Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default South Carolina Spyder Rally, Anderson,SC - places to ryde?

We have been to Maggie Valley 3 times and was looking at the South Carolina rally for something different. It looks nice, but we didn't want to go 500 miles and go on the same roads as the Maggie Vally aera, Blue Ridge. Are there other places to ryde other than going north to Maggie Valley area? Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Gosh, just about any road in the Appalachian mountains of KY, WV, V, TN, NC, SC and GA is well worth traveling. If you post the route you likely will take, I can propose a few along the way.

Checkout https://www.motorcycleroads.com/ and invest in the Butler Motorcycle maps that cover the states you will be traveling - I think they are about $15 each.

I would stay off the Dragon unless you hit it on a weekday in the AM.
    Sold: 2020RT base with numerous improvements and farkles
    Previous 2 wheels: 3 BMWs, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha and 1 Husqvarna

Spyder Garage

we went there for the rally in 2018. you can go north a short ride to highest point in SC. going north anywhere you will be in different foothills area from dragon
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have only been to one of the rallies in the myrtle beach area. It was ok, but nothing like riding in the mountains. As far as Maggie Valley, we actually stayed in the Boone area one year and only came down one day to the Maggie Valley rally location (took the BRP all the way down). That opened up a lot of time for us to explore roads in the the northern part of NC and into Va. and Tenn. We did the Back of the Dragon, Snake, etc. Lots of places to ride regardless of where you stay.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white