Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post

The tool MSRP is $68.99 but you probably can't find one! I would try using a Channellock pliers. Just drop the jaws into the notches.

Or you could try a few gentle taps with a a softish drift to loosen it enough to get it out; and a few taps the other way to tighten it up enough after putting it back in. . But I'd suggest NOT using a cold chisel like that!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

If it only needs 15 ft/lbs torque a large set of needle nose pliers would probably work.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

The great feeling you get by being able to refer to a service manual is second only to that from the activity you enjoy with a woman! Go to www.canammanuals.com.

No tool is mentioned in the 2014 manual, but it is shown in the 2013 manual! This is just one example of many inconsistencies that exist in BRP's documentations, within a specific document and between successive years of documents.

The tool MSRP is $68.99 but you probably can't find one! I would try using a Channellock pliers. Just drop the jaws into the notches.

Idaho, Thanks for the diagrams, and the canam manual link. Made sure I saved them all for future reference.

I did see on ebay there was such a tool listed, but I think for the price I will use my own ingenuity and invent one. Your channel lock suggestion sounds like it would work as well. I was thinking a piece of cross steel inserted across the slots and a Crescent Wrench. Seeing the nut is torqued so low it wouldn't take much effort to remove and reinstall it.

Glad to see the ingenuity of creative ideas being mentioned here. It's amazing what we can accomplish and invent when we want to save some bucks for ourselves! Along with your diagrams, those diagrams helped many of us, I'm sure.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Briorick; 02-05-2022 at 12:08 AM.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JSRT View Post
    I made a wrench for that nut the last time I had a wheel apart. I just used a piece of 1/4 plate steel - cut to fit into opposite grooves, welded to a piece of 1/2 square bar. The bar is maybe 8” long so a gentle snug won’t apply too much torque. Here’s a couple photos:

Great idea! This is something similar to Spyder Stuff's invention he made in his video ( @ approx 4:32 ) with the exception he welded a Bolt onto his steel piece to be able to use a ratchet. Such ingenuity!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juVK1ogc1BA&t=306s

Both great ideas.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

& another when mine failed suspect from impact with large Road patch. More details in thread, definitely keeping some spare in hand considering parts delays as of recent.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...UESS-this-part

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Good Afternoon everyone. Just wanted to take a moment and Thank everyone for their contributions, input, and participation with my quest to find the answer to this Funky Nut.

Your input was invaluable , and we actually found out what, and how, to tackle ( with a little ingenuity ) this culprit should any of us need to.

Once again......... Thank You, All. Great Work!
    Last edited by Briorick; 02-05-2022 at 04:22 PM.

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    Good Afternoon everyone. Just wanted to take a moment and Thank everyone for their input and participation with my quest to find the answer to this Funky Nut.

Your input was invaluable , and we actually found out what, and how, to tackle ( with a little ingenuity ) this culprit should any of us need to.

Once again......... Thank You, All. Great Work!
    You're welcome!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

ebay item 121077395218 is the castellated socket that fits that nut perfectly.
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

In situation like this, I have used a piece of steel flatstock cut to fit and applied a large Crescent Wrench for twisting. Cheap and easy - that's me.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    In situation like this, I have used a piece of steel flatstock cut to fit and applied a large Crescent Wrench for twisting. Cheap and easy - that's me.
    Another "Cheap and Easy" here as well . That's exactly the method I was thinking myself. Keep it simple!

2014 RTS Pearl White
    2014 RTS , Pearl White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Diy tools

Quote Originally Posted by Briorick View Post
    Another "Cheap and Easy" here as well . That's exactly the method I was thinking myself. Keep it simple!
    I am glad to hear that you got the job done. Thank You for your Updates. .... : )
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue