Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default WTF? Can't find anyone to mount my new Quadtrac tires!

This is nuts. Live in Toledo, Ohio. Bought 3 new Quadtrac tires for my 2019 F3 Limited. I have done all upgrades myself but don't want to tackle that rear tire install. I have called every dealer within 100 miles (Michigan and Ohio) and every dealer refuses to mount anything but the crappy OEM tires. (One dealer does Laser alignment, thought I would have that done at install as well to encourage the mounting.) What the hell am I supposed to do now? Can't imagine a car tire place would want to tackle a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

On the east side of state Johnny’s will and also off-road express in Erie PA will. There’s a rally the first of June in southern Ohio. Netzley will be there and they will install them too.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I remove the rear wheel and take it to A.D. Farrow Harley-Davidson. They have the equipment to replace the tire and to balance it. Check to see if you have a local H.D shop that can do it.

Spyder Garage

I agree - this is indeed nuts. I love my Quadtrac tire!
    Can someone spell out all the legal mumbo jumbo with written specs of why BRP has all the dealers against installing this perfectly fine and better than OEM tire change? Is it only about $$$$ on the cheap quality OEM tires they have contracted and not about safety or is it about safety and they don't want to expose the reasons? Either way we as Spyder owners need to know what is up with this boycotting of a superior product that is proven!
    Allot of folks who are running these much better tires are very satisfied and happy with them and I do not think I have heard any Spyder owners that were not happy soooo.....
    It is time to confront this issue and expose the legal reasons for not wanting to mount a non-OEM customer tire of their choosing if it legally fits the rim and has a proven track record. If it is a liability issue then just have customers sign a waiver but let the customer get service they request because in the end they are the $$ customer.
    Also does anyone have any reports or documentation (anywhere) of these tires failing and causing harm after installing this quality tire on any Spyder?

Thanks for letting me rant!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    On the east side of state Johnny’s will and also off-road express in Erie PA will. There’s a rally the first of June in southern Ohio. Netzley will be there and they will install them too.
    We have talked about this in previous threads and it looks like I will be heading to a Netzley. I have called around to several local tire shops and a even driven over to a couple of specialty performance shops so they could take a look and assess if they would do it and they are more than willing to do the fronts but all refuse to do the rear tire.

I had one of the guys from the performance shops shaking his head when my response to his take it to the dealership recommendation is they refuse to put a tire on for me unless it is one of the Kenda's.

I have just stopped with calling can-am dealerships for tires as they are holding the BRP line tightly and not letting go when it comes to tires. Sad shame when you cant even pick the one that you want to use.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boz329 View Post
    This is nuts. Live in Toledo, Ohio. Bought 3 new Quadtrac tires for my 2019 F3 Limited. I have done all upgrades myself but don't want to tackle that rear tire install. I have called every dealer within 100 miles (Michigan and Ohio) and every dealer refuses to mount anything but the crappy OEM tires. (One dealer does Laser alignment, thought I would have that done at install as well to encourage the mounting.) What the hell am I supposed to do now? Can't imagine a car tire place would want to tackle a Spyder.
    There must be other Spyder owners in or around Toledo that have car tires mounted by someone locally. Hopefully one of them is on SL Forum and will chime in. Good Luck, .........Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boz329 View Post
    What the hell am I supposed to do now? Can't imagine a car tire place would want to tackle a Spyder.
    Actually many car tire places will do it. You may have to take the rear wheel off the Spyder and take it to them. I have done that twice and they were happy to do it. On the fronts I just took the Spyder in and they popped the fronts in no time. I have now found an independent motorcycle/atv/utv shop here that is willing to let me teach them how to remove a Spyder rear wheel.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 02-17-2022 at 09:30 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    ...BINGO .... I highly recommend " Netzley " ..... good luck .... Mike ..... any shop that does auto/trk tires can mount the tire if you bring it to them .... and balance the fronts ... the REAR doesn't need balancing ....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    I agree - this is indeed nuts. I love my Quadtrac tire!
    Can someone spell out all the legal mumbo jumbo with written specs of why BRP has all the dealers against installing this perfectly fine and better than OEM tire change? Is it only about $$$$ on the cheap quality OEM tires they have contracted and not about safety or is it about safety and they don't want to expose the reasons? Either way we as Spyder owners need to know what is up with this boycotting of a superior product that is proven!
    Allot of folks who are running these much better tires are very satisfied and happy with them and I do not think I have heard any Spyder owners that were not happy soooo.....
    It is time to confront this issue and expose the legal reasons for not wanting to mount a non-OEM customer tire of their choosing if it legally fits the rim and has a proven track record. If it is a liability issue then just have customers sign a waiver but let the customer get service they request because in the end they are the $$ customer.
    Also does anyone have any reports or documentation (anywhere) of these tires failing and causing harm after installing this quality tire on any Spyder?

Thanks for letting me rant!
    The answer to your first question is " MONEY " .... Canadain Law probably prevents them from using an AUTO tire .... even though Harley Davidson sells their TRIKES using DUNLOP AUTO tires ...... good luck ... the Vredestein is the best Spyder tire made ..... Mike .... On the " legal " reference ... the US DOT regs REQUIRE the tire BEADS match the RIM / wheel .... and auto tires match Spyderwheels ....
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-17-2022 at 09:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Actually many car tire places will do it. You may have to take the rear wheel off the Spyder and take it to them. I have done that twice and they were happy to do it. On the fronts I just took the Spyder in and they popped the fronts in no time. I have now found an independent motorcycle/atv/utv shop here that is willing to let me teach them how to remove a Spyder rear wheel.
    Don't forget to tell them about " removing the REAR Shock bolt first "..... then the ADJUSTYERS willremain the same and so will the alignment .... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 02-19-2022 at 03:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

I hate to be showing my ignorance in public like this. I have been removing my Spyder's rear wheel for 5 years, watched multiple videos on wheel removal and have never heard anything about removing a "swing arm bolt" Shock bolt, axle bolt sensor and bolt, never a swing arm bolt. Belt lines up fine.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:24 AM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear Tire Removal

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Don't forget to tell them about " removing the SWING ARM bolt first ..... then the ADJUSTYERS willremain the same and so will the alignment .... Mike
    Are you saying this for the Rear Wheel Removal?
    I think you might be wanting to say 'Rear Shock Bolt '.
    That's the way I go about the Rear Tire/Wheel Removal.

Have a Blessed Day My Friend. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post

****I remove the “Bolt” retaining the swing arm for the Air Bag Height Sensor prior to Rear Wheel removal.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    ****I remove the “Bolt” retaining the swing arm for the Air Bag Height Sensor prior to Rear Wheel removal.
    Just curious if you removed any other items 'with bolt'.
    I guess it is the same just a different look. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    We have talked about this in previous threads and it looks like I will be heading to a Netzley. I have called around to several local tire shops and a even driven over to a couple of specialty performance shops so they could take a look and assess if they would do it and they are more than willing to do the fronts but all refuse to do the rear tire.

I had one of the guys from the performance shops shaking his head when my response to his take it to the dealership recommendation is they refuse to put a tire on for me unless it is one of the Kenda's.

I have just stopped with calling can-am dealerships for tires as they are holding the BRP line tightly and not letting go when it comes to tires. Sad shame when you cant even pick the one that you want to use.
    I'm not sure where in Maryland you are - but there is a dealer in Upper Darby, PA (30 miles or so from the MD/PA border) and he mounted my rear tire. When I called them - he was a little hesitant but in the end he wanted the business.
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I hate to be showing my ignorance in public like this. I have been removing my Spyder's rear wheel for 5 years,watched multiple videos on wheel removal and have never heard anything about removing a "swing arm bolt" Shock bolt, axle bolt sensor are bolt, never a swing arm bolt. Belt lines up fine.
    I "think" that he is referring to the axle. I'm with you, when I think of a swing arm bolt I immediately think of the bolt where the swing arm attaches and pivots at the frame and this does not get touched during a tire change.
    Sold: 2020RT base with numerous improvements and farkles
    Previous 2 wheels: 3 BMWs, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha and 1 Husqvarna

Spyder Garage

Most car dealers should be able to mount/balance the front tires. They can likely mount the rear tire too, but you'll need to remove the belt pulley and rotor/abs ring. Axle hole may be too small for a balance cone. I'm thinking a m/c shop shouldn't argue about balancing a already mounted tire..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I carried my GL1800 rear wheel in to Walmart several times to have run-flat car tires installed. Very inexpensive, too. Will probably try that when the Spyder needs them.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post

Mea Cula ... Mea Culpa ... Mea Culpa ..... YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ( I will correct my post above ).... THANKS ....It *sucks getting old. ..... That last rear tire I did was 4-5 years ago ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I hate to be showing my ignorance in public like this. I have been removing my Spyder's rear wheel for 5 years, watched multiple videos on wheel removal and have never heard anything about removing a "swing arm bolt" Shock bolt, axle bolt sensor and bolt, never a swing arm bolt. Belt lines up fine.
    "Little Blue" caught my ERROR about AXLE bolt and I have corrected my mistake .... I meant to say SHOCK BOLT ..... sorry ... Mike
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-18-2023 at 04:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Are you pulling the shock bolt for additional clearance by allowing the swingarm to drop further or is there some other benefit that I'm missing?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Default Tire change

Have you tried Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo, Mi. they seem to be very open minded.
    2018 F3s
    2020 Ryker Rally

Spyder Garage

Here in Louisiana, you have the same problem with dealers and at least a 2-hour drive. The last time I had the rear tire changed I loaded it up on the trailer and drove it to two brothers tire repair (it had a flat from a blowout on the Kenda), they changed the tire while on the trailer. Cost was $200. + and it took 2 days)
    I will attempt the next one myself even if it takes me all day. I would like to see an UPDATED video on the rear tire change, I have seen the one by Bob Finless but some parts are skipped on the reinstallation adjustments of belt alignment etc. I really like the Vredestein tires.

Spyder Garage

I found a place to change the rear tire on my 2021 RTL (not a dealer of course), he is 100 miles from me and wanted $150.00+ to do the job! Had him change a tire on my 2020 F3 but the cost has gone up! So took my time and watched all videos I could find and did it myself this week. Took me about 5 hours just taking my time to make sure everything was removed and replaced correctly. Was not a hard job, just need to be willing to give up an afternoon. Cost was $8.00 for mounting new Vredestein rear tire. Doing this all depends on your mechanical ability, right tools and the place out of the weather to work. Was a great learning experience for next time, labor is only going to get higher!
    2021 Spyder RT-L - Asphalt Grey
    • Vredestein tires all around
    • Rolo Laser Alignment
    • Lamonster tire balancing rings/front
    • Lamonster Sway Bar
    • Lamonster belt tensioner
    • K and N air filter
    • Rear cowl - in place when you remove rear box

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    Have you tried Leaders Marine in Kalamazoo, Mi. they seem to be very open minded.
    ....... and 160 miles from Toledo, OH! Although that would make for a pretty nice overnight ride I think!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)