Spyder Garage

Default 3 RYKERS ride along the French Broad River to Hot Springs, NC

Three friends ride to Hot Springs, NC via River Road along the French Broad River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgHRzHajmV4

FRENCH BROAD THUMB.jpg

Spyder Garage

Very Nice!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thanks Michael, great vid of your ride & some pretty good views of the scenery & roads in the area too.

But I've gotta ask.... am I the only person left in the world who REALLY dislikes not being able to hear what the machine/engine is doing & how it sounds as well as listening to any/all the surrounding &/or background noises - even the sound of wheels on the gravel road is music to my ears!! And this vid started out sooo well too, I could hear all the surrounding sounds...... for the first 20 seconds or so!! And then the music started! And it pretty much kept going for the rest of the vid too (apart from a couple of short breaks while the track being played changed, like the one around 3.30!!) Why does the music hafta drown everything else out??

I appreciate that some might like to listen to music as they ride; and that some might like to listen to music as they watch videos of others' rides; and I too can appreciate a quiet background track - but for me, the greatest music to listen to while I ride/watch a video is the sound of the engine doing its thing, the sound of the wheels on the road, and any/all of the surrounding sounds - even if the video is as good & the views as interesting as the views in this video (I even appreciated watching you dodge the potholes! ) my enjoyment of it all was significantly reduced by the music overlay playing so loudly all the time that it drowned everything else out.....

Maybe it's just me, but previously when I've asked others, I haven't been alone in this!?!

Just Sayin' - and despite the grouch, I did enjoy your vid Michael
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-07-2022 at 05:51 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

That was some nice country you rode through and I loved the game of Pothole Slalom you played. I agree with Peter...some engine/road sounds would be nice. You choice of music was good IMO, but it could be behind the sounds of the bikes. But that's just me. I am so tuned into those sounds when I'm riding, that I never have music on.
    I suggest that some editing - shorter takes - cutting it down to about half the length would have told the same story in less time. But that's just me. Showing where y'all ended the ride brings it to a nice conclusion. Especially if it was an eatery of some sort.
    Let's see more rides.
    Last edited by RICZ; 02-07-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thank you, Ron.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your comments, Peter. I’ll try to be more judicious in the use of music in future videos. I set the music soundtrack at only 25%, so if it seems too loud you can turn down the volume on your device. I don’t listen to music as I ride for the same reason as you. I rode motorcycles for 20 years, so I miss the sound of changing gears.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your comments, RICZ. I am very new at videography, so I have a lot to learn. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by michaelalvis View Post
    Thank you for your comments, RICZ. I am very new at videography, so I have a lot to learn. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.
    Your openess to suggestions will help you to become a better video maker. There is a lot to learn, not only in the filming, but more importantly in the editing. Martin the vlogger's most recent video about the European headlight hack is a great lesson in editing. When showing him removing 4 bolts, all you see is maybe 2 seconds of him starting on the first one and then, viola - all 4 are gone. Others will speed the video real fast. No need to see how the sausage is made. If takes are too long, you can lose your audience.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-09-2022 at 12:14 AM. Reason: lean = learn ;-)
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very nice! I am somewhat familiar with the area and decided to check out the video to see exactly where you were and why I hadn't been on that road. As I watched you dodge the potholes, I figured it out. That is beautiful but it does seem to be more suited to a ryker than the spyder or BMW K1800 that I also ride. Hopefully I will get to ride on some of the more paved roads with some of you guys on one of my trips.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white