Spyder Garage

Default Is the shortage of F3 Batteries industry wide?

I have an F3-Limited and would like to change my battery this spring. I have been watching Lamonster and batteries are out of stock for months. I called and heard they are expecting in the future. Is this industry wide? I would like to buy from the site sponsor besides the fact I had great experience dealing with them and their products.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I have an F3-Limited and would like to change my battery this spring. I have been watching Lamonster and batteries are out of stock for months. I called and heard they are expecting in the future. Is this industry wide? I would like to buy from the site sponsor besides the fact I had great experience dealing with them and their products.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Depending on how well you care for your Battery ... you can get anywhere from 3 yrs. to 10 years .... I bought a Lithium Battery JUMPER, because of this Range of time .... I kept my OEM Battery 3 years longer than I thought it would last .... Bought a NON- filed battery and kept in the ready ( without charging it ) ... when I had to use the jumper TWICE I charged up the new one and re-placed the OEM .... problem solved and much money saved ..... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Jim
    I bought mine from Amazon vendor for $105 last month. Yuasa.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Depending on how well you care for your Battery ... you can get anywhere from 3 yrs. to 10 years .... I bought a Lithium Battery JUMPER, because of this Range of time .... I kept my OEM Battery 3 years longer than I thought it would last .... Bought a NON- filed battery and kept in the ready ( without charging it ) ... when I had to use the jumper TWICE I charged up the new one and re-placed the OEM .... problem solved and much money saved ..... good luck .... Mike
    What an excellent idea Mike. That way, you get the full life out of that battery without getting stranded. I carry a power pack also and will remember your idea.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    I bought mine from Amazon vendor for $105 last month. Yuasa.
    Agreed, the OEM battery (at least in my 2019 RTL) is a Yuasa anyway. When the time comes, I will most likely replace the OEM with a non-branded Yuasa rather than the OEM part. I had good experience with Yuasa in my previous Spyder and in a string of Harleys going back a couple of decades. Their batteries are US-made.

Bob
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post

Great idea, having a non-filled back up battery on hand.

This is what I carry as well. Never know when you're going to need it. Plus, has multiple purposes / uses.

https://www.aizico.com/products/2v-1...attery-charger

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post

This is what I carry as well. Never know when you're going to need it. Plus, has multiple purposes / uses.

with you and RICZ ..... trashing a perfectly good battery makes no $$$ sense to me ( or you either ) .... I have read on this forum numerous times, of folks getting new batteries after only 2-3 yrs. because they had minor issue, that probably wasn't what they assumed it was.... having a back-up device makes way more sense, until you are really sure your battery has died ..... JMHO ..... Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Oem yuasa battery

.... Generally the Spyder OEM BATTERY 'Yuasa' will give you 5+ years of service. That being said there are several Good Tips to help you get the 5+ years.

Keep it fully charged.
    Use a quality battery tender/maintainer.
    Ryde once a week or more.
    Always Ryde for 30 minutes or more.
    Use the 'star washers' for the cables.
    Check and Keep the battery/cables Clean.

All of my Batterys have made the 5+ years.
    Several have gone 7 - 8 years.

Your Spyder, so do as you please. ....... : )
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don't use a battery tender, but my 2016 F3T (bought in 2017) still has the OEM battery. I keep saying I will use the battery tender, but never do. I am probably going to have to pick up one this year, but as long as it is going strong, I will keep it. I will probably pick up one from Batteries Plus. They tend to have a pretty good battery and always in stock.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Has anyone looked at the Odyssey batteries. I used them on my motorcycles and they were great.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post

I carry this around in all my vehicles! Great to charge any size engine (gas or diesel) Only $100 at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/GOOLOO-GP2000...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
    2014 RTL bought in 3/20 with only 6,000 mi.
    Came with Garmin 660
    Car tires in 5/20; Elka stage 2 front shocks in 10/21

Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Jim
    There is a battery shortage but we do have these in stock https://www.lamonstergarage.com/can-...-free-ytx24hl/