Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rednaxs60 View Post
    Monitoring the drive belt It seems to be floating between 5 mm and 1 mm on the rear drive sprocket. Will look at the service manual and have a chat with the local dealer.

Took it for a ride with the Mrs over the Malahat for coffee and treat this afternoon. Hooked up the N-Line trailer to test the towing. Didn't know it was there; however, it was lightly loaded and did shuffle/wobble ever so slightly. Only had some 30ish pounds in the trailer. Noticed that when the trailer is directly behind the Spyder, there is a slight up angle to the trailer. This, too, can make the trailer shuffle/wobble a bit. Thinking a trip to my local welder and discuss lowering the hitch connection to make the trailer sit more level. The trailer hitch connection is not the normal receiver/ball affair.

getting the Spyder ready for the trip cross Canada this summer is prgressing well.
    I lived in Cobble Hill from ‘03-11, know the area well. Camped in an 86 Westphalia all over the PNW and VanIsle. Good times.
    You have a memorable trip on tap with your trans-Canada ride. Wishing you and the missus all the best.

Spyder Garage

Finished up some work on the Spyder. Mentioned that I found the drive belt to be "floating" between 1 cm and 5 cm on the rear drive sprocket. Did the belt tension again with the belt tensioner disconnected. Belt is now tensioned properly. Had to set the belt alignment. With the belt tension correct, belt alignment was easy.

Everything needed to be done has been. Spyder is as ready as possible.

Will be leaving for our cross Canada trip in 3 weeks. Starting to lay out items for the trip. Trailer is being outfitted. Taking camping gear, never know about accommodations.

Have bought an Osmo Action camera for the trip, actually bought two. Thought it would be good to be able to get some video of the trip, sort of like the '60s with the 8 mm cameras. Take videos and pics, invite friends and family over for an annoying evening of death by video/pictures.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Post trip maintenance started. Hit a couple of decent road bumps in Alberta, the ones where the asphalt has gotten so hot that the trucks/cars force the asphalt up into a bump. Two back to back on the right front wheel, interesting experience - had a vibration at approximately 85 KPH after this. Took front wheels off, cleaned, polished, external weights off, balance beads in - 2.2 ounces per wheel (rear tire already has balance beads - 3 ounces), and all is well. One steering knuckle cap went for a walkabout - on order.

Ordered and received the transmission filter and cover. Increase of some $34.00 CDN in one year - ouch. Have taken the Gold Wing out from the sidelines, Himalayan is sidelined for now. Have a bit of maintenance to do on the Gold Wing then I'll start on the Spyder.

The local dealer had a SeatoSky RT on his lot when I picked up the parts. Colour was a satin black (?). Very eye pleasing. Nice ergonomics, and I thought about how I would get me this. It's their demo so it will be a reduced price. Like the luggage it has, especially the rear trunk that holds two full face helmets. When I sat on this Spyder, rocked the chassis and noticed that the front suspension is firmer than my 2014 RTL. Didn't look too closely at the front shocks. Very nice Spyder.
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by misterbc View Post
    I lived in Cobble Hill from ‘03-11, know the area well. Camped in an 86 Westphalia all over the PNW and VanIsle. Good times.
    You have a memorable trip on tap with your trans-Canada ride. Wishing you and the missus all the best.
    Thanks for the wishes. It was a great trip, now to collect my thoughts on it and post a trip report of sorts.

Went back to the dealer to get some pictures of the '22 S2S. Nice colour scheme. Looked at the '22 RT Limited - silver, gloss black accent. The sales person doesn't like the gloss black - finger print issue. Looked at the specs and there is not a lot of difference mechanically/electronically. It appears to be the exterior items such as paint scheme, wind deflectors and such. Not a huge upgrade for some $3K dollars. Told the sales person to think about me, he knows my Spyder. I like the luggage arrangement, especially being able to put two helmets in the rear trunk. Have to ask if a belt tensioner comes installed from the factory.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Been giving the Spyder the once in a decade clean/detailing while I'm waiting for parts for a 1200 GW engine put back together work period. Took the front trunk off and apart. Had bugs where there should not have been any. New head lamps, had one out - replaced both. Oil/filter change. Working from front to rear. Took the front trunk off to get at the rads, picked up a few eastern bugs along the way. Started Sunday, expect to be done Thursday. Not being too anal about the timeline, enjoying riding my Gold Wing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Finished the cleaning detailing of the Spyder. Looks good and shiny. Broke one bolt that I will be removing, drill and easy out. Not in a critical spot so it's on the list. The lock tite product that BRP uses is quite good except when removing bolts and such. Have come to the realization that when removing a bolt or other item that this lock tite product is used on, you must not stop. If you do, the lock tite product has heated up and will seize/keep the bolt in place. If you try to continue removing the bolt, you can snap the bolt. If you stop turning, you must let the bolt cool down before continuing to remove the bolt. Haven't tried this yet, but will be keeping it in mind for next time. I also chase the bolt holes before putting back together, blue LocTite on bolt threads on install.

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE

Ernest