Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " Off road " .... I beg to differ about the Spyder either a GS / RSS or RT .... I live and ride mostly in Vermont ( now ) and at least 1/3 on my riding is on gravel roads .... I put a BELT Guard on for peace of mind, and my 66,000 mi OEM looks great ..... Mike
    Belt drive did not prevent me from taking my Sportsters on dirt roads, such as fire roads, but with care in gravel sections.

But even with the rally and 400 mm front shocks, it is not an off-road vehicle.

It would do fine on sections like this:

15-Muddy Springs-5 Oct 2017.jpg

But clearance and traction would be an issue on some/many forest service roads, such as these

3-Red Rock Canyon Rocky Gap Road 29 Sep 2017.jpg

8-Upper Joe May Road 3 Oct 2017.jpg

A few hundred yards on Rocky Gap would end the exploring on a Ryker and probably not even that distance on Upper Joe May.
    Uphill traction on gravel is a challenge.
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Regarding cargo carrying, Can-Am also offer a single hard-side bag (pannier) which could be handy. IIRC it's about 36L capacity?
    Last edited by Zoot; 03-24-2022 at 07:42 PM. Reason: clarity

Spyder Garage

There is a learning program built in to the ryker . You need to put it in sport mode or eco off mode or eco mode . It will goooo . Ryker 900 sport will go roughly 90+ because it has a speed limiter .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by neoblackheart View Post
    So if you saw my welcome post or even if you didn't the thing is Yesterday me and My Mom drove by and looked at a dealership for Can-Am. Originally she was looking at getting a Spyder but they were out of them at the moment. What they did have was a very nice looking Ryker Rally that my mom fell in love with. She was dead set on getting one but had other stuff right this second we need to deal with. So after leaving we realized there was a few questions we actually didn't ask. I proceeded to look it up online but came up with the exact same answer every last time. This would make it seem like that was the answer but I really really hope its not or that would mean we wouldn't be buying one.

My main question is what's the top speed? Everywhere I look says 56MPH and provides this statement

Now if you can tell from the quote that has nothing to do with the top speed just the learning key limiting the speed to 56 MPH. My first 5 search returns all look to say the same exact thing. Once I know the answer to this it will allow me to make a better decision on if Me and my Mom want to buy two of these.
    I live in South Dakota, the speed limit on the interstate is 80 MPH. I have no problem reaching and maintaining that speed.