlebar electrical assembly it only gives me 2019, nothing for 2018. My Can Am is an F3-T. Not an RT LTD.
    Would the switch housing be the same? I know plenty of stuff, but not this stuff... Appreciate the help.
    I'm sure He will help you out with the part # .... however a neat feature that Cheap Cycle Parts provides is, it will tell you what parts will fit and can be safely substituted for ALL the models of Spyders. .... I'm going to shopping for you, and see what I can find ..... Mike .............Found it .... on the diagram for your F3-T it's on the electrical accessories F3-T .. box .... Cheapcycleparts # 8400 ..... part # 710006576 .... this one will fit your Spyder ..... Mike Cost ..$ 469.99 .... I would ask BRP to help you pay for since the dealer screwed you ( IMHO ) ..... good luck
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-26-2022 at 12:04 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm sure He will help you out with the part # .... however a neat feature that Cheap Cycle Parts provides is, it will tell you what parts will fit and can be safely substituted for ALL the models of Spyders. .... I'm going to shopping for you, and see what I can find ..... Mike ...Well I give up trying to find ...... if rcan08 provides the part number I'll check it ..... Mike

Product Description

Options

Price

Qty

Total

Housing-Switch
    Item: 710006576

Old Sku: 710005427

$469.99

$469.99
    part number and price

Spyder Garage

Red face

I'm sure He will help you out with the part # .... however a neat feature that Cheap Cycle Parts provides is, it will tell you what parts will fit and can be safely substituted for ALL the models of Spyders. .... I'm going to shopping for you, and see what I can find ..... Mike .............Found it .... on the diagram for your F3-T it's on the electrical accessories F3-T .. box .... Cheapcycleparts # 8400 ..... part # 710006576 .... this one will fit your Spyder ..... Mike Cost ..$ 469.99 .... I would ask BRP to help you pay for since the dealer screwed you ( IMHO ) ..... good luck
    Oh Thank You so much!!! Now at least I can take the part number to them and ask before I order it for myself. Obviously it is on their dime (in a perfect world where people have integrity)...I really appreciate the help!!

Spyder Garage

Oh Thank You so much!!! Now at least I can take the part number to them and ask before I order it for myself. Obviously it is on their dime (in a perfect world where people have integrity)...I really appreciate the help!!
    No problem .... this what " Spyderlovers " is all about ...... if the dealer won't warranty this ... I would reach out to " BRP connect " & ask them to. ....PM - Peter Aawen ( a moderator here ) and ask him for info about contacting BRP ..... good luck .... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-26-2022 at 04:07 PM. Reason: moderator ;-)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It pays to explore options. CSP is a good source although I've found them to not necessarily be lower in cost than my local dealer when factoring in shipping costs. I live west of DFW and there is a BRP DC in Dallas.

I've gotten better pricing and quicker service IF the part is in stock at the DC by ordering via brp.com and having it shipped to the dealer for pickup. Obviously in the case of your needed part being on backoder, go where the part is. You also need to know what part to order. ;-)
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up update, so far so "good"

Last word is, after a month in the shop (again) they replaced the left hand gear shift assembly, and the solenoids--again!-- entirely. This for free, although they would not reimburse any of the previous "fixes" that I had paid for in full...(really? Only about $1600 spent for nothing!) Seems to work as of now. Thanks again for your help!