The Woodlands, Texas and Pipe Creek, Texas
    Spyder Garage

Default Frog Toggs - what do you use for insulation below the FTs?

I just bought a 2020 RTL and was amazed at the wind protection. I'm thinking about using my Frog Toggs as a lightweight wind protection suit.

If any of you do this, what do you use for insulation below the FTs as insulation?

I had an Aerostich years ago but man those people are out of control on their pricing these days. Plus I don't want a lot of bulk.

Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peterparker View Post
    I just bought a 2020 RTL and was amazed at the wind protection. I'm thinking about using my Frog Toggs as a lightweight wind protection suit.

If any of you do this, what do you use for insulation below the FTs as insulation?

I had an Aerostich years ago but man those people are out of control on their pricing these days. Plus I don't want a lot of bulk.

Bill
    Stay with the Aerostich unless you like getting wet. We tried Frog Toggs and that was our experience.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

IMHO Frog Toggs are light weight and won't survive long if used as a wind breaker regularly. They're more for unplanned rain while out. You're better off getting a true MC jacket to cut the wind (& sun). Added benefit of abrasion/armor protection. If you don't want the protection, get a heavier weight wind breaker made for the purpose. I found Merino wool to be the best base layer in all temps.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by peterparker View Post

Bill
    IMHO it depends on what temps you are riding in ...... any garment that prevents air penetration is more than 1/2 the battle .... Jeans or other heavy pants will work also wear a sweater or jacket .... and gloves ..... good luck .... mike

Spyder Garage

My normal summer mesh armor does a good job.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Tourmaster makes decent rain gear. Revzilla is a good source and has many rain suits (and everything else motorcycle related) and is my "go to" website for helmets, jackets, boots, gloves and any other gear I might need.

I recommend something with decent armor to be worn, and the rainsuit put over that when needed. Even a minor accident can throw the rider off the bike and armor in the shoulders and elbows, and knees if you wear real riding pants, can make all the difference in the world. Most of my riding is in the summer, and my Klim mesh jacket is the best compromise of safety and good air flow that I have ever found.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)