Spyder Garage

Default Any inputs on Ultimate vs Corbin for a Ryker?

Just saw the problems that the F3 folk are have with Corbin seats. Sorry Guys. I have a BRP custom seat on my Ryker and I still get butt pain after about an hour and was thinking about a Corbin or Ultimate seat for my Ryker. My problem is if I go with Ultimate I will lose the custom saddle bag set up I built since it covers the max mount so I was leaning to a corbin. Any inputs on these seat on the Ryker?
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

My Ryker came with the BRP Comfort seat. I bought a Corbin which I really liked the looks and it was more comfortable than the Comfort seat, but on a 4-5 hour ride it was still to hard. I replaced it with the Ultimate which is much better for long rides. Trip from Charleston to the Tennessee mountains no problem now. I ride solo all the time so didn't like the look of the Ultimate as much, but my butt is happy!

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

Had the Comfort and bought the Ultimate and love it. But I have had ultimate seats on my Old GS and RT and I just bought a custom Ultimate for my F3 so I'm might be bias?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

The Ryker is low and sleek. I sat on the ultimate seat and felt like the whole bike changed…..I didn’t like it. I feel like I was at least 3” to 4” higher and was now sitting on the bike rather than “in it”.
    2020 Ryker 600

Spyder Garage

The score card right now seem to be Ultimate in the lead. Will have to take a close look at the saddle bag system I fabricated and see if I can mod it to use with the ultimate seat. A side note to those that have ultimate seat. Since I am a solo rider can the passenger hand rails be removed?

Quick question to anyone that has returned am ultimate seat. Did you have any problem?
    Last edited by Texas Al; 02-11-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Never tried the Corbin, but I loved my Ultimate. The only down side was the 8-10 week turn around time, but this time of year shouldn't be a problem.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I woulld like to thank all that responded. I have a question to those that have the ultimate seat. how wide is it from grab-handle to grab-handle?

Spyder Garage

I have found that "off the self seats" are usually one size to fit all. and are kind of hit and miss. I live about 2 hours from Corbin (Hollister) in Calif. I make an appointment and go have my seat custom made for me. I have done this for my last 2 bikes, and plan on going to get one for my Spyder (I just picked it up 3 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to get over there). They make it as you watch, and let you try it out before it's covered. So any issues can be addressed and the seat is perfect for you. Then you select they type of cover (Leather of Vinyl) and colors, and get to watch that process also. When it's done you have a truly custom seat made for you. This is all at no extra cost over purchasing one online and having it sent to you. So to me it's a no Brainer.
    2022 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic

Spyder Garage

Around 18 inches.
    David

Spyder Garage

Send your seat to Seth Lamm Seats. He did an awesome job on my RTL. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Corbin has NO customer service! Once they have your money the seat is yours! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL