Spyder Garage

Default Recommend an Air horn for 2020+ RT Ltd?

Anyone have advise on an air horn for the 2020+ RT limited? The original is just too quiet.
    2012 RS White with corbin web seat, misty mountain seat skin, tour windshield, Hindle exhaust, handlebar risers, BRP saddlebags, foot boards, bump skid (critter splitter), fender LED lights, and lots of attitude.

Spyder Garage

You might start by checking w/ law enforcement; it may be illegal. Plus, I've been under mine & had most of the plastic off; not much room anywhere, 'cept maybe the frunk.

2020 Spyder RT Limited; Deep Marsala/Chrome

Formosa AZ01 165/50/R16's on PPA Recluse wheels up front
    General Altimax RT43 215/60/R15 on factory rear

Primary exhaust: RLS Cat delete w/ his baffle; secondary, custom built w/ Flowmaster HS2
    Suspension: BajaRon swaybar (highly recommended!), M2 coil-overs, front & rear (also highly recomended!)
    Extra LED lighting and misc. to suit my needs/wants

Spyder Garage

Spyderpops

THE "BAD BOY" HORN UPGRADE (RT MODELS 2020-UP)
    WOLO/SPYDERPOPS
    SKU: SPY403

See you at Spyder Rendezvous in June...
    Original: 2013 RT-Limited Pearl White (Bought New 07/2013 Traded @ 34,000 Miles)
    Current: 2017 F3-Limited Pure Magnesium Metallic (Bought New 07/2018)
    Current: 2020 RT-Limited Petrol Metallic Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is the horn police going to put you over if its to loud?

Bad boys are ok. but they dont last.

Spyder Garage

Here's my pair of extra loud snail trumpet horns mounted over the battery. View is looking down.

HORN PROJECT 11.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2022 at 05:25 PM. Reason: lour = loud ;-)
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I used a Denali split air horn. I put the horn where the OEM horn was and put the compressor on the inner wall of the frunk. https://denalielectronics.com/collec.../tt-sb-10100-b
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have no clue how the 20 RT is constructed but I installed twin air horns on my 14 RT. I did the installation at the same time as I reinstalled my ECM. It's tight but it's possible. The horns were Harbor Freight twin horns and the OEM wiring hooked right up without modification. I had earlier replaced the OEM horn with a Rolo/Bad Boy which was really no improvement whatsoever. I simply modified the Rolo/bad boy mounts to fit the twin horns. It's tight but it's possible to get it where everything fits without touching or rubbing on something. By the way, don't be a dumb a$$ and test the twin air horns while you're bent over sitting next to them as I did. They exceed the pain threshold believe me.

Spyder Garage

I had a Wolo on my ‘16 F3-L for 4 years with no issues, and I now have one on my ‘21 RT-L, Gunner. Bought from Spyderpops. It simply plugs in to the OEM horn wiring sockets, and increases the horn volume to a much more noticeable level than stock. It fits in the same spot as the stock horn, so you have to get under the RT and do a bit of fiddling to install. I was happy with my last one, and I’m happy with this one. It is so much easier than running new wiring through a relay and finding somewhere to mount a full air horn.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I installed the Wolo Bad Boy horn as well. It's OK. Definitely better than stock but not as loud as the Denali Soundbomb (which is about the same size). I had the Denali Sound Bomb https://denalielectronics.com/collec.../tt-sb-10000-b on my R1200 GSA - it should be easy to install in the stock location on a 2020+ RTL.
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The lack of space under the tupperware is why I installed Wolo trumpet horns. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. The pics below are of the 2013 RT I had but I installed them the same on my 2014 RTS. The 2014 was easier as there is a lot more room for a compressor behind the left side grill. With this setup I left the OEM horns in place and connected.

The OEM horns aren't as wimpy as many owners think. I did a test comparing the OEM to a Stebel Nautilus I have mounted on my ATV. Virtually the same loudness measured from across the street. I bought the Stebel to put on the Goldwing I had. I couldn't find any place to mount it and it wasn't any louder than the OEM horn.

Don't expect too much by adding or changing horns. Doubling the decibel level will increase apparent loudness by only 10 to 20 percent.

Close up right side.jpg

Front view.jpg

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I bought horns from slingmods. They're way louder than the stock horns. They aren't air horns, but they sound like very loud car/truck horns. A noticeable difference in my opinion.

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I plan to pick up a couple GL1800 horns from ebay. They are pretty loud!
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

The Woodlands, Texas and Pipe Creek, Texas
    Spyder Garage

Don't blow your horn(s) at the cops.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Is the horn police going to put you over if its to loud?

Bad boys are ok. but they dont last.
    Why don’t they last I have gone through two wolo bad boy horns

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    I plan to pick up a couple GL1800 horns from ebay. They are pretty loud!

I have the hi low on my 09 Wing. Very nice tone and loud enough. The few times I have used them as a warning device they get do get a reaction.
    Are you going to mount them above the battery?

Watching with interest.

But also considering an AH-OOH-GA Klaxon type horn that I have fitted to a few vehicles and bikes I own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqc6yRIHiW0

Seems to get their attention as well.