Spyder Garage

Default Looking at 2012 RSS V-Twin - What's It Worth?

Long time lurker first-time poster.

A little back story. I am speaking with a client who is a 2 wheel enthusiast and was telling him about my interest in the Spyder. He says my old neighbor has one he never rides I bet he would just about give it away. 2012 RSS with 3752 miles and a single owner. Obviously very lightly/under used. My experience is never good with that circumstance!! My client doesn't know if it runs etc. A couple of pictures are attached.

Comments and opinions are appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gitoa View Post

A little back story. I am speaking with a client who is a 2 wheel enthusiast and was telling him about my interest in the Spyder. He says my old neighbor has one he never rides I bet he would just about give it away. 2012 RSS with 3752 miles and a single owner. Obviously very lightly/under used. My experience is never good with that circumstance!! My client doesn't know if it runs etc. A couple of pictures are attached.

First, ask Him want He wants for it ..... I would make sure it runs, if not that's a hugh red flag ..... also if it's a manual trans , immed deduct $1200 ...... I had an 11 RSS and loved it .... also won a trophy with it at 2014 Spyderfest Drag races ..... good luck ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gitoa View Post

Looks like has SE5 tranny, Definitely check age of battery -even if will crank low voltage/ loose connections cause many code problems . Beginners info here:
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners. Also run the vin# at a dealer to get history of various maintenance or recalls, &bulletin work has been or needs to be done.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I actually had that same model and color 2012 RSS. I loved it! I think the above comments have it covered. I see it has an aftermarket exhaust on it, but keep in mind that those are probably the original tires. That means you will need to be replacing them. For me, even if it is a SE5 (which I think it is), I would not be willing to go any higher than $9,000. I love the low milage, but that could be a curse as well as a blessing. There could be issues from sitting so long. I purchased mine in fall of 2016 with about 12k miles and I paid $8,000. I traded it in on my 2016 F3T and was allowed $9000 by IMotorsports and they listed it a couple of months later for $9995. Spyder prices are higher now, but for $9,000 or more, you can get a newer spyder.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white