Spyder Garage

Cool A pleasure to ride

I have ridden 2 wheelers for over 60 years, from mini bikes, a Bridgestone 50, Full dress Harleys, and every thing in between. My wife had a Sportster Lehman 3 wheel trike conversion. About 5 years ago we sold our Harleys as old age just didn't make it practical or safe anymore. We also sold our motorhome. Well our second midlife crisis hit at 70 and we bought another motorhome and a Ryker. The Ryker was just too small for two old fat people so we sold it and got a 2019 RT Limited. I have had back surgery, a hip replacement, a plate in my neck, and a quad bypass to name a few ailments. It took about 500 miles to become very comfortable riding the RT. We have logged about 3500 miles so far and it is a pure joy to ride. It is stress free and the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. We can do hundreds of miles in a day and are not worn out when we are done. I asked my wife if she wanted to upgrade the seat and she said no way!! I see lots of posts where people have a hard time converting to 3 wheels. Just relax and the bike will take you wherever you want to go. It is so nice to be back in the saddle again. We live west of Atlanta and it was 66 degrees today. I went for a nice 2 hour ride in the countryside and I just got back. I am smiling from ear to ear to be able to ride in February, so I just had to post what a pleasure it is to ride the RT.
    2019 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic
    Sold - Ryker 900 Black

Spyder Garage

and welcome to the knowledge bank!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sweet Ryde Time

Welcome to the Spyder Forum. So glad to hear that you can enjoy your Spyder Ryde Times.
    The wife and I are saying the same things to all of our friends. So far only a few have joined the Spyder group.

Yes, as everyone is getting 'older' a few of us are still trying to enjoy Ryde Times.
    So enjoy your Time and Smile Miles. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Old? What's that?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Old ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Old? What's that?
    Well, I am still trying to figure this thing (old) out.
    Some days I am younger than I feel.
    Then the next day I feel older than I like. ....

Ryde and Enjoy your Day. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by squarebob View Post
    I have ridden 2 wheelers for over 60 years, from mini bikes, a Bridgestone 50, Full dress Harleys, and every thing in between. My wife had a Sportster Lehman 3 wheel trike conversion. About 5 years ago we sold our Harleys as old age just didn't make it practical or safe anymore. We also sold our motorhome. Well our second midlife crisis hit at 70 and we bought another motorhome and a Ryker. The Ryker was just too small for two old fat people so we sold it and got a 2019 RT Limited. I have had back surgery, a hip replacement, a plate in my neck, and a quad bypass to name a few ailments. It took about 500 miles to become very comfortable riding the RT. We have logged about 3500 miles so far and it is a pure joy to ride. It is stress free and the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. We can do hundreds of miles in a day and are not worn out when we are done. I asked my wife if she wanted to upgrade the seat and she said no way!! I see lots of posts where people have a hard time converting to 3 wheels. Just relax and the bike will take you wherever you want to go. It is so nice to be back in the saddle again. We live west of Atlanta and it was 66 degrees today. I went for a nice 2 hour ride in the countryside and I just got back. I am smiling from ear to ear to be able to ride in February, so I just had to post what a pleasure it is to ride the RT.
    This is how many, many of us on this forum feel!! We all have some kind of issues or baggage - but our Spyders help us to forget all of that and love life! As Peter says - Worry less and Ryde more!!
    2019 RTL Asphalt Gray
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

It is good to ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

After a 4 month hiatus, this 85 year old got out today on his F3L and it waslike that 4 months never happened. Nothing was forgotten, especially how to toss it into a tigh turn. Temps in the mid 60s helped a lot too. Very unseasonal for here, but I'll take it. Taking it out Saturday and Sunday too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

We call it the fountain of youth! Saddle up! It’s time to ride!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

" I might be getting older, but I refuse to grow up"
    "It's ok to get older as long as you don't get old"

Spyder Garage

I keep getting told to act my age.
    But I don't know what means...
    Afterall, I've never been this old before.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    We call it the fountain of youth! Saddle up! It’s time to ride!!

R
    X Take as needed.
    Last edited by RICZ; 02-12-2022 at 02:13 PM.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

Spyder Garage

I'm probably one of the few who would agree with your wife on the seat. We have the stock seat on our 2014 RT-L and I feel like it is by far the most comfortable seat I have ever straddled. My very first long ride on the RT was over 450 miles the day we bought it and I handled it with ease compared to any of my bikes, past or present. I still ride the bikes more than the Spyder but there are days when my old bones and feeble behind dictate I take the Spyder. I'm listening to those cues more and more with each passing month.

Those who say " I can't" will always be right.
    2014 RT Limited , pewter (magnesium?)

Spyder Garage

I think you are Preachin' to the Choir here... Well, at least in my case - I feel exactly the same as you. Life is short, we have to enjoy Every Day as long as we can, the the Spyder sure helps. Thanks for the post.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-13-2022 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Quire = Choir + spaces & ,/.'s ;-)
    2011 RTS Spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    This is how many, many of us on this forum feel!! We all have some kind of issues or baggage - but our Spyders help us to forget all of that and love life! As Peter says - Worry less and Ryde more!!
    Well, Ryker owners have to purchase their baggage . Thanks for letting me trespass in the RT Touring forum.
    -2021 Ryker 900

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeyes View Post
    As a right leg above knee amputee, I rode a GS SE5 for 13 years. Machinist friend rigged a clutch cable & handle attached it to the handlebar, as I couldn't afford the mega expensive brake fluid version. Just upgraded to a 2020 RT LTD and CanAm still hasn't added a hand brake. I have a pal rigging one for the new bike.

Why in hell when the Spyder is so popular with disabled, that they don't put a factory hand brake on their models. So many more handicapped folks would increase sales if this was available.
    Former Navy LT, Retired Chemical Dependency Therapist, Retired Widower, "Do, or do not, there is no try"... Jedi Master Yoda.
    Proud member of AA, PGR, and a Navy Shellback!
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , matte black trim, Green/gray Charcoal? depends on the lighting

Spyder Garage

Your pal, should become a sponsor here, and make a business out of it, building special equipment for folks who need it, same a they outfit cars for handicapped, I think you found a decent way, to make money...

On the forum, is a guy from germany, I think he goes by the name of Shockwave, He's is disabled, but drives alot, he even has some video's on Youtube, who are just great to watch.
    On his spyder he has a rack for his wheelchair, very clever made, he can get on and off the spyder on his own, so he drives solo. I think that it's great to live life, to the fullest even with a handicap....
    Just enjoy..
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

To quote a lady who was over 100 years old at the time, “being old isn’t the problem, it’s the dang side effects…”
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    To quote a lady who was over 100 years old at the time, “being old isn’t the problem, it’s the dang side effects…”
    I call those the dues I'm paying to live beyond my sell-by date. And boy, am I ever paying them. Not complaining; there are many far worse off than me and a lot who never made it to 85.....and still riding. I have a lot of blessings to count.

Spyder Garage

Like many of you, I've been in my early 30s for a long time; we're just stuck in these old bodies.
    2022 Spyder Sea to Sky Mystery Blue
    2009 Suzuki Boulevard M50 SE

Spyder Garage

Over 70 degrees here today in West Georgia. Had to go for another ride. There sure was a lot of riders out there that had the same idea. I hope spring has sprung
    2019 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic
    Sold - Ryker 900 Black

Spyder Garage

I love the weather here in Georgia, that's why I ryde year round.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been enjoying the comfortable, stress free ride of my RT Limited. No worries about balancing or whether my 69 year old legs/knees can support the weight of a 600+ pound bike. Just throw a leg over, fire her up and enjoy the day.

1024.jpg
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by squarebob View Post
    My wife and I gave up our 2 wheels also and got 2 RT's. We take a 3 to 5000 mile each year. As you said, the are a joy to rdie.

Spyder Garage

Hi Squarebob,

Glad to hear that you are back in the saddle again. My experience was slightly different. I had only ridden a bike a few times in my life, but got the bug about 2 years before I planned to retire. My wife said OK to "a" bike but that she was absolutely NOT going to ride a loud Harley or other 2 wheeler. We took a look at a 2018 RTL and she loved it. We now have about 26K miles on it including a few 300+ mile days. I am in Va., and took a ride on Saturday when it was 44 degrees. Still smiling ear to ear when I got back home.