Spyder Garage

Default 2022 Rally - Frunk won't lock? [SOLVED]

Anyone else have issues with their Frunks? Mine doesn't seem to lock at all. I turned everything off, took the key out put it in another room even and still nothing.
    Last edited by PrayingForSevens; 02-11-2022 at 10:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

'22 frunks lock? My'21 600 doesn't, never read where other models did. I know you can buy an after market kit.

Spyder Garage

Yeah this is included.

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/...ebox-lock.html

Here's the description:
    Innovative Glovebox Lock. The latch is released when you wake up your vehicle (start button) and the valid key is detected. No need to start the engine or reverse throttle. The latch locks when the vehicle is turned off. If the DESS key is removed while the engine is running, the engine will continue to run and the latch will remain unlocked. So once the engine is off, the latch locks either when the key is removed or after a delay of about 30 seconds. Stock equipment on Ryker Sport and Ryker Rally models.

Spyder Garage

When did you take delivery?
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Talk to your dealer - I suspect there is no DESS due to chip shortages.

"Some consumers say they have received products that were missing features because of the component shortage.

Last spring, Milton Beaver, who works in the aviation industry in Alaska, spent $16,000 to preorder a 2022 Ski-Doo Expedition Xtreme, a snowmobile made by BRP Inc. DOOO -0.49% When the vehicle arrived recently, it lacked its electronic security system. The company told him they would install the system next year when parts become available.

Milton Beaver said he was relieved to get his new, if incomplete, snowmobile from BRP in time for winter.

“Right now any one of those plastic keys will start it,” Mr. Beaver said, adding that he isn’t too worried about his snowmobile getting stolen because he doesn’t leave it unattended in crowded places.

BRP said it has been sending out snowmobiles without the security feature—while also providing physical locks—to ensure riders get their vehicles in time for the snow. Mr. Beaver said he was relieved to have gotten one at all, as others face delays that could extend well into the winter snowmobile season."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    When did you take delivery?
    This Tuesday.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Talk to your dealer - I suspect there is no DESS due to chip shortages.

"Some consumers say they have received products that were missing features because of the component shortage.

Last spring, Milton Beaver, who works in the aviation industry in Alaska, spent $16,000 to preorder a 2022 Ski-Doo Expedition Xtreme, a snowmobile made by BRP Inc. DOOO -0.49% When the vehicle arrived recently, it lacked its electronic security system. The company told him they would install the system next year when parts become available.

Milton Beaver said he was relieved to get his new, if incomplete, snowmobile from BRP in time for winter.

“Right now any one of those plastic keys will start it,” Mr. Beaver said, adding that he isn’t too worried about his snowmobile getting stolen because he doesn’t leave it unattended in crowded places.

BRP said it has been sending out snowmobiles without the security feature—while also providing physical locks—to ensure riders get their vehicles in time for the snow. Mr. Beaver said he was relieved to have gotten one at all, as others face delays that could extend well into the winter snowmobile season."
    Oh wow this is interesting. I'll for sure talk to the dealer. Thanks for the reply.

Spyder Garage

Actually they most likely didn't plug it in. If you pop your headlight fenders off, remove the glovebox you will find the unplugged harness. Simply find the other half and remove the block cover from it and plug it in. Then reassemble. It took me all of 20 minutes to fix it.
    2019 Rally , Black with red panels

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Does your paperwork indicate that the dealer installed this accessory?
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zusafek View Post
    Actually they most likely didn't plug it in. If you pop your headlight fenders off, remove the glovebox you will find the unplugged harness. Simply find the other half and remove the block cover from it and plug it in. Then reassemble. It took me all of 20 minutes to fix it.
    Brilliant! That's exactly what it was. Fixed!

It won't let me attach an image so hopefully this works?

https://imgur.com/DX5kJ6K
    Last edited by PrayingForSevens; 02-11-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glad to be of help. Happened to me. Easy fix and pointed it out to my dealership.
    2019 Rally , Black with red panels

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrayingForSevens View Post
    Anyone else have issues with their Frunks? Mine doesn't seem to lock at all. I turned everything off, took the key out put it in another room even and still nothing.
    I picked up a Sport Tues of last week. Noticed when the next day that the glove box didnt lock like advertised. Contacted the dealership and they did some digging and said there was a new TSB out that some bikes shipped from assembly plant without something being plugged in. Rode it back to dealership the next day and it was fixed in 5 mins. Dont give me an excuse to ride & finish break in miles on a nice day!

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue on my 2022 Sport. I pulled the frunk out to install LED lights and notice the cable was not plugged in. There is an accessory plug there with a cap on it, removed the cap plugged the cable from the lock into the accessory plug now mine works.

Spyder Garage

Makes you wonder if Can-Am even included this item on the prep checklist.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange